CPU: Athlon 64 3000+/Intel 2.8ghz
    Graphics: Nvidia 6600/X800GTO (SM 2.0)
    RAM: 768Mb/1Gb on Windows Vista
    HDD: 6GB
    Internet: 256k+
    Optical Drive: DVD
    Software: DX9.0c with Windows XP

Recommended Requirements

CPU: Dual-core CPU (Athlon X2/Pentium D)
    Graphics: Nvidia 7800GTX/ATI X1800XT (SM 3.0) or DX10 equivalent
    RAM: 1.5Gb
    HDD: 6GB
    Internet: 512k+ (128k+ upstream)
    Optical Drive: DVD
    Software: DX10 with Windows Vista
    Quote Originally Posted by Awards/Nominations

Awards

1UP Best Visuals E2 2006
    GameSpy "Top 10 PC Game" E3 2006
    GameSpy "Best Graphics" E3 2006
    Gametrailers "Best PC Game"
    Gametrailers "Best Graphics"
    Gametrailers "Best Shooter"
    IGN "Best PC FPS Game"
    IGN "Best Technical Graphics PC"
    IGN "Technological Excellence PC"
    IGN "Best FPS (overall)"
    IGN "Best Graphics Technology (overall)"
    GameSpot "Best Graphics"

Nominations

GameSpot "Best Shooter"
    GameSpot "Best PC Game"
    Gametrailers "Best of Show"
    1UP Best PC Game E3 2006
    1UP Best Shooting Game E3 2006
    IGN "Technical Excellence (overall)"
    IGN "PC Game of the Show"
    IGN "Best of Show"
    EDIT #1: Added System Requirements.
    EDIT #2: Added Awards/Nominations

Release Date: November 16th, 2007

Discuss.
    Last edited by NuclearCrap; 08-18-2007 at 03:52 PM.
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

I'm dreading what kind if specs you need to run it, but it looks epic everything is so open and pretty.
    Barnum's Law - You’ll never go broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public

The dyslexic version of Cyco

Civil disobedience is still disobedience

Holy shit. This game is to graphics as Spore is to ingenuity. Though I have heard that Fallout was quite innovative as well in terms of sandbox gameplay.

Those graphics are absolutely stellar. What Half-Life 2 started, Crysis looks to continue.

wow, I want this game.
    2011 Honda Civic Si

ATHEIST and damn proud of it.

Bay Area, California, U.S., North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way,
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy
    Holy shit. This game is to graphics as Spore is to ingenuity. Though I have heard that Fallout was quite innovative as well in terms of sandbox gameplay.

Those graphics are absolutely stellar. What Half-Life 2 started, Crysis looks to continue.
    Crytek's FarCry started it all, now they're back to dominate the world of shooter games again. CryEngine2 is pretty amazing, they just exploited the sh*t outta the new DX10 system not just on graphics, but physics also, and as usual Crytek will deliver some awesome gameplay experience to us all just like they did with FarCry.

Just before E3 2006 they decided to cancel the console version, but rumors suggest that CryEngine2 may later be ported to consoles as other games after Crysis, but of course without as much little details as Crysis since consoles aren't powerful enough and DX10 was fully rewritten from scratch so it may take quite a while for the engine to be ported for console use. Eventually I think they will though.

Notice how you can see the light shining through the leaves on the tree just like real-world, and that everything's so interactive that even wind created from jet engines or those huge alien things can actually make things move!
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

I've read really good things about FarCry, never got to play it though. Saw the xBox version (whatever it's called) for quite a good price the other day, is it any good?
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Can anyone say contendor for GOTY when it's released? Stunning visuals, can't believe the amount of detail that ha gone into this game, im dreading the specs for it, just look at the minimum specs! wo0o

Crysis > PS3 visuals
    House said the perfect woman was a man...now im all confused!!

What is a mile long and hasn't had sex?
    - The line for the PS3

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen
    I've read really good things about FarCry, never got to play it though. Saw the xBox version (whatever it's called) for quite a good price the other day, is it any good?

