Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Weineck Cobra 780CUI Limited Edition

Weineck Cobra 780CUI Limited Edition

The world’s most powerful, strongest & best accelerating road-legal car.

Max. power: 809kW / 1.100hp at 7.000 rpm.
    Max. torque: 1.760Nm at 5.600 rpm.
    0-200 km/h 4,9 s.
    0-300 km/h 10 s.
    Weight to power ratio: 0,9Kg / hp

Bad Gandersheim, Germany, is a small village in the middle of nowhere which people normally visit to go for a cure. The only sound you normally hear in this area is the bell of the church reminding you to attend the mass on Sundays. At the same time, Bad Gandersheim is the home of Weineck Engineering, manufacturer of the world‘s most powerful, strong¬est and best accelerating road-legal car. It is the place of pilgrimage for the disciples of the combustion engine in search of salvation. Once arrived at the place of worship, tension will rise, resulting in high blood pres¬sure and sweating. That’s quite a usual reaction seeing that, even after having driven all cars called supercars, one knows that what is going to happen will be a new chapter in the never-ending search of the greatest of all times. After ringing the bell, the doors to the holy shrine open, allowing a sneak peak of the silhouette of THE ULTIMATE.

Devoutly approaching THE ULTIMATE, the unmatchable finishing quality of this unique, hand built masterpiece becomes apparent. Highly visible: The gigantic air-scoop of the engine bonnet. Air scoops can be seen anywhere to show off, but here it is really a technical necessity since this air scoop and the engine bonnet cover a world-unique masterpiece of technical genius with a cylinder capacity of 780 cui (or 12.9L), the heart of THE ULTIMATE. It’s a very exclusive, rare opportunity to be able to witness the awakening of something you never dreamt of even in your wildest dreams…
    The first turn of the key activates the gigan¬tic high-pressure fuel pump. To tromp and release the accelerator pedal means: more than half a litre of finest nutrition (fuel) have arrived inside the ultra high-performance carburettor system to feed the devil.
    The next turn activates the gigantic starter motor to spin the crankshaft resulting in a big bang and immediate, stable idle at around 1,000rpm. From now on, there’s only one talking: the devil (or your best friend!) himself!

The awakening alone is something you’ll never forget in your lifetime. From now on, any form of human conversation is impossible! For anxious, non-addicted human beings it will already mark the end of their journey where ours now begins. Being aware of the absence of any driving aids of the digital era like ASR, ESP, ABS etc., the first gear is now engaged. Slowly releasing the clutch, THE ULTIMATE starts moving very smoothly.

Dr. Jekyll. All high mech used in this unique piece of machinery works perfectly from the first metres driven. You can really drive THE ULTIMATE for a relaxed warm-up of all fluids and tyres, just like any usual supercar. The change of gears at low rpm is smooth and the devil under the bonnet is still friendly, but, of course, always trying to spin (and keep spinning!) the wheels. After 15-20 km the temperature of the tyres and fluids are at normal operating level. Even up to 4,000 rpm, the Weineck Cobra 780 cui Limited Edition accelerates faster than any other supercar when fully driven. The accelerator pedal always has to be op¬erated very gently and with respect.
    You always need r-e-s-p-e-c-t to stay friends with this machine!!!

Mr. Hyde. Words cannot describe what will happen if you want to experience the full potential of this ULTIMATE driving machine. There is just no comparison with anything ever built to be used on the road!!! The engine gains rpm like a pure race car engine. That’s normally already impressive, but bearing in mind that what propels you has nearly 3 litres (the total capacity of e.g. a BMW 330i!) – more capacity than the biggest and strongest of all powerboat engines ever built…
    What happens above 5,000rpm (the engine delivers its world record torque of 1,760 Nm at 5,600rpm) is too much for human vocabulary. It’s more like Sol 5 on Starship Enterprise! You feel like being in a time machine with corners approaching so fast that you just won’t believe it. From now on, your brain and body have to work at maximum speed. Otherwise it is better not to enter this world…
    Now you know what the Donohue style of driving really is…
    The rev. limiter is set to cut in at 8,000 rpm (the engine reaches its maximum power of, 1,100 hp at 7,000 rpm), and the gears have to be changed at 7,000 on the gauge, otherwise you already hit the limiter (the engine revs faster than the classic Smith instru¬ment can follow!). The insane, highly-addictive (words like e.g. sound, noise, music cannot describe what is meant here created by this devil greedily soaking up all air and fuel in its surroundings and afterwards coughing out the waste of it through the side pipes under the doors at insane velocity) mechanical orchestra plays works never heard before…
    A car mainly lives from its engine! After experiencing this one, yes, it’s true!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by shockwaveracing; 01-04-2006 at 10:15 AM.

The blower is a little much.
    I'm going to eat breakfast. And then I'm going to change the world.

