Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Revised forums

Revised forums

Let us know what you think of the changes and/or the problems you run into.

DAMN, this is looking good. kinda cozy in the blue scheme.
    aka: Rob Clements, Ultimatecarpage North American Correspondent
    "big durango", formerly known as the "MEDIA MASTER", (title now belonging to Matt)

Those colours are the best,for the car forums
    and i think attach more files is a great thing,

oooohhhh

Wow this is really nice! Good job guys, everything is so neat and tastefull now. Very cool, one thing though....can you explain the reputation points thing to me?
    Most wanted cars:

Ford GT, Aston Martin DB9, Nissan Skyline R-34 V-Spec II, 2004 SVT Cobra Mustang, VW Golf R32, TVR Cerbera 4.5, Ford Focus RS, Aston Martin Vanquish S

Still waiting.....Shelby Cobra, Shelby GR1, 2006 Ford Lightning, Next generation SVT Mustang Cobra 2006? Mazda Speed RX8

good to have the possibility to post more than one picture at the time. The other new issues I might be able to find out over time, or may be not.

the text is too light for the light blue in these two pics, but other than that the forums are twice as good as before.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Wenn Sie wissen wollen, was einen volkswagen ein volkswagen macht, treibt es.

Looks great !

I think the new forum layout looks great, same goes for the new features.

Nice job Wouter.

whats the go with the little boxes next to how many posts you have: most people have grey but a few have green

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho
    whats the go with the little boxes next to how many posts you have: most people have grey but a few have green
    It appears to be the "reputation" rating, grey appears to be neutral or not rated and green seems to be a good rating.

Quote Originally Posted by Batmobile_Turbo
    the text is too light for the light blue in these two pics, but other than that the forums are twice as good as before.
    On my system these two sets of texts are black and not white. You might want to clear your cache and try again. Let me know if the problem persists.

To be blatantly honest with you, I'm really beginning to miss the old forums. On these ones, there's way too much room being taken up by little icons and the user bar along the righthand side. It just seems soooo much more difficult to keep track of. If you ask me, simplicity is key.

I'm sorry to say this, but I liked the old forums a whole lot better.

Quote Originally Posted by NoOne
    It appears to be the "reputation" rating, grey appears to be neutral or not rated and green seems to be a good rating.
    i had a feeling it was that, not many people have gotten positive reputations yet then

do you think its possible to get red?
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Nog
    To be blatantly honest with you, I'm really beginning to miss the old forums. On these ones, there's way too much room being taken up by little icons and the user bar along the righthand side. It just seems soooo much more difficult to keep track of. If you ask me, simplicity is key.

Tend to disagree. I don't know which user bar you are referring to, the one that appears during the writing of the posts? There is none on my screen when reading anything. A second very good point I just discovered is that the notification emails of new posts now contain the actually message send, so you can save yourself a lot of time not having to open posts like: "Wow", or "LOL".
    So try to keep up with it, and maybe you'll get used to it. I think you are too young to already become a conservative.

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Nog

i agree but i think this forum needed to be changed to comply with the website change but yea simplicity is the key i think wouter didnt need to take this change to a whole new level...next time wouter you might want to take a few suggestions before doing changes and not just giving a 30 minute warning

The whole forums came as a software package, so we have to take the good with the bad. After working with it for a while I have gotten to really like the many new features. Especially the attachment feature is awesome. All old uploads now also have thumbnails.
    I think most of it is getting familiar with the new layout and options and then you'll like it as much as I do.

Thread Information