Farcry? its a bit from column A, a bit from column B, hit and miss, but more hit. There are some issues with the gameplay and dubious AI, but overall its a pretty intense experience given you have low / moderate expectations.

- The line for the PS3

Marco, I introduced you to this game.

I must say it's pretty impressive, but you should at least have an 8-series Geforce and a Conroe CPU to play it on maximum settings.

I was a bit disappointed with FarCry and its human-monkey mutants but it was quite fun in the first part of the game. Yeah, I had to play it on minimum settings in that days and I think that will also be the case with Crysis for most people.

I hope the graphics engine will be optimised as much as possible, like the UT2k4 is. I played it on high settings on my old Radeon X600 and was still getting ~40-50fps.

This engine's complex physics will require great computing power so yeah, as I said, you'll need a Quadcore.

Wow, just watched the walkthrough and I can see there are many places where they had a very low frame-per-second rate, that further proves my points.

But yeah the nanosuit and the fully interactible environment certainly make it very interesting a probably very fun. I'm looking forward to it.

EDIT:Oh yeah, are you only going to have one machine gun(SCAR)? Even if it's customisable as hell it would become a bit dull I reckon.
    Last edited by P3RG4R3C; 11-21-2006 at 07:59 AM.

the fully interactible environment is without a doubt the real news here, everything destructible, i want to see a GTA with this kind of interaction!
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz_
    Can anyone say contendor for GOTY when it's released? Stunning visuals, can't believe the amount of detail that ha gone into this game, im dreading the specs for it, just look at the minimum specs! wo0o

Crysis > PS3 visuals
    GOTY for 2006 is easily Elderscrolls IV: Oblivion

I thought it was scheduled for a 07 release??

It will be either Oblivion or that funky PS2 game with the huge bosses, umm the eco sequel? Absaloutely INSANE gameplay..

- The line for the PS3

Quote Originally Posted by pergarec
    Marco, I introduced you to this game.

I must say it's pretty impressive, but you should at least have an 8-series Geforce and a Conroe CPU to play it on maximum settings.

I was a bit disappointed with FarCry and its human-monkey mutants but it was quite fun in the first part of the game. Yeah, I had to play it on minimum settings in that days and I think that will also be the case with Crysis for most people.

I hope the graphics engine will be optimised as much as possible, like the UT2k4 is. I played it on high settings on my old Radeon X600 and was still getting ~40-50fps.

This engine's complex physics will require great computing power so yeah, as I said, you'll need a Quadcore.

Wow, just watched the walkthrough and I can see there are many places where they had a very low frame-per-second rate, that further proves my points.

But yeah the nanosuit and the fully interactible environment certainly make it very interesting a probably very fun. I'm looking forward to it.

EDIT:Oh yeah, are you only going to have one machine gun(SCAR)? Even if it's customisable as hell it would become a bit dull I reckon.
    Without 8-series it can still max out in DX9 mode, which isn't too bad. The Q3 2007 release date is giving many people more than enough time to upgrade, and mainstream 8-series cards are in production so we'll see them very soon.

Conroe isn't that much faster than current K8 dual-cores, so it'll be fine to have something like an Opteron as long as the GPU is good enough. That little chip on the left of the 8800 board handles some physics, and remember when MS said that DX10 will move more work from the CPU to GPU.

The short demo was ran on dual 7900's and it was barely struggling at that huge of a screen, and you probably already know that a single 8800GTX beats any non-DX10 dual card setups, even X1950XTX's and 7950GX2's, so it'll run fine for us who have more to spend in the box than on the monitor, plus it'll take some loads off the CPU with that little physics chip.

Anyway, before Crysis comes out, let's watch Epic squeezes the last bits out of DX9 with UT2007.
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

G8x overclocking by distributors (eVGA, BFG Tech, Leadtek, etc) has been banned by NVIDIA

Quote Originally Posted by Zytek_Fan
    G8x overclocking by distributors (eVGA, BFG Tech, Leadtek, etc) has been banned by NVIDIA
    But manufacturers (eVGA, BFG) that allow card replacement for damage due to manual overclocking is still something nVidia can't ban, so we're good.
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

Thread Information