Thread: NEW Photos of the GT

NEW Photos of the GT

New images of the FORD GT are now available @:
    http://www.highresautoimages.com/ford/gt.html

man this suxs ok......
    Supras Rock

Originally posted by Supra-Devil
    man this suxs ok......
    actually it is quite a nice car but i do not find it beautiful - performance aint that great either but just remember this car thought Enzo ferrari something - his ferraris are not the best in the world
    BAZOOKA EXHAUST

this new GT is a serious threat to Modena and Gallardo. Id say it has adequate performance! Even CAR magazine tested it and loved it, and that was a development prototype!

lovelovelovelovelove

I absolutely love this car. I will have one some day, no matter what it takes. The performance is absolutely mind-blowing for the price, which is rumored to be under 100 grand. This car is still, and will always be, the Ferrari killer.

Im not a Ford fan but it is impossible for me not to like this. It is hugely impressive for Ford to retain what I assume is the original styling and a credit to the original design that it is dated so well.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

Well im loving it! i cant wait to see them hit the nations cup circut here And i must say i never thought ford would go past the prototype stage.

Seriously, they are usually really conservative, but recently with the new five-hundred sedan and thunderbird, they are going all out.

now, this is by far one of the greatest cars ford has ever mede, but why put a blower on it? awesome it may seem, but a friend of mine whose dad owns the oldest ford dealership in indiana told me that the block is off a lincoln navigator. if so thats sad. i mean this is my fav car ever, but it was rushed. 18 month to make it and they could've done better.i think in 5 years it will be up to Murcielago standands, or at least have a version that is.
    American Muscle: twice the cylinders, twice the awesome!

Question The hell are you talking about?

The 5.4 is used in LOTS of vehicles first off. Among them, yes the Navigator, the F-150/SVT Lightning, Mustang Cobra R, and the Expedition. It's a damn fine engine which can be fit with all kinds of heads. A two valve as seen in the old F-150 and Lightning, three valve as in the new F-150, and four valve like in the new GT, Lightning concept, and Cobra R. Not sure which head the Navigator and Expedition use. But naturally aspirated the engine can make up to 390hp as seen in the Cobra R, which had a 5.4 block with 4 valve cobra heads. Supercharged the engine makes that same number with a two valve head, as in the old Lightning. Blown with 4 valves? 500 horse/500 foot pounds. Or in other words, BAD ASS.

So what if it's block has it's roots in trucks? Who cares? It kicks ass, and the use of it as opposed to a specially developed engine unique to the GT (as I feel you would prefer) is a big reason why the price is being estimated around $100,000 to $150,000 U.S.
    Where as a more exotic all new engine design would have probably raised the price to the range of most european supercars.

Besides a blown small block V-8 is just about as american as Apple Pie.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Most wanted cars:

Ford GT, Aston Martin DB9, Nissan Skyline R-34 V-Spec II, 2004 SVT Cobra Mustang, VW Golf R32, TVR Cerbera 4.5, Ford Focus RS, Aston Martin Vanquish S

Still waiting.....Shelby Cobra, Shelby GR1, 2006 Ford Lightning, Next generation SVT Mustang Cobra 2006? Mazda Speed RX8

if its 100k youre getting a lot for the money (relatively). knowing ford tho, the interior will probably suck
    stereotonin

I think that Ford, along with most american car companies, are starting to put more money and effort on issues like quality, materials, fit and finish . . . its probably due to globalisation effects and that stuff.

I think they better come up with a good interior for this car ,after all its gonna cost around 100k !!

By the way, the new F-150 has a pretty upscale interior look.
    ----R.I.P----
    "Misho Ratio"
    2003 - 2004

if ford would have built the GT90 they would have a better reputation by now as a super-car maker. even though i dislike most fords, the GT is definately awsome. they're beingmore conservative, with cars like the '02 thunder bird and the GT, maybe they'll bring the GT90 back.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Batmobile_Turbo; 09-27-2003 at 05:15 PM.
    Wenn Sie wissen wollen, was einen volkswagen ein volkswagen macht, treibt es.

for value it beats the Enzo and Murcielago but outright performance? i doubt it and most people with that kind of money to spend on a car wouldnt mind paying the extra for a lambo or ferrari

GT-40s are the best all these fags with their forign cars (some Italian cars are nice along with porche) GO AMERICA

Thread Information