Thread: Rally @ X-Games 2008

Rally @ X-Games 2008

ok,ok, I know this type of rally race isnt even close the excitment of WRC and I wish I got to see more WRC events cause they are awesome. Any way, I was just wondering who you think will win the event this year??? I mean you have to give Travis Pastrana credit, hes a Hell of a driver, for the few years he's been rallying, but my pick to Win(and also the guy I picked to beat Travis last year) is Tanner Foust. First off, he's an awesome driver anyway, and I like drifting and thats where I first saw him drive, and rally looks like it comes pretty easy for Tanner Foust....so hopefully he wins....

who do you guys want to win???
    Oo____oO GT-R

Quote Originally Posted by CamNismo View Post
    ok,ok, I know this type of rally race isnt even close the excitment of WRC and I wish I got to see more WRC events cause they are awesome. Any way, I was just wondering who you think will win the event this year??? I mean you have to give Travis Pastrana credit, hes a Hell of a driver, for the few years he's been rallying, but my pick to Win(and also the guy I picked to beat Travis last year) is Tanner Foust. First off, he's an awesome driver anyway, and I like drifting and thats where I first saw him drive, and rally looks like it comes pretty easy for Tanner Foust....so hopefully he wins....

who do you guys want to win???
    I don't tend to watch the X-Games rally competition, but from my knowledge Pastrana has done quite well. I guess it's the only substitute we have here since WRC and SCCA Rally events are hardly if ever shown on the television here.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

I'll most likely watch but I find pastrana to be annoying. Like he is trying to be over excited. I don't know if that's just how he is or if that's his way of trying to make the fans excited but it's annoying.
    But oddly enough from the couple of episode of Super cars Exposed that I've seen, I think tanner foust is boring. Go figure.
    So hopefully they won't talk too much and leave it to driving.
    You can call me scott.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella View Post
    I don't tend to watch the X-Games rally competition, but from my knowledge Pastrana has done quite well. I guess it's the only substitute we have here since WRC and SCCA Rally events are hardly if ever shown on the television here.
    Yea, I only watch the Xgames for rally cause thats all we got in the US...Im the same as you, why cant we get WRC events on TV..come on...we could take out some of the pointless reality shows, and put in WRC that ppl will actually watch...

Quote Originally Posted by scottie300z View Post
    I'll most likely watch but I find pastrana to be annoying. Like he is trying to be over excited. I don't know if that's just how he is or if that's his way of trying to make the fans excited but it's annoying.
    But oddly enough from the couple of episode of Super cars Exposed that I've seen, I think tanner foust is boring. Go figure.
    So hopefully they won't talk too much and leave it to driving.
    yea he is over excited sometimes, but I still like Tanner Foust, and yes, hopefully their driving will do the talking...
    Oo____oO GT-R

I was watching today a repetition when mcrae was driving the gold no fear impreza and he flipped it! that was amazing he won the silver and lost by a second that was impressive
    In this country, you gotta make the money first. Then when you get the money, you get the power. Then when you get the power, then you get the women. -Tony Montana

I heard that there is going to be some Irish guy racing who is pretty good.
    UCP FTW!!!!!!!!!!!

they need to have special guest driver Tommi Mäkinen to come show them something

CHECK out this vid of him...

YouTube - Touge Showdown Special with Tommi Makinen - Part 1/2
    Oo____oO GT-R

Or Marcus Gronholm...

Yes to both of the above
    You can call me scott.

Travis won! I was kind of disappointed when Niall McShea crashed if he didn't crash he would have won I bet.
    UCP FTW!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rallyswift75 View Post
    Travis won! I was kind of disappointed when Niall McShea crashed if he didn't crash he would have won I bet.
    Yeah, I still wanted Tanner Foust to win but ohh well...I agree with you though, Niall McShea was flawless and looked the best on that Qualifier and he had one mistake that cost him the day...and he was destroying that other guy he was racing...Did you notice that these rally cars break down allot easier than WRC cars??? haha, maybe because WRC is the real rally sport, and most of these drivers are either new to rally or there Xgames motocross riders and even a BMX riders...Why cant they just go out in California and map of a Real Rally course??? I mean thats what rally is, at the Xgames the Co-driver doesnt do anything, pretty stupid if you ask me...Also, how come here in the USA we dont get coverage of Rally America, cause I guess Travis Pasrtana is leading the points...Is it like on the Speed Channel or something cause Ive only seen coverage on ESPN 2 once last year...Also, since Im ranting on and on about this, is it just me, or does Travis look scared to death while he's driving??? I mean he doesnt look calm at all and I've seen lots of drivers just drive with no emotion...Anyway, I hope if the Xgames continues to do Rally, they actually have a real rally course next year, and maybe a few actual "Real Rally Drivers" instead of these Dirt Bike and BMX riders thinking they can rally.....that is all Im asking, either that, or can the USA please get more coverage of WRC...that would fix the problem
    Oo____oO GT-R

Quote Originally Posted by CamNismo View Post
    Yeah, I still wanted Tanner Foust to win but ohh well...I agree with you though, Niall McShea was flawless and looked the best on that Qualifier and he had one mistake that cost him the day...and he was destroying that other guy he was racing...Did you notice that these rally cars break down allot easier than WRC cars??? haha, maybe because WRC is the real rally sport, and most of these drivers are either new to rally or there Xgames motocross riders and even a BMX riders...Why cant they just go out in California and map of a Real Rally course??? I mean thats what rally is, at the Xgames the Co-driver doesnt do anything, pretty stupid if you ask me...Also, how come here in the USA we dont get coverage of Rally America, cause I guess Travis Pasrtana is leading the points...Is it like on the Speed Channel or something cause Ive only seen coverage on ESPN 2 once last year...Also, since Im ranting on and on about this, is it just me, or does Travis look scared to death while he's driving??? I mean he doesnt look calm at all and I've seen lots of drivers just drive with no emotion...Anyway, I hope if the Xgames continues to do Rally, they actually have a real rally course next year, and maybe a few actual "Real Rally Drivers" instead of these Dirt Bike