Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Seat Ibiza (Mk IV) 2008-

Seat Ibiza (Mk IV) 2008-

SEAT’S STUNNING NEW IBIZA BREAKS COVER

Today, 2nd April, the covers come off the most important new model in Spanish car maker SEAT’s recent history with the unveiling of the all-new Ibiza five-door supermini.

The newcomer’s dramatic debut, at the firm’s Martorell HQ near Barcelona, marks the start of a major product offensive from the ambitious Spanish brand which will, over the coming months, also see the debut of further Ibiza variants, as well as striking new saloon and estate contenders in the upper medium segment.

All-new from the wheels up, and designed to reinforce SEAT’s position as a leader in the supermini sector, the bigger, better new Ibiza five-door has a range of ‘big car’ features to match its sharp styling.

The work of renowned ex-Lamborghini stylist Luc Donckerwolke, the new car offers a variety of class-leading options such as the availability of a new seven-speed DSG automatic/sequential manual gearbox, Hill Hold Assist, front fog lights with side illumination (cornering) function and combined AUX-IN/USB connectivity for all manner of music devices.

Longer than the current model – the new Ibiza breasts the tape at 4.05 m, versus the existing car’s 3.97 m – it’s markedly more capacious, too, with improved rear seat legroom and a significantly larger and more practical boot space which, at 292 litres with rear seats in place, is comfortably the largest in the supermini class.

Sitting on a new version of the renowned Ibiza ‘Agile Chassis’, with wider front and rear tracks (30 mm and 33 mm respectively) the new car looks and feels even more ‘planted’, and delivers both a composed ride and class-leading, sporty handling.

Debuting with a range of potent, proven powerplants, the Ibiza five-door promises both strong performance and outstanding economy. Beneath the bonnet, this front-wheel drive motor will initially offer three petrol engine options: either a characterful 1.2-litre three cylinder 70 PS; flexible 1.4-litre 85 PS four cylinder or sporty 1.6-litre four cylinder 102 PS.

All three come mated as standard to a sweet-shifting five-speed manual gearbox, and all have undergone engineering modifications to ensure emissions fall comfortably below 160 g/km.

SEAT’s success in offering sporty yet frugal diesel cars naturally means a raft of sophisticated direct-injection TDI Ibiza five-doors will debut in due course, too.

Safety and security have both been key considerations in the development of the new car, with the likes of new head and thorax-focused front side airbags, and the extensive availability of ESP and TCS.

Welcoming the unveiling of the new car, Head of SEAT UK Peter Wyhinny said: ‘The debut of the spectacular new Ibiza is the clearest sign yet that SEAT is serious about putting enviable quality and state-of-the-art technology alongside sporting ‘auto emoción’ as the cornerstones of the Brand.

‘With the debut of this distinctive and clearly design-led five-door we are embarking on a major development of the SEAT range, with plenty more to come in the months ahead!’

(ends)

source: newspress.co.uk
    Attached Images Attached Images

even if i wasn't expecting nothing extraordinary, i am quite disappointed.

the lateral view remember me something about hyunday i30, the rear has a little touch of fiat bravo, while the headlights seem to come froma lexus is. i don't even like the interior, except maybe for the steering wheel. am i the only to see a "bravo" touch even here?!
    i am expecting some of you guys telling me it is based on a bravo at this point...
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Seat Ibiza #2

It's not the best looking car in the world and it has its faults but I quite like it. I do agree the interior looks a lot like the latest Fiat products, especially reminding me of the Delta.

P.S. In the media site they are available in higher res, Revo.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    they are huge, but with a slow resolution, a pics 5200x3000 and more should be bigger than 2,2 mb...i have some pics of the 8C with 4000x3000 or similar, but their dimensions are something like 20 mb...

in the 7th pic from the press site it remembers me of the old fiat palio !!!
    i guess i have some problems...

Yes, I know that. But there is a thing called "max filesize" here...

