• 800 x 600 or less

6 7.14%
  • I don't know

1 1.19%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Resolution?

Resolution?

Dear members,

What screen resolution do you run? Please all answer this question, it will partly dictate future Ultimatecarpage.com design.

Thanks
    WM
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

i voted 2nd!

anything less then 1024x728 hurts my brain to look at.

i came across a computer using 640x480 at work the other day! My head nearly exploded
    The Datto will rage again...

If you install a new design , do you have to close the forum for a few days?

Quote Originally Posted by forza_autodelta
    If you install a new design , do you have to close the forum for a few days?
    First of all this is just the very first step, don't expect a new design anytime soon, it'll just help us guide into a direction. Like all previous design changes it will be implemented with little to no down time. Uptime is very important for us.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Dear ruler of the pages,

I run screen resolution 1280x1024

Thanks
    M
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

1920x1200.... didn't ask for that though - DELL fooked up.
    Pulling CV's

Mustang and labomba can you please vote in the poll.

(Ted Joans)

i run at 800 x 600 most of the times.this is because our modem is usually connected to our old computer (right next to the new one) which has a smaller screen.Our new one is connected to a "normal" 21 (!!) inch screen.the old one at a simple 15 inch one.our new computer doesnt operate as it should and therefor we use the old to internet,thus running lower res. On the website i am creting now with some good friends, we use 1024 x 768. We have held a small enquirie in our class, cos we wanted to know it too.it turned out that about 75% use 1024 x768, about 15% had no idea/or no computer and the rest was on 800x600 or higher as 1280x ?.

all the computers connected to the network at school use 800 x 600.most of these computers are hopelessly outdated, still using win 95.... i must admit it is quite annoying sometimes if you can't read stuff on a webpage, cos these are made at 1024 x 768.

if i use the computer at my dad's work everything is too small for the screen.he uses a huge screen of 31 (!!!) inch.i think its about 65 cm thick !!! well, thats not really normal, but he has to have one cos he needs to look at huge res aerial pictures and maps.

so the conclusion:
    70 % of the time 800 x 600
    20 % of the time 1024 x 768
    10% of the time more as 2048 x ??

Quote Originally Posted by labomba
    1920x1200.... didn't ask for that though - DELL fooked up.
    got that too. (makes the use of reading glasses permanent )
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

I think they had run out of the 1600 size, And not many people were ordering 1920x1200!! So they gave it to me for no extra cost. I've regretted that a few times...

Now I have to get pretty close to the screen
    Pulling CV's

will anyone who uses this forum really not know what res they run? but i suppose you have to put the option on there

Quote Originally Posted by labomba
    I think they had run out of the 1600 size, And not many people were ordering 1920x1200!! So they gave it to me for no extra cost. I've regretted that a few times...

Now I have to get pretty close to the screen
    but you surely know that you can adjust it don't you?
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

For anyone that doesn't know what res they are running:

In windows XP :
    right click on your desktop.click on properties.a menu will appear.click on the right option Settings.you can see and chang your res there

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    but you surely know that you can adjust it don't you?
    Yeah of course but the screen is optimised for 1920x1200, and the other settings don't have quite the same sharpness. Makes the screen look like a bad resolution Jpeg.
    I've learnt my lesson though, its not always best to chase the big numbers!
    Pulling CV's

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen
    First of all this is just the very first step, don't expect a new design anytime soon, it'll just help us guide into a direction. Like all previous design changes it will be implemented with little to no down time. Uptime is very important for us.
    ok , thanks

Thread Information