Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cadillac STS 2005-2011

Cadillac STS 2005-2011

The STS (Seville Touring Sedan) was a mid-sized luxury four-door sedan manufactured and sold by Cadillac from 2005–2012. It was equipped with a six-speed automatic transmission with performance algorithm shifting and driver shift control.

Origins

The STS was the successor to the Cadillac Seville. That car used the STS name, standing for Seville Touring Sedan on upscale performance-oriented versions beginning in 1988. In 1992, Cadillac split the Seville line into STS and less performance-oriented SLS (for Seville Luxury Sedan) trim lines. The next year, the STS received Cadillac's then-new Northstar System, including the aluminium DOHC L37 Northstar V8 engine. Throughout its existence, the STS was Cadillac's highest-priced sedan. Worldwide, the STS was Cadillac's flagship model. In the United States and Canada, the STS in its day was positioned between the smaller mid-size CTS and larger full-size DTS, but was priced above the latter.

After the the final STS was assembled on May 4, 2011, it was replaced by the Cadillac XTS wich is based on the front-wheel drive Epsilon II based Super Epsilon Platform.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Duell; 01-06-2014 at 01:24 PM.
    I'm going to eat breakfast. And then I'm going to change the world.

Cadillac STS #2

Press release from 2005
    2005 CADILLAC STS: SOPHISTICATED PERFORMANCE AND LUXURY

All-new Sigma-based Car is Highly Crafted Entry into Global Luxury Performance Sedan Market
    Cadillac Signature Design Vocabulary
    Rear-Wheel- or All-Wheel-Drive Performance
    Northstar 4.6-liter V-8 VVT or 3.6-liter V-6 VVT
    Dynamic Integrated Chassis Control Systems for Balanced Ride & Handling
    The 2005 Cadillac STS is the luxury nameplate’s all-new luxury performance sedan. It has been designed, engineered and executed to deliver precision craftsmanship, outstanding performance, and sophisticated luxury in a distinctly American package.

Based on General Motors’ new rear-wheel-drive Sigma architecture, which also is the foundation for Cadillac’s entry-luxury CTS sedan, CTS V-series high-performance sedan, and SRX luxury performance utility – the STS is designed to compete head-on with world-renowned prestige sedans in markets around the globe.

“Our long-term goal for Cadillac is to become the Standard of the World once again,” said Mark LaNeve, general manager for Cadillac. “In order to succeed globally, we have to build vehicles that have outstanding performance, exceptional quality and reliability, and meet the demands of the most discerning car buyers. “The STS represents the latest step in that direction.”

From its Cadillac-signature bold exterior styling to its outstanding power and road capabilities, the STS is the product of unwavering attention to detail. More than 1,000 criteria points have been strictly adhered to throughout development of the vehicle. The result is outstanding fit and finish, overall harmony, refined performance and purposeful innovation.

“We feel very comfortable calling this a finely crafted car, but we also realize that’s the price of entry into this category,” said Jim Taylor, GM vehicle line executive, prestige vehicles. “The STS has simply been engineered to more than hold its own when matched against some of the best prestige luxury sedans in the world.”

While its overall shape brings a faster profile and more rake than its CTS sibling, it’s done so in the context of elegance and grace. Overall, the STS is 196-inches long, 72.6 inches wide and 57.6-inches high, making it the largest sedan offering in the Sigma-based family.

The exterior fit and finish on the STS is taking Cadillac to the next level of refinement and exemplifies the attention to detail seen throughout the vehicle. Body and exterior dimensions are precisely executed. Radii on major body components, such as the hood and decklid, are tight and contribute to its crisp exterior appearance. Doors-into-roof construction and a superplastic-formed aluminum decklid ensure a clean and refined exterior.

All interior gaps also achieve exceptionally close tolerances, enabling a tight, well-crafted appearance throughout. Eucalyptus wood and/or in-mold processed, dent and mar resistant aluminum trim is found on the steering wheel, center console, instrument panel, and door armrests.

Premium materials and fabrics are used throughout the interior. Dual-firmness Tuscany all-leather seats, available as heated and ventilated, are specially tanned for a softer feel. Spray-skinned urethane/natural grained surfaces on the door and instrument panel ensure an inviting, tactile touch, as do the headliner and interior pillars, which are soft backed and covered with a Monaco woven fabric.

In terms of performance, the STS will be available with a 255-horsepower 3.6L
    V-6 in a rear-drive configuration, or the 320-horsepower Northstar 4.6L V-8 in both rear- and all-wheel-drive configurations. Both engines incorporate variable valve timing (VVT) and are mated to widely acclaimed 5-speed automatic transmissions with Driver Shift Control.

While the STS is true to Cadillac’s performance-oriented roots, a host of chassis refinements ensure that it hits the “sweet-spot” of ride and handling, resulting in a ride that keeps drivers fresh and comfortable without sacrificing the driving experience.

Road impacts and other harsh inputs are effectively absorbed and dissipated through ride-tuned tires, dampers, suspension components and bushings, as well as improved structure in body to chassis interfaces and additional refinements in the engine mounts.