From 0-300 km/h in just 10 seconds!!!
    That is, of course, not only possible by using the strongest, naturally aspirated engine ever built for a road car. We also know: Power is nothing without control! That’s why the Weineck Cobra 780 cui Limited Edition is being built using a MIG welded, self-supporting tubular frame (diameter = 4”) to absorb very high torsion forces created by the engine. Additionally, its body is deep drawn from carbon composite materials for maximum rigidity. Single wheel suspension including a continuously variable coil spring system (all suspension parts are made of highest quality aluminium and titanium!) in conjunction with a specially engineered high-performance brake system (based on Brembo components) with internally ventilated, punched brake discs (front and rear axle) controlled by an arm of balance system guarantees an individual set-up suiting individual driver’s preferences resulting in high-precision driving (and braking) quality for highest active safety.

On the front axle, the Weineck Cobra 780 cui Limited Edition is equipped with spe¬cial Weineck 3-piece 18” wheels and inter¬mediate tyres of the dimension 255/40 ZR18. On the rear axle, tyres of the size 315/35 ZR18 are fitted. The 4-speed extra high-performance gear¬box, driveshafts and rear axle (equipped with a 75% limited slip differential) are designed for more than 2,000Nm of torque! The interior of the Weineck Cobra 780 cui Limited Edition will be designed individually to meet any customer’s wishes. Normally, finest British leather is being used for the upholstery of the seats. All colours, piping’s and sewing’s can be in¬dividually chosen. The rest of the passenger compartment is finished by using velours carpets. For the dashboard, classic Smith instruments are being used. In case of rain, the car is equipped with a soft top to protect both the driver and the interior. If requested, a fixed hardtop is also available.

Each unit of the Weineck Cobra 780 cui Limited Edition is a unique masterpiece of German Engineering.
    All products used to build a Weineck Cobra 780 cui Limited Edition are engineered and produced by Weineck in Bad Gandersheim, Germany.
    With a weight-to-power ratio of 0.9Kg/hp,
    12.9 litres of engine capacity, 1,100hp and 1,760Nm of torque we can only say:
    If the modern times bore you to death and all the money in the world won’t help: Don’t worry, don’t kill yourself, here is the cure for any such diseases!!!
    One thing, for sure, isn’t true: I can’t get no satisfaction… That was before the birth of the Weineck Cobra 780CUI Limited Edition!!!
    Only 15 lucky individuals worldwide will be able to share this once-in-a-lifetime experience with us.
    Don’t miss it and join the club!
    Last edited by shockwaveracing; 01-04-2006 at 10:13 AM.

The accelerator pedal always has to be op¬erated very gently and with respect.
    You always need r-e-s-p-e-c-t to stay friends with this machine!!!
    Is that a really respectful way of saying the car handles like cr@p?

I know the Cobra was a formidable car; big-block madness in a tiny roadster. But by what we know today about chassis stiffness and handling dynamics isn't this car just a relic from when the industry didn't know any better. The equivalent today could be a Miata stuffed with the twin-turbo Maybach 57S mill.
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

Quote Originally Posted by Matt
    The blower is a little much.
    too much is never enough my friend...

Chassis
    The basis of this world-unique road-rocket is always the wide-hip body of the Cobra 427 SC in its original shape and dimensions which allows integration with modern vehicle components with¬out disturbing the authentic look of the car. Its body is structured as follows:
    MIG welded, self supporting tubular frame (diameter = 4”) to absorb very high torsion forces
    all main parts of the chassis are built from aluminium and titanium
    aluminium safety fuel tank integrated in tubular frame structure
    body completely made from carbon composite materials (deep-drawn)
    integrated reinforcements at high-wear points such as doors, hoods
    highest quality paint coating individually coloured to the customer’s wishes
    single wheel suspension
    front and rear axle kept in place by Teflon and Unibal joints
    power steering
    safety roll-over bars

Brakes / suspension
    -coil spring system
    -continuously variable suspension (height and hardness individually adjustable)
    -all suspension parts are made of aluminium and titanium
    -specially engineered high-performance brake system (based on Brembo components) with internally ventilated, punched brake discs (front and rear axle) including special high-performance brake pads and Stahlflex brake hoses
    -braking force (braking deceleration) controlled by an arm of balance system the engineering and setup of both suspension and brakes guarantees high precision driving (and braking) quality for highest active safety

Wheels/tyres
    Front axle
    3-piece 18” Weineck wheels with tyres 255/40 ZR 18 (Intermediate)
    Rear axle
    3-piece 18” Weineck wheels with tyres 315/35 ZR 18 (Intermediate)

Engine
    The world’s most powerful car is powered by a naturally aspirated V8 engine with the highest power output and torque of all road-legal cars.
    The world-unique precision with which this masterpiece is manufactured guarantees its unmatchable performance and at the same time maximum reliability.
    All parts used for the engine are machined with highest precision to Formula 1 standards.
    As follows the setup of the engine
    Engine displacement: 780 cui (12.9 L)
    Compression ratio: 11.5: 1
    Cylinders: V / 8
    Including:
    -especially machined distortion free high-precision cylinder block
    -individually machined high-precision crankshaft each crankshaft is fine-balanced using master weights (counter weights simulating the weights of the pistons and connecting rods which are installed later). A more exact balancing of the crankshaft is not possible!!!

