Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Micheal Park Crash Pics

Quote Originally Posted by magracer
    not of the car or driver, but of all the conditions put together
    Mag
    Definately, Mag.
    We had some crossed wires there, I was only comparing that a rally driver by virtue of it being a stage never puts the car OR HIM at 100%, they put the whole package at "100% and finish the stage" which is somewhat below 100% for most corners and a lot of straights with yumps.
    There is definately NOT the option of being 100% on the CAR all the time as rallying doesn't have the fortune of knowing what the next 10 yards is going to be like
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

I'm so mad at the roll cage designer - have a browse around on google and look at "open door service area shots" of the 307, all the cahe cross bars on the door are nowhere near the occupants, which is exactly where the car has deformed in the picture. I'm gutted

I can see what you mean.

Quote Originally Posted by andrewtaylor15
    I'm so mad at the roll cage designer - have a browse around on google and look at "open door service area shots" of the 307, all the cahe cross bars on the door are nowhere near the occupants, which is exactly where the car has deformed in the picture. I'm gutted
    How do you suggest the driver and co-driver can get in and out?
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

The door cross bars are where they are on all cars.

You have to be able to get in and out of rally cars through the normal doors and have to show you can get out unaided.

WHY are you @mad@ at the roll cage designer other than expecting them to do the impossible ?

See attached image - a grab from vid of the Scoobie ones.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Matra et Alpine; 09-22-2005 at 01:06 PM.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Very true Wouter and Matra. It is not as if they have ejector seats andrew, so they need have to have space to get in and out. Refer to my cutaway pic too see what i mean

I'm trying to find the pic I saw earlier, this cage is not good. I'm not saying they need loads of bars, I'm saying that the crosses are in the wrong place to protect the occupents, mainly because the doors are too big on this car - I hate the 307cc

I'm trying to find the pic I saw earlier, this cage is not good. I'm not saying they need loads of bars, I'm saying that the crosses are in the wrong place to protect the occupents, mainly because the doors are too big on this car - I hate the 307cc
    I'm pretty sure that the size of the roll cage is not dependent on the size of the doors. If you look at that cutaway drawing you can see the cage starting well within the door opening.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

I race a tin-top and I have perform morning gymnastics to get in and out! I've found a good pic how do I show it like you displayed the cut away?

It has to be under 800x600 or 600x800 for the in-lime imahes rule.

All you need to do is -

[IMG] THE LINK TO THE IMAGE.jpg [/IMG]

Without the spaces of course

Quote Originally Posted by adamfraser
    It has to be under 800x600 or 600x800 for the in-lime imahes rule.

All you need to do is -

[IMG] THE LINK TO THE IMAGE.jpg [/IMG]

Without the spaces of course
    It's preferable that you use the Attachment system though. There you can upload all images up to 1 mb. It can be found under the additional options in the advanced reply menu.

(Ted Joans)

Or you could do what Wouter said. It is alot easier, and alot better for people on Dial-Up. If you dont understand, send me a PM with a link to the image

OK check these two out (attached)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Which car would you rather be in?

Which car would you rather be in?
    it woudln't matter

It was a vertical edge. so WHERE the cross bars are doesn't make any difference.

Hitting a tree at 80mph compeltely side on with no other reduction in energy is NOT going to be stoped regardless.

You race tin-tops, what kind ? Oval ? circuit ??

Thread Information