Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Modern Warfare 2

Quote Originally Posted by RacingManiac View Post
    Some maps are way too big for TDM with 6 vs 6(eg the one with the russian trenches and grass,
    That is a remake of the very popular and original COD (the very first one for PC, 2003) map called Brecourt. It was one of the big sniping maps for small teams on the game. It also did well for big teams because of the close combat in the tranches. I think they did a good job on the remake as they added much more foliage to hide in.

I like how Infinity Ward is doing remakes of classic maps. Carentan (Chinatown in COD:4) and Brecourt were my favorites back in the day.

I have it for ps3, my psn id is "vsawh" minus the quotations. Feel free to add me
    2011 Honda Civic Si

ATHEIST and damn proud of it.

Anyone got any favorite classes so far?
    UCP FTW!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rallyswift75 View Post
    Anyone got any favorite classes so far?
    As in weapon combos?

I'm using the SCAR-H with stopping power and bling (FMJ and Holo-Scope). Combined with that machine pistol (I forget what it's called) using bling with a scope and silencer. I have unlocked most of the assault weapons past the SCAR-H but it is so damn powerful when you shoot the chest and above that I still use it. Most maps I get around a 7 to 10+ k/d spread when using it.

Intervention is sick with a silencer and FMJ combo; same with the .50 cal... if you love sniping, like me.

Dual P90's are fun in close quarters matches with rapid fire turned on but I start to hit a negative k/d grind when I use them too much. NOTE: Dual P90's are damn well useless at a medium range; I'm talking like 20 feet.

As far as streak bonuses go, I like the predator (because it is so demonic and cheap to use) and the turret is fun on domination maps. I equip copters from time to time but I prefer the FPS scene verses using too many streak bonuses to rack up kills. The AC gunner is quite awesome, though.

Other than that I don't really use anything else as of now. With the exception of whipping out the "noob tube" when I'm really pissed at a negative streak.

Other members do share your favorite combos too, please.

I have heard that the SCAR can be an amazing gun. It would be interesting if you could compare it to the ACR, which is actually made with some SCAR components and are very similar looking guns. From the stats I think I spotted that the ACR has a higher fire rate and lower damage whereas the SCAR is the opposite way around, interesting.

LT, whats the difference between rds and holo I've haven't been able to find out yet..

From as much as I can gather from the internet, I think my favorite might be M4A1, using scavenger, stopping power, steady aim with rds attached and a spas for a secondary weaponry.
    Miscommunication seems to be a direct result of misplaced, text based sarcasm.

holographic has a better sight picture imo

i love the care package air drop. such a lucky dip. it's like christmas! only thing i haven't got from it yet is a nuke. akimbo sucks balls at anything past punching distance lol.
    also i swear i'm the only person in the world to use the FAL.
    and the AA12 as secondary is brutal... having one emptied into your riot shield when you come around a corner is unnerving too
    Last edited by clutch-monkey; 11-16-2009 at 03:47 PM.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

I forgot about the AA-12, that thing is physco, 350rpm from a 12 gauge shotgun, that can also fire frag rounds, smoke rounds etc and it can be fitted with a 32 round drum magazine, Duck shooting just became massacre. There's a very good video done on it somewhere in the realms of youtube "AA-12 Future Weapons" or something, should check it out.

yeah it's lethal in close quarters, if you catch the other team by surprise it's a good 2-3 kills at least.
    conversely the underslung shotgun doesn't seem that great unless used in hardcore games? noobtube is more effective by far, i only use the underslung shotty if my secondary slot is a rocket launcher..
    Last edited by clutch-monkey; 11-16-2009 at 04:06 PM.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    noobtube is more effective by far, i only use the underslung shotty if my secondary slot is a rocket launcher..
    Close quarters noob tube kills are the best. You always wonder for a second whether or not you killed the guy and then satisfaction of 100+ pops up on the screen.

haha yeah just don't miss

i'll be online tonight, so any Aus/NZ members who want private match shenanigans i'm up for it

M4 + Heartbeat + Silencer
    Bling
    Cold blooded
    steady aim

Shenanigans
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Barrett .50 cal + acog scope
    sleight of hand pro
    stopping power pro
    steady aim

most hilarious point weapon ever. if i could put a holographic sight on it i would
    Last edited by clutch-monkey; 11-16-2009 at 04:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    haha yeah just don't miss

i'll be online tonight, so any Aus/NZ members who want private match shenanigans i'm up for it
    This sounds good as not having played the game yet, I shall need to build up a skill base. I assume Everyone has microphones?

i actually don't at the moment but i will try to rectify that.

I have about 3 broken xbox mic's sitting around, the parts I removed from them are always popping up in the weirdest places. Having gone through so many I'm always slightly skeptical that the next will fail straight away. On a side note, I could probably pull some parts together and build you a new one

Thread Information