-lowest crankshaft bearing tolerance Crankshaft pins are smoothed to an accuracy of 5 thousandths of a millimetre-which allows for extremely high revolu¬tion rates!!!
    -super high-performance Weineck pistons
    -endless piston rings (to prevent the combustion energy from bypassing the piston)
    -super high-performance Weineck connecting rods
    -individually machined high-performance cylinder heads All cylinder heads are prepared with a 16-knife milling head to ensure the same surface quality throughout the milling process
    -individually machined high-performance valve seats. All valve seats are milled with an accuracy of up to the hundredth part of a millimetre and all three valve seat angles are milled in a single opera¬tion
    -individually engineered and machined high-performance lightweight titanium valves - individually handmade, super high-performance exhaust manifolds (headers)
    -super high-performance exhaust system
    -super high-performance engine oil cooling system
    -super high-performance gearbox oil cooling system
    -
    -super high-performance rear differential oil cooling system
    -super high-performance ignition system (fully digital) with rev. limiter
    Last edited by shockwaveracing; 01-04-2006 at 10:10 AM.

Germany -> West Germany -> NRW -> Düsseldorf
    If this would be an original AC Cobra you would be right, but the chassis of this beast is specially created for this beast.
    WRC - That's motorsport!

"If you can see the tree you are about to hit, it is called 'understeering'. If you can only hear and feel it, it was 'oversteering'."
    Walter Röhrl

Quote Originally Posted by PerfAdv
    Is that a really respectful way of saying the car handles like cr@p?

I know the Cobra was a formidable car; big-block madness in a tiny roadster. But by what we know today about chassis stiffness and handling dynamics isn't this car just a relic from when the industry didn't know any better. The equivalent today could be a Miata stuffed with the twin-turbo Maybach 57S mill.
    doesn't the little boy inside of you just cry out that you want one... there is no rationale behind this car, it is mad, bad and absolutely extreme and I WANT ONE... this is what a real supercar should make a grown man feel like... like a little boy again...
    Last edited by shockwaveracing; 01-04-2006 at 10:08 AM.

Max. power: 809 kW / 1,100 hp at
    7,000 rpm.
    Max. torque: 1,760 Nm at 5,600 rpm.

Fuel quality: Super plus unleaded 98 RON

Its rear axle is equipped with a 75% lim¬ited slip differential.
    Gear ratios
    1. gear 2.741
    2. gear 1.778
    3. gear 1.15
    4. gear 0.863

Rear axle ratio: 2.70: 1
    Interior
    The interior of THE ULTIMATE will be designed individually to meet any customer’s wishes.
    Only finest leather is being used for the upholstery of the seats. All colours, piping’s and sewing’s can be individually chosen.
    The rest of the passenger compartment is finished by using Velours carpets
    For the dashboard, classic Smith instruments are being used.
    In case of rain the car is equipped with a soft top to protect both the driver and the interior.
    If requested, a fixed hardtop is also available.
    The Weineck Cobra 780 cui Limited Edition is a unique masterpiece of Ger¬man Engineering.
    All products used to build a Weineck Cobra 780 cui Limited Edition are engineered and produced by Weineck in Germany.
    Each car is being delivered with all papers needed to issue a German letter of ownership (Kraftfahrzeugbrief ) under new EU law and a certificate of authenticity stating the serial number of this rare collector’s car.
    Last edited by shockwaveracing; 01-04-2006 at 10:10 AM.

Wicked!!! But the blower is indeed too much.

and now that i am out of info i will just post the rest of the pics...

i could live with it, don't like the little kid across the road, WOOOOMMMPPH one press of the accelerator and the little mongrel will get sucked straight into that bloody great air scoop... problem solved
    Last edited by shockwaveracing; 01-04-2006 at 08:35 PM.

Oh My God I Want This Sooooooooooooooooo Much!
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

last three... all of the monster engine...

Chassis
    The basis of this world-unique road-rocket is always the wide-hip body of the Cobra 427 SC in its original shape and dimensions which allows integration with modern vehicle components with¬out disturbing the authentic look of the car. Its body is structured as follows:....
    I didn't realize this is a serious and modernized purpose-built car. I thought it was an original with even more more power it couldn't handle.

WOW, I like it now!!
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

I've been reading the text for three times... and... i'm speechless.
    OMFG! 12.9 liters, 1760 Nm of torque and 1100 hp.

I don't know, I'm just so excited now with all these beautiful beasts coming up.
    Audi RS4/S6/S8, Lambo Murcie (Facelift), Aston Rapide, 997 Turbo.

Thread Information