Integrated chassis control technologies include a two-mode Magnetic Ride Control offering performance or touring selections, four-channel StabiliTrak, and an available high-precision ZF steering gear.

Technological appointments on the STS are plentiful, purposeful, and driver oriented. Such applications include an Easy Key system; Smart Remote Start system (not available in Europe or Russia); Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC); Intellibeam; re-configurable, four-color Head-Up Display (HUD); heated and ventilated seats; and heated steering wheel.

Of particular note is an available up-level infotainment system, which includes one of the industry’s first OEM-installed surround sound audio systems. The cabin is immersed with 15 speakers from Bose Corporation. The 5.1 Bose system also has an integrated six-disc CD/DVD changer and is capable of playing a broad array of formats including DVD-A, CD, and MP3. It includes an eight-inch VGA quality touch screen and advanced navigation. In addition, the system has Bluetooth capability, advanced voice recognition, and OnStar.

Like its Sigma-based siblings, the all-new STS will be built at GM’s state-of-the-art Lansing Grand River assembly center in Lansing, Mich., beginning in the summer of 2004.

The STS is expected to arrive in Cadillac showrooms in the fourth quarter of 2004. Beginning in 2005, the STS will be available in Europe, Japan, Russia, Middle East, South Korea, Taiwan and Israel.
    Last edited by Duell; 01-06-2014 at 01:17 PM.

Cadillac STS #3

Despite the fact it looks like a giant vectra i actually quite like it

Cadillac STS #4

Cadillac STS #5

Cadillac STS #6

looks a bit like the cadillac cien
    There is 3 people on a boat with loads of children running around it, the 3 people are: 1. Bob geldof, 2. Ozzy Osbourne, and 3. Micheal jackson, they're sailing out for the G8 live aid, they've hit a rock and they're sinking, bob says: "save the children!" ozzy says: "Fuc the children!"

Micheal says "have we got time?"

No press release with this one ?

Quote Originally Posted by EvilPaladin
    No press release with this one ?
    Not yet. I'll post one when I see it.

Press Release (well kind of)

I like the CTS-V better
    Last edited by byronleehk; 04-05-2004 at 03:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by byronleehk
    Press Release (well kind of)

I like the CTS-V better
    There's a CTS-V thread in here if you do some digging.

CTS/Deville

it looks like a 50-50 cross between a CTS & Deville. it has the CTS's styled grill, bumper & lights & the rear long thin lights & flat trunk of the Deville. They should have tried not to make all their cars too similar but cars with different designs but similar styling. the interior is really nice.

I just added the press release to the beginning of this thread.

Cadillac STS-V

2006 CADILLAC STS-V: SUPERCHARGED ELEGANCE

New 440-horsepower Supercharged Northstar V-8 Engine

New Hydra-Matic Six-Speed Automatic Transmission

Chassis Tuned for the Track or Autobahn

Exterior Design Combines Elegance, Performance, Functionality

Leather-Wrapped, Performance-Refined Interior

DETROIT – The 2006 Cadillac STS-V is General Motors’ most intense expression of Cadillac power and performance yet, and the luxury nameplate’s latest offering in its growing family of high-performance V-Series vehicles.

The STS-V carries all the craftsmanship and sophistication of its STS sibling, but does so at an entirely different level. Designed for everyday driving, the STS-V has been developed to deliver supercharged, rear-drive performance with an elegant design statement that is unmistakably Cadillac.

At the heart of the STS-V is a new, 4.4-liter version of the Northstar engine outfitted with a positive displacement intercooled supercharger. The dual overhead cam (DOHC) V-8 engine delivers the highest horsepower rating of any production Cadillac engine to date.

Called the Northstar V-8 SC (supercharged), the engine produces 440 horsepower (328 kW) at 6400 rpm and 430 lb.-ft. (583 Nm) of torque at 3600 rpm (power and torque figures estimated) – and the engine’s power is underscored by its ability to deliver 90 percent of its peak torque between 2200 and 6000 rpm. Vehicle redline is 6700 rpm.

The Northstar V-8 SC generates 120 horsepower (90kW) and 115 lb.-ft. (156 Nm) of torque more than its naturally aspirated counterpart, while its specific output of 100-horsepower-per-liter makes it one of the world’s highest specific output production V-8 engines.

However, the Northstar V-8 SC used in the STS-V is more than just power and torque. The DOHC engine includes variable valve timing that enables outstanding top-end performance while maintaining the expected refinement and quality associated with a luxury marque.

The aggressive torque curve enabled by the choice of a supercharged engine gives the STS-V acceleration capable of placing it firmly in the under-5-second-club for 0-to-60 time. The refined shift feel is enabled by careful electronic calibration of both the engine and transmission. During shifts, power is instantaneously lowered, then ramped back up carefully to make gear changes virtually unnoticeable.

