Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pagani Zonda Revolucion 2013

Pagani Zonda Revolucion 2013

The evolution of the species, the revolution in the concept of art applied to pure speed. Pagani Automobili unveiled the final version of the Pagani Zonda Revolucion to clients and family members during Vanishing Point 2013 - The International Pagani gathering.

The Pagani Zonda Revolucion is the apex of the celebration of performance, technology and art applied to a track car. Horacio Pagani and his team have created a car designed to amaze both on the track and in a car collection.

The central monocoque is carbon-titanium, the needle on the scale stops at 1070kg. The AMG Mercedes engine is an evolution of the Zonda R powerplant. The 6.0-liter V12 now develops an output of 800 hp and 730 Nm of torque, resulting in a power to weight ratio of 748 hp per tonne.

The 6 speed magnesium transversal and sequential gearbox changes gears in 20ms. The traction control developed by Bosch with 12 different settings and the renewed ABS system, allows the driver to adapt the behavior of the car to his driving style.

The Zonda R program has always represented the highest expression of the technology at Pagani Automobili. The aerodynamics feature important innovations, like new deflectors on the front bonnet, as well as a vertical stabilizer mounted on the rear bonnet.

Pagani Zonda Revolucion also features a DRS (Drag-Reduction-System) on the rear wing. The system has two different operating modes, both can be activated by the driver at any time. The manual system is controlled with the DRS button on the steering wheel. The rear wing changes between maximum and minimum downforce settings, at the occurrence of a lateral acceleration of + / - 0.8 g and a minimum speed of 100 km / h. Holding down the DRS for more than two seconds engages the DRS to work automatically according to the algorithms developed by the Pagani Automobili engineers during the development phase. The result is a car that is always fast, a strong performer able to take on any circuit in the world.

The Brembo braking system adopts new cutting edge F1-tecnology derived CCMR discs. With a weight saving of 15% compared to the previous CCM discs, the CCMR offer higher stiffness and lower operating temperatures on extreme track use. This contributes to the life of the disc which is increased by four times, with no sign of fading and a significant overall increase in braking power.

Pagani Zonda Revolucion is the ultimate experience for individuals who want to experience the thrill of an extreme track experience, in a safe and intuitive machine. Pagani Zonda Revolucion, like all creatures coming our to the Atelier in San Cesario sul Panaro, is tailor made. An object where art and science blend to create a perfect synthesis of technology, performance and aesthetics. A new masterpiece signed by Horacio Pagani.

Pagani Zonda Revolucion is on sale at a price of 2.2 million Euros plus taxes.

Horacio Pagani, Owner and chief designer of Pagani Automobili:

"Limits are made to be overcome. We knew that Pagani Zonda R was already a fast car, the fastest ever on the Nuerburgring Nordschleife. We knew it would be very difficult to design and build a car that was even more extreme. But thanks to the creativity of our designers, engineers, and the whole Pagani family, we created a beautiful object and the fastest Pagani vehicle ever. A car that I am sure will electrify all our customers and fans all over the world."
    Attached Images Attached Images
    www.flickr.com/photos/maestro_ng

More images...
    Last edited by Roentgen; 06-06-2013 at 07:34 PM.

And I thought the 760RS was the last Zonda.

Heck, I don't mind more Zondas at all, I think the Huayra isn't all that good looking.

All this posturing, they really should race this thing...
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Its glorious engine bay.

Some more pics...

Final lot, enjoy :-)

Quite possibly my new favorite car...

Viva la Revolucion..

Presume this is track only again? While it would be cool to see a Zonda race car, I'd have to wonder about the benefit of going through the homologation hoopla for it. Horacio doesn't seem too interested in racing, and it's not as if they need the exposure that some race wins would bring.
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

Hadn't the Zonda gone out of production?

If I ask them to make a brand new Fiat Uno Turbo, will they be able to do it as well?
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

For 2.2 million Euro, I'm sure Mr Pagani will be happy to build you an Uno.

Quote Originally Posted by pimento View Post
    For 2.2 million Euro, I'm sure Mr Pagani will be happy to build you an Uno.
    I find that a bargain for the magnificence of a brand new 80's hot hatch with massive turbo lag.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by pimento View Post
    Viva la Revolucion..

Presume this is track only again? While it would be cool to see a Zonda race car, I'd have to wonder about the benefit of going through the homologation hoopla for it. Horacio doesn't seem too interested in racing, and it's not as if they need the exposure that some race wins would bring.
    While true, if he wants to race there will be venues for it. Nurburgring for example....Jim Clickenhaus thought enough of it that he would race a one-off commissioned P4/5 Competizione....

I doubt this will even see track days...

This is one thing that bugs me about Zonda. They are clearly drawing a lot of the engineering from the racing world, unlike say, Veyron, which is a road car. But things are just there for mostly show...
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Quote Originally Posted by RacingManiac View Post
    This is one thing that bugs me about Zonda. They are clearly drawing a lot of the engineering from the racing world, unlike say, Veyron, which is a road car. But things are just there for mostly show...
    Oh, they're not for show. These things wouldn't have their magical combination of sweetness and speed without them. If anything it's the ultimate application of race engineering to a road car.

Not a road car....a track car...which is terrible for road car....

I know the hardware and the car is not made for show, but that's what they will do, for show. The car is detailed to the point of stupidity, and for no reason. You don't need etched logo on bolts you make yourself, AN/NAS fastner suppliers exist for a reason. F1 teams don't even do that because it serves no purpose. The whole shifter deal on something like the Huayra with 70 something parts is just excessive and frankly dumb, for something that used to essentially pressing 2 buttons. This is more akin to creating art work than actually making a car.

Comparing this to a P1, a TheFerrari, or a 918 Spyder, all of which are probably over 7 figure in cost. But where as those buys you technology or engineering, this buys you a lot of polished metal bits on something thats a bit pretty plain as far as being a "racing car" goes....

I'd love to have this sitting in my imaginary house as an art piece. But I'd be driving the imaginary McLaren...
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Thread Information