Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lexmark Indy 300 Surfers Paradise.

Lexmark Indy 300 Surfers Paradise.

Our own Will Power qualified on provisional pole and is ensured front row for the Lexmark Indy 300. Whereas Rick Kelly qualified 1st as well with Garth Tander on the front row as well.
    Signature removed, no spam allowed.

Lowndes did well for a damp track,todd kelly's car is a jet though ,rick may need a wheel alignment
    p.s how hot is Brighty's missus

results courtesy of www.natsoft.com.au

GILLETTE V8 SUPERCAR CHALLENGE - 2006 V8Supercar Series Rd10
    SURFERS PARADISE STREET CIRCUIT

V8 SUPERCARS - Shootout

Qualifying Q5 1 Laps
    Scheduled Start 12:25
    PRELIMINARY RESULT
    Track OVERCAST
    Page 1 Issue 1 SSP18A
    Start Sat Oct 21 12:25
    Elapsed Time 43:36

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____________________________
    Pos Car Entrant Driver Vehicle Cap CL Laps Fastest...Lap Gap

1 22 Holden Racing Team Todd Kelly Holden Commodore VZ 5000 1 1 1:51.5522*
    2 16 Toll HSV Dealer Team Garth Tander Holden Commodore VZ 5000 1 1 1:52.0716 0:00.5194
    3 5 Ford Performance Racing Mark Winterbottom Ford Falcon BA 5000 1 1 1:52.4183 0:00.8661
    4 888 Team Betta Electrical Craig Lowndes Ford Falcon BA 5000 1 1 1:53.5047 0:01.9525
    5 88 Team Betta Electrical Jamie Whincup Ford Falcon BA 5000 1 1 1:54.1459 0:02.5937
    6 3 Tasman Motorsport Jason Richards Holden Commodore VZ 5000 1 1 1:55.0553 0:03.5031
    7 4 Jeld-Wen Motorsport James Courtney Ford Falcon BA 5000 1 1 1:55.1134 0:03.5612
    8 6 Ford Performance Racing Jason Bright Ford Falcon BA 5000 1 1 1:55.2650 0:03.7128
    9 1 Caltex Racing Russell Ingall Ford Falcon BA 5000 1 1 2:03.3545 0:11.8023
    10 15 Toll HSV Dealer Team Rick Kelly Holden Commodore VZ 5000

Fastest Lap Av.Speed Is 145kph
    Current Practice Record Is 1:49.1004 Set On 20/10/2006 By Rick Kelly In A Holden Commodore VZ
    R=under lap record by greatest margin, r=under lap record, *=fastest lap time
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____________________________
    Issue# 1 - Printed Sat Oct 21 13:13:33 2006 Timing System By NATSOFT (03)63342353 www.natsoft.com.au/results & Dorian DATA-1
    Timing by V8 Supercars & QLD Team ,Bob Wilkinson Chief
    Last edited by charged; 10-20-2006 at 08:40 PM.
    SA IPRA cars 15, 25, 51 & 77
    Sharperto Racing IP Corollas
    http://www.sharperto.com.au/

Who is going to win both kind of races on the GC?

Can you please tell me who is going to win the V8 Supercars and Indy 300 please, I want to have answers by tommorow at least. Jason Richards is going to win the V8 Supercars round and either Will Power or Sebastian Bordeaux will win the Indy.

Lownsey won both races in the Supertaxis, the he beat up paul tracey(he needs a good beating) and won the champ event. All in all a great wekend for Lowndsey.

Jason Richards got deported back to NZ, because he got it all wrong in the top ten.

Seriously though I cant TELL you yet, as the races havent been run.
    My predictions are Todd Kelly for the tin tops and some Brazilian for the Champcars. Hopefully Will power and Ryan Briscoe will have good, incident free racing

Sarah Buller won the Miss Indy thats all that really counts

Quote Originally Posted by charged
    Lownsey won both races in the Supertaxis, the he beat up paul tracey(he needs a good beating) and won the champ event. All in all a great wekend for Lowndsey.

Jason Richards got deported back to NZ, because he got it all wrong in the top ten.

Seriously though I cant TELL you yet, as the races havent been run.
    My predictions are Todd Kelly for the tin tops and some Brazilian for the Champcars. Hopefully Will power and Ryan Briscoe will have good, incident free racing

Sarah Buller won the Miss Indy thats all that really counts
    (Really, you don't have to worry about HSVLVR doing da results, because if he's busy I do stuff like this for him) (I'm a mate of his)
    But anyway, In Race 1: Oh well, it seemed both of us were wrong. It was:
    Todd Kelly: HRT Commodore VZ 1st
    Garth Tander: HSV DT Commodore VZ 2nd
    Mark Winterbottom: FPR Falcon GT 3rd
    Jason Richards: Tasman Motorsport Commodore VZ 4th
    Craig Lowndes: Betta Electrical Falcon BA 5th
    Few incidents, first Max Wilson spun out and caused a safety car, Whincup hitting the wall and ending his race and then Lowndesy hit my great mate Richards
    Last edited by #3 Tasman Bloke; 10-21-2006 at 12:59 AM.

