Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Audi TT RS

Audi TT RS

Well, it has been leaked. It apparently has a direct injected 340 hp / 332 lb.-ft. of torque TT 2.5L I5 which I assume is based off a bank of the S6's or R8 V10's engine. Pics below with more pics/info here.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Kitdy; 02-21-2009 at 11:38 AM.

it's more likely an I5, not an I6, definitely too long for its bonnet
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    That was a typo.

Nice to see a manual and five cylinder engine in an Audi again. Other than that not really interested.
    Well the Freelander does have a straight six mounted tranversely under the bonnet, so who knows.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Ferrer, you are responsible for making me liking Audis less/disliking them to an extent.

This one is ugly and probably fat and turbocharged. Those front air intakes are SL65-level goofy. This is one of those cases where "buy a Mustang GT (and maybe mod it)" seems to be the right answer. Not luxurious/comparable in many ways, but somehow more proper in my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Nice to see a manual and five cylinder engine in an Audi again. Other than that not really interested.

Well the Freelander does have a straight six mounted tranversely under the bonnet, so who knows.
    that's slightly bigger, and the TT always suffered for a cramped engine bay.
    also, they don't have a V12 to cut in half, apart from the Murcielago's one, which is assembled by hand and as expensive as hell (even if I would have really liked to see an revving I6 good for about 300 hp without a turbo/supercharger).

oh, and that rear spoiler il simply out of place. same for the front ir intakes, can't like them and I know I must get used to them 'cause they will appear on every RS model

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    Ferrer, you are responsible for making me liking Audis less/disliking them to an extent.

This one is ugly and probably fat and turbocharged. Those front air intakes are SL65-level goofy. This is one of those cases where "buy a Mustang GT (and maybe mod it)" seems to be the right answer. Not luxurious/comparable in many ways, but somehow more proper in my eyes.
    Or if you really need a turbocharged Golf... buy a Seat Leon.
    Visca Catalunya!

My philosophy is in a way becoming avoid all modern VW cars except Lamborghini (/Porsche if they count as VAG). I don't even like the Golf and I think the badge engineering at SEAT and Skoda and Audi is pretty silly.

My philosophy is in a way becoming avoid all modern VW cars except Lamborghini (/Porsche if they count as VAG). I don't even like the Golf and I think the badge engineering at SEAT and Skoda and Audi is pretty silly.
    the Leon proved to be very fast though, eve a little too much track oriented in the Cupra versions, so it has a peculiarity, but I still agree with you.tbh, I would avoid everything except the Murcielago and GT3RS

Indeed, indeed. Altough some Seats are pretty terrific value for money, if a little dull.
    Visca Catalunya!

the Leon proved to be very fast though, eve a little too much track oriented in the Cupra versions, so it has a peculiarity, but I still agree with you.tbh, I would avoid everything except the Murcielago and GT3RS
    What's wrong with the Gallardo, standard 911, and Cayman?

What's wrong with the Gallardo, standard 911, and Cayman?
    Well the Gallardo is an expensive R8, but the others are fine for me.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Well the Gallardo is an expensive R8, but the others are fine for me.
    Yeah Leon, for that matter, what's the problem with the R8? I had somehow forgotten it.

Ferrer isn't it the other way around though and the R8 is a "bargain" Gallardo?

I thought that there actually was a lot different - is it the same chassis?

I have to disagree. I've really liked every Audi I've been in over the last few years. While not as exciting as a BMW to drive, I think they're beautifully built and have excellent paint work; I think the A8/S8 is by far the best in it's class. I've had good experiences with VWs as well. I've never driven a Seat or a Skoda so I can't say. I'm not a fan of the Bentley Conti, I love the current Lambos and the Veyron.

In terms of this car I like it except for the rear wing.
    "The Metric System is the tool of the Devil! My car gets 40 Rods to the Hogshead and that's the ways I likes it!" -Grandpa Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by NicFromLA View Post
    I have to disagree. I've really liked every Audi I've been in over the last few years. While not as exciting as a BMW to drive, I think they're beautifully built and have excellent paint work; I think the A8/S8 is by far the best in it's class. I've had good experiences with VWs as well. I've never driven a Seat or a Skoda so I can't say. I'm not a fan of the Bentley Conti, I love the current Lambos and the Veyron.

In terms of this car I like it except for the rear wing.
    I have driven only one VW car so your view is more illuminating, but no less, I think that pretty much all the German Big Luxury 3 have are "beautifully built and have excellent paint work." Ferrer has taught me of the dead steering feel of udis- maybe indicative of luxury cars but I'd wager Bimmers are better to drive (it seems you agree) and if you want mad luxury you go to Benz - Audi I see as somewhat in the middle and not really as good as either of the other two.

As for the A8 leading the class in your view, I think that's surprising to hear as the engine seems maybe a bit small/lacking in torque in comparison to the fire breathers AMG and BMW have to offer but I could be wrong I also just think of the other two offerings as better for some reason. I'd have pegged the S-Class 1, 7 Series 2, and the A8 bringing up the rear, although this is speculation.

What was it about the A8/S8 that you valued so highly and why would you put it as class leader?

I am not sure you have to drive SEATs or Skodas as they are just badge engineered VWs with different interiors and potentially other things (I am not too knowledgeable on these two).

Thread Information