Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What would you consider the ultimate gangster car?

What would you consider the ultimate gangster car?

If I were a heinously rich mafioso, I'm sure I'd pick the Volga V12 Coupe... the ultimate in KGB style, and loads of power on tap

The Question: If you were supposed to represent the very elite of an underground criminal network, what would be your transportation of choice?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Egg Nog; 06-02-2004 at 08:56 PM.

Just 4 more pictures... this shouldn't detract from my question

nice choice, but i would go with one of two cars (depending on time period). The best vintage gangster car is a 1934 Ford Roadster. The Best new one is a 1996 Mercedes S 500
    To Some, a rusted out 1989 GMC Suburban* is trash

But to Me, its home

BMW X5, closely followed by the Cayenne. I like the Volga, you can buy them here as classics, well maintained good looking but lousy to drive.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

i think i'd take this......nice big boot
    I am the Stig

Just get it resprayed in Black, and you'd be feared by everyone.

I just remembered a movie I once saw, Black Lexus LS430 being used by some mob. Thats my contribution.

I did a quick chop to show you what I mean, but since the stock wheels look crappy I found some wheels in my little folder of wheels to put one instead. Also lowered it. Now isn't that the Shizzle Dizzle?

I also attached a pic of a Land Cruiser sorted pimped out.. Or riced maybe..

I know colour change on Lexus is shitty but this is a 3 min chop...

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    BMW X5, closely followed by the Cayenne. I like the Volga, you can buy them here as classics, well maintained good looking but lousy to drive.
    Well, probably not this Volga... it's a one-off by a Russian company, and it's based on a BMW 850CSi platform. I think it's got something like 360hp... 0-60 in under 6 seconds, and a top speed of around 250km/h It's all yours if you can spare around $800,000 Euros

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Nog
    Well, probably not this Volga... it's a one-off by a Russian company, and it's based on a BMW 850CSi platform. I think it's got something like 360hp... 0-60 in under 6 seconds, and a top speed of around 250km/h It's all yours if you can spare around $800,000 Euros
    I knew it... That chrome was just too shiny...

Over here it'd definitely be an Escalde on huge (24"-26") chrome rim spinners or something. With black paint.

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Nog
    Yes I know that car too, I was referring to the classic four door version. I don't think the coupe body itself was ever available from the factory.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Here lies the Inheirant problem.

To be Ganster in most Modern People's eyes means dropping the er, adding an a and speaking really quickly to a random beat, complaing about Bitches and Hoes. Thats where the Escalade/Landcruiser comes in for me. Rapper Gansta/Pimp.

Then you've got your S-Class/LS430 type of Ganster. Yakuza types who like understated fear-inducing, the kind of fear that if you see a window roll down on one of these cars you duck behind a big bit of concrete.

Then you've got your old-style ganster, to which the term was originally coined. Ones like the Volga and old 34 Ford Coupe's fall into this catagory, along with any other older car done up, before 1970's, and classy, not Pimp Classy.

In the end a car is something we all like because it says so much about our personality, we can customise it, as many do, into becoming a car which is an expression of our taste, style, wealth and stature. If we follow these rules with Ganster Cars, stuff like the Escalade wins hands down, simply because of it's size, and the effect it has on passers by, namely pushing so much wind and pumping out so many fumes people take notice.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Stop looking at me! Look at me! Stop looking at me!
    The new mercury Marauder makes me think of gangstERs.

you do know the popes a gangster..dont you

Aston Martin Lagonda In all black, no chrome or gold bits. Darkened windows too.

Cheers,
    -Ads

"We used to come down, doing about 180mph. We take off over the bridge and change down to 4th gear in the air. Go through the righthander with the car drifting, and let it swing out through the lefthander and then slide out to the wall, where we simply stopped it with a flick of the wrists"
    -Vic Elford, on Maison Blanche in a Porsche 917

UCP's Most Hardcore Armchair BTCC Fan & Anthony Reid Supporter

Thread Information