Thread: Panther Solo 2
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2010, 05:25 AM
Novice

Hi all,

I'm looking for info on the 4WD drivetrain layout for the Solo 2, I see there are a couple of you guys on here who are owners and might be able to shed some light for me, being a rare car info is a bit thin on the ground to say the least!

Which gearbox did it use? was it the MT75 4x4 from the cosworth, or the type 9 from the sierra XR4x4? Did it keep the transfer chain or was it swapped to a gear drive for the rear prop?

Did it use the standard ford differentials turned upside down to drive the car in the right direction, or were they diffs from something else?

And does anyone know what the front to rear torque split for the 4WD Solo was? I'm assuming it was 50/50 unless the gearbox was modded to completely reverse the front/rear 40/60 torque split when fitted in the 4x4 Sierra?

If anybody has any underside photo's of the Solo's transmission etc they'd be greatly appreciated!!!!

I'm working on a mid engine 4x4 project, design stage at the moment but I'd like to be able to use ford parts but I need to sort out some critical factors before I decide to go ahead and take the plunge!!!

Thanks in advance

Pete