Winterbottom's looking good for tomorrow. Hopefully it stays dry so everyone can go out on full dry setup. A few guys were saying they had to go for a semi wet setup for R1 because of the threat of rain. I'd like to see Lowndes win it though. Not only for the championship, but if Ford win this round then they'll have the Manufacturers championship won.

Its harder to predict the CC event. From what ive heard, theres been a few wheels knocked off already and the race is still a while off. I'd love to see Will Power get on the podium, if his qualifying pace is a true indication of his race pace then it should be possible. We could be seeing yet another new driver win the event, continuing the trend of nobody having won twice in the events history.
    I am the Stig

Tasman Bloke wrote

(Really, you don't have to worry about HSVLVR doing da results, because if he's busy I do stuff like this for him) (I'm a mate of his)
    Im the results guy, so back off , you can do it then

FPV wrote

Winterbottom's looking good for tomorrow. Hopefully it stays dry so everyone can go out on full dry setup. A few guys were saying they had to go for a semi wet setup for R1 because of the threat of rain. I'd like to see Lowndes win it though. Not only for the championship, but if Ford win this round then they'll have the Manufacturers championship won.
    Winterbottom had the quickest lap, but Toddels certainly looked quick

Its harder to predict the CC event. From what ive heard, theres been a few wheels knocked off already and the race is still a while off. I'd love to see Will Power get on the podium
    Hopefully will will get a bolter, but who knows, theres always so much biff and barge.

Anyway go Will(Max)Power

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho

Its harder to predict the CC event. From what ive heard, theres been a few wheels knocked off already and the race is still a while off. I'd love to see Will Power get on the podium, if his qualifying pace is a true indication of his race pace then it should be possible. We could be seeing yet another new driver win the event, continuing the trend of nobody having won twice in the events history.
    Yes I know. I met him and I said "You are gonna be a damn good driver." He is. Winterbottom is good in the sunny conditions, as some form recently shows:
    3rd Pukekohe, was sunny for some time.
    3rd Barbagallo: was sunny
    1st Sandown: Was sunny for about 3/4 of the race
    And also his teammate at Bathurst was showing good pace before retiring. As for the champ cars, Power will get on the podium (maybe top spot), or if he dosen't, that A.J guy, Bordeiux or Tracy will win. Also, if he gets everything to go with him, Briscoe will win, because he's better at driving an A1 car, which is just like a F1.
    Forecast just received from The Weather Channel: It's going to be raining and it's gonna be frickin freezing. 22 degrees with SE winds. Min: 17 degrees. So that means that it won't be dry, but WETTER.

Briscoe's a fair way back though. Theres alot of guys further up the grid that have a better chance anyway. Also, A1 are a fair way off F1. F1 has a whole host more driver aids just as a start, as well as a completely different balance between aero and mechanical grip.
    I am the Stig

I'm watching this now, the Forsythe team managed to create some massive problems in the first set of pits.

Lead car came out into Will Power after the stop, shunted in the pit lane when he definately shouldn't have.

Second car took off before the fuelling rig was detatched, set off a huge fire with at least 2 crew members being affected, and took the end of the hose with him for a lap.

Doh Powers in trouble They should blow french race drivers up

V8's are over now, i think 888 will be having a few notso-quiet words to a few people behind the scenes. The footage didnt show it but Lowndes was adament he readressed cutting the chicane with Ingall, for which the drivers are allowed 1 warning. Not only that, whilst Todd Kelly literally gave his brother the race win, thinking of the championship, Lowndes had Bright holding him up for a good portion of the race, perhaps to give Winterbottom a gap.
    I am the Stig

Race 2 and 3 winners

Race 2 today was won by Garth Tander, in the HSV DT Commodore. Race 3 was more controversial this weekend. Rick Kelly won from his older brother Todd, Mark Winterbottom (Frosty) came 3rd, and Jason Bright and Russell Ingall came 4th and 5th respectively, but when Craig Lowndes gave Brighty a touch up, he lost ground and a position to Russell. However he took a shortcut after Ingall gave him a little push, however even after Campbell Little told him LET INGALL PASS Ingall gave Lowndesy the smallest push, thus blasting the 888 Falcon across the corner. After that Lowndes got a black flag and came 14th just behind one of the WPS cars. Tander was 2nd in the 3rd race when he hit the wall.
    Championship Standings (Top 3) after Surfers Paradise
    1. Craig Lowndes Falcon BA 2601 points
    2. Rick Kelly Commodore VZ 2571 points
    3. Mark Winterbottom Falcon BA 2248 points
    So there you go. I'd say the favourite will be Rick Kelly to win the championship. Why? Because Symmons Plains is good with the HSV DT (Tander winning last year), Bahrain (Tander winning there as well, will get good support from Kelly) and Phillip Island

Symonds Plains is going to be from my point of view, just like last year. HRT having problems with their brakes and Tander winning the round.
    Join V8SuperChat NOW!
    http://vee-eight.super-forum.net

Thats unlikely to be repeated now that HRT and HSVDT may as well be the same team now. Since neither teams had problems here, its doubtful they'd also have them in Tasmania.
    I am the Stig

Thread Information