Thread: Castrol Magnatec

Castrol Magnatec

I'm sure I'm not the only one who has seen the ads where they refer to "protection from the moment you turn the key". Is the Magnatec oil really revolutionary in sticking to the combustion chamber, pistons, whatever even when cold or does most oil generally do that already to some degree? Is it worh paying the premium over regular oil?

i am instructed by my mechanic to use it in all the 911's (various grades of magnatec)
    i am still told to warm it up properly and not rev over 3000rpm until it's up to temperature, so.. i would say no difference when cold.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Its not that special. It is relying on a small (~5%) di-ester oil percentage to achieve its claims. Di-ester based oils do stick to metal parts and make them more slippery. Mobil 1 has about the same concentration, Mobil's Delvac 1 is about 25% iirc, and AmsOil and Neo are true d-ester based oils with 90+% di-ester.

Yes it works as claimed, but there are others that do it better.
    Chief of Secret Police and CFO - Brotherhood of Jelly
    No Mr. Craig, I expect you to die! On the inside. Of heartbreak. You emo bitch

Thread Information