Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NHL Playoffs

NHL Playoffs

well well, the NHL playoffs are underway. so this thread is for any hockey fans to post their opinions.
    first on the chopping block is a small questionare:
    who do you think(or hope) will win
    1)the flames-canucks series
    2)flyers-devils
    3)sharks-blues
    4)canadiens-bruins
    5)islanders-lightening
    6)predators-redwings
    7)Avalanche-stars
    8)senators-leafs
    9)who do you think will win the cup?
    Wenn Sie wissen wollen, was einen volkswagen ein volkswagen macht, treibt es.

Quote Originally Posted by Batmobile_Turbo
    well well, the NHL playoffs are underway. so this thread is for any hockey fans to post their opinions.
    first on the chopping block is a small questionare:
    who do you think(or hope) will win
    1)the flames-canucks series
    2)flyers-devils
    3)sharks-blues
    4)canadiens-bruins
    5)islanders-lightening
    6)predators-redwings
    7)Avalanche-stars
    8)senators-leafs
    9)who do you think will win the cup?
    1) Canucks. Go Vancouver.

Other than that, I'm not really following the playoffs

Well, I also can agree wit u with those Canucks, but I also say go Leafs. But hey, I'm from T.O. what ya expect?
    "We first fought the heathens in the name of religion, then Communism, and now in the name of drugs and terrorism. Our excuses for global domination always change." - Serj Tanikan

"Dusting is a good example of the futility of trying to put things right. As soon as you dust, the fact of your next dusting has already been established." - George Carlin

These teams have such stupid names! The leafs? The canucks? At least the super 12 down under has respectable names!

Quote Originally Posted by Spastik_Roach
    These teams have such stupid names! The leafs? The canucks? At least the super 12 down under has respectable names!
    Whoa, whoa, whoa, you did not just cut up hockey names. Do you even know what a Canuck is? And even though I'm not a Leaf fan, they are original 6 and deserve credit. Plus what do you think is on our flag: the maple leaf, that makes them even more Canadian. I'd love to see the Fames or Sens win the cup, or anyother Canadian team, but I'd imagine it'll be the Avs or Wings, they are stacked.

might i ask what the "super 12" are? and what kind of names are they? the Maple Leafs, the Ottawa Senators, what could make more sense then those?

anyway, here are the teams that i hope will make it
    1)Flames all the way baby Yeahhhh!!!! woooooooo Calgary!!!
    2)Devils
    3)i like the sharks this year
    4)Canadiens, i'd sort of like to see them win the cup, or see the Flames beat them for it
    5)Islanders are one of my favorites, because my dad like them.
    6)Predators, the wings are ok, but the preds are the underdog
    7)like the Avs, really don't like the stars, but i hope the Avs don't win the cup again...
    8)oooo, the big un, the battle for Ontario, so, i hope the Sens sweep the Leafs sooooo bad because i HATE HATE the leafs, no offence to fans of the leafs
    9) and who will win the cup? Flammmmmes wooooo, well probably not but they will beat the Canuks for sure i really think that the Lightning will be a good contendor, Lightning are good this year.

P.S. origional six
    Boston Bruins
    Toronto Maple Leafs
    Montréal Canadiens
    Detriot Redwings
    NY Rangers
    Chicago Blackhawks

I love how the NHL has been bi-national (US and Canada) from the very beginning, and now Major League Baseball and the NBA have teams from both countries, too.

It would be cool if it could happen with the NFL, but the Canadians had to go and make their own version of that game, so that seems unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by cls12vg30
    I love how the NHL has been bi-national (US and Canada) from the very beginning, and now Major League Baseball and the NBA have teams from both countries, too.

It would be cool if it could happen with the NFL, but the Canadians had to go and make their own version of that game, so that seems unlikely.
    yeah, canadian football is a lot different, they have a wider field and also 3 downs instead of 4. usually canadians have better kickers. i wish thet would just make a canadian and american league though, and maybe make new rules. however, some of the best players in the NFL are canadian like Jeff Garcia (San Francisco QB) who played for the Calgary Sampeders.

Jeez i'm sorry! You didn't need to take a rep point off me! I was only expressing my opinion!

Let's go wings!!

Jeez i'm sorry! You didn't need to take a rep point off me! I was only expressing my opinion!
    i didn't take one off of you, maybe someone did but not me.

I know it wasnt you, it was Mechanicfix whateva his name is.

Wings all the way, and they're looking very comfortable right now up 2 games to nothing on the Predators. Which is suprising seeing how Detroit had trouble with them in the regular season. But anyways I'm a Wings fan until the day I die, and I know they'll win Lord Stanley's Cup.
    VIVA FERRARI!!!!!!

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy!" ~ Benjamin Franklin

If everything's under control, you're going too slow ~ Mario Andretti

"We can't stop here! This is bat country!" ~ [U]Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas: A Savage Journey into the Heart of the American Dream[/U]

I know it wasnt you, it was Mechanicfix whateva his name is.
    yes but what are the "super 12"? and what supposedly better names do thaey have?

The Super 12 is a Rugby League with 12 teams from South Africa, Australia and New Zealand. They have names like the Highlanders, Sharks, Waratahs, Crusaders, Chiefs, Bulls, etc. They all sound like very cool names

Thread Information