View Single Post
Old 02-18-2016, 06:16 PM
Furniture

Quote:
Nobody wants an expensive French sportscar from a brand name whose customer base is mostly dead or can't drive any more. The Japanese, not really known for having few resources and making things the half-assed way, have failed with their approach in Europe (let's remember that Alpine's playground will mainly be Europe). This doesn't bode well for the Alpine
This is why I am skeptical, and I'm finally taking a stance here, I don't think this is a good idea.

Lexus, Infiniti, and Cadillac (to throw an American brand in there) may have been failures in Europe, but Lexus especially does well in North America. It is interesting how the luxury divisions of the Japanese big three have largely struggled outside of our market, and as a Japanese executive, I would really want to see Acura et al. do well globally, especially in places like the Middle East.

Japan may not have the recipe right for Europe in this class, but I could see a better play for these brands in the Middle East and some emerging markets.