I like this one more than any of the previous ones with its agressive front and distinctive shape. I added some info too along with some images including the predecessors:

New SEAT IBIZA Breaks Cover « MotorCar News

http://motorcarnews.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by MCarN View Post
    I like this one more than any of the previous ones with its agressive front and distinctive shape.
    i do prefer the first ibiza, more personal and aggressive, for a seat ibiza of course...
    i still remember the engine badged by porsche (just for the injection system...)...

I think it looks quite good overall but im not too sure about a couple of things. The two distinct lines on the side dont blend and from the side it looks a bit like the mazda 2 to me, (look at the shape of the windows). The interior may look like its been copied but it still looks modern and practical.

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    i do prefer the first ibiza, more personal and aggressive, for a seat ibiza of course...
    i still remember the engine badged by porsche (just for the injection system...)...
    Ah yes, I still remember a family friend had a Malaga 1.5i, which was the top of the range first gen booted Ibiza.

What a great car...
    Visca Catalunya!

Ah yes, I still remember a family friend had a Malaga 1.5i, which was the top of the range first gen booted Ibiza.

What a great car...
    my bro owned one of those ibiza...the ony good things about it were it was relatively lightweight, the rims were quite good looking for that time, and the sound from an almost destroyed exhaust pipe....

Seat Ibiza Mk IV #3
    Visca Catalunya!

Seat Ibiza Mk IV #4
    Visca Catalunya!

Seat Ibiza Sportcoupé

Martorell, 03-06-2008

NEW SEAT IBIZA SPORTCOUPE

Sporty with the personality of a coupé

New, sportier coupé body
    New seven-speed DSG gearbox, a first in this segment
    Addition of the 80 hp 1.4 and 90 hp 1.9 TDI engines

Without a doubt, the arrival of the new SEAT Ibiza SportCoupe raises the bar of sportiness on its newest model, combining impressive, vanguard exterior design with exceptional dynamic qualities and a wide range of engine choices, which now includes the efficient 80 hp 1.4 and 90 hp 1.9 Diesel versions. Besides, with a seven-speed DSG gearbox making its debut in this segment, the Ibiza range features a novelty that provides it with greater response and excellent driving comfort.

The deep-rooted SEAT sports concept is maximised in the Ibiza SportCoupe thanks to its compact coupé body, with a length of 4.034 metres and mere 1.428 metre height to match its temperament, lending the car agility and comfort both in the city and on the motorway. Likewise, the new VW Group platform designed for this segment also favours the dynamic qualities of the new SEAT Ibiza SC.

Design, quality and precision quality are three of the elements that distinguish the brand’s new model highlighting the new “Arrow Design” concept characterised by a lower positioning of the headlights and radiator grille for a sportier look.

Painstaking interior and exterior detailing on the new Ibiza SC include the dashboard, the instrument panel, ventilation nozzles and central console, which houses the audio equipment and Bluetooth connection which can be accessed via controls located on the steering column.

DSG gearbox for the first time in this segment

The new SEAT Ibiza SportCoupe is equipped with the new seven-speed DSG gearbox on its 105 hp 1.6 version for the first time in this segment, placing the brand’s new car in an enviable position compared to its rivals. The new Ibiza’s inherent sportiness combines with the comfort and reliability of one of the most efficient automatic transmissions on the market.

With shorter first and second gears and a smaller gear ratio, this new, twin-clutch automatic transmission provides the Ibiza with greater acceleration. Besides, this system produces remarkable fuel consumption, since the seventh gear is ideal for long motoring trips.

Agile, seductive and extroverted, the new Ibiza SportCoupe will be manufactured exclusively at SEAT’s Martorell factory near Barcelona and will be available in three trim levels – Reference, Stylance and Sport, with an outstanding standard equipment list from the entry-level model. In the near future, the model’s ecological ECOMOTIVE, FR and Cupra versions will also make their appearance.
    Visca Catalunya!

Its not a bloody coupe!

Honestly these days...sedans are coupes...hatchbacks are coupes..4wd's are coupes....its bullshit!

Thread Information