The Northstar V-8 SC is mated to the all-new Hydra-Matic 6L80 six-speed automatic transmission – the first use of GM’s new six-speed automatic. The 6L80 – the only transmission offered on the STS-V – is one of the most technologically advanced automatic transmissions in the industry, using clutch-to-clutch operation and an advanced integrated 32-bit transmission controller to deliver smooth and precise shifts.

The 6L80 also incorporates a host of advanced driving enhancement features, including advanced Performance Algorithm Shifting (PAS) and Driver Shift Control (DSC). PAS lets the electronic transmission controller override the automatic gear selection during closed throttle high lateral acceleration maneuvers, rapidly downshifting with the release of the torque converter clutch for smooth powering up when the throttle is reopened. Driver Shift Control allows the driver to sequentially shift gears manually via the gearshift lever.

The STS-V has been tuned for performance on virtually every road condition and environment including GM’s all-new Milford Road Course facility and the Nordschleiffe (North Course) at Nürburgring.

As a result of this extensive development, the vehicle has track-capable acceleration, braking and cornering abilities. This is due, in part, to increased tire sizes (P255/45R18 front, P275/40R19 rear); increased brake rotor diameters, larger pad areas, and larger calipers; increased stiffness stabilizer bars and suspension springs; a faster steering ratio; and chassis tuning aimed at delivering high performance without punishing the driver.

Exterior elements on the STS-V enable higher-performance capabilities; yet express the sophisticated elegance associated with the STS name. Exterior refinements include:

A larger, polished stainless steel wire mesh front grille that enables the required additional airflow for engine heat dissipation. The wire mesh grille not only signifies the sedan as a V-series, but is also a heritage cue – wire mesh grilles were applied on the Cadillac V-16, the standard bearer of luxury and performance in the 1930s;
    A new, lower front fascia that incorporates a larger lower grille (also wire mesh) for increased cooling capability; brake ducts for front caliper and rotor cooling; and splitter to counteract lift created by larger grille openings;
    A new lower rear fascia that facilitates smooth airflow under the vehicle for improved cooling;
    Lower rockers that visually bridge the lowered front and rear fascias;
    A specific, fluidly sculpted hood designed to provide space for the engine’s supercharger;
    Ten-spoke, flangeless, painted aluminum alloy wheels that assist in brake cooling. Front wheels are 18 x 8.5 inches; rear wheels are 19 x 9.5 inches;
    A higher, more rearward-positioned rear spoiler that enables balanced aerodynamic downforce with the front splitter; and
    V- series badging prominently displayed on the vehicle’s rear decklid and front doors along with “Supercharged” block lettering on the doors.
    The interior of the STS-V reflects craftsmanship with the addition of more leather-wrapped surfaces to promote a high-quality, tactile feel and distinctive, crafted appearance. Interior refinements include:

Hand-wrapped leather surfaces throughout;
    Olive Ash Burl wood appointments;
    Kinetic-finished aluminum accents;
    Sueded fabric seat inserts;
    V -series badging in the instrument cluster, on the instrument panel, and on door sill plates; and
    A new Tango Red color accent offering that is applied on seat inserts (front and rear), console, center armrest, lower instrument panel and door mid-sections (front and rear).
    With three million subscribers, OnStar is the nation's leading provider of in-vehicle safety, security and information services using the Global Positioning System (GPS) satellite network and wireless technologies. The 2006 STS-V will offer OnStar’s Gen 6.1 system. With Gen 6.1, GM OnStar subscribers can interact with OnStar's voice recognition system in Spanish, French or English. With the push of a button an OnStar advisor can change the system to allow the subscriber to interact with the system in their preferred language. Other core OnStar services are stolen vehicle location assistance, remote door unlock, roadside assistance, emergency services and automatic crash notification.

GM is the only automotive manufacturer committed to offering a full range of vehicles with safety protection before, during and after a collision. All OnStar-equipped vehicles come with Automatic Crash Notification. If air bags deploy, the system sends a signal to a highly trained OnStar Emergency Advisor, who contacts the vehicle to see if help is needed, and can contact an emergency responder to send for help. In many cases the occupants are severely injured and cannot speak for themselves. OnStar’s GPS unit allows Advisors to tell emergency responders the vehicle’s location. OnStar responds to at least one air bag deployment in the US or Canada every hour.

Additionally, the 2006 STS-V will offer the GM-exclusive Advanced Automatic Crash Notification system. The AACN system detects collisions, even rollovers, regardless of whether air bags deploy. AACN also transmits other crash data, such as the direction of impact force, the number of and which air bags deployed and the maximum change of impact velocity, so that emergency responders are more prepared with this critical information before they arrive at the accident scene.

The STS-V was engineered and executed by GM’s Performance Division, an in-house center designed to explore potential enthusiast-oriented versions of production models. No engineering, design or assembly functions were outsourced – the vehicle is truly an original equipment offering.

Like its STS sibling, the STS-V will be built at GM’s state-of-the-art Lansing Grand River (LRG) assembly center beginning in 2005. In 2004, the LGR facility received JD Power’s highest award for plant quality in North America .

The STS-V is expected to arrive in Cadillac showrooms in the fourth quarter of 2005.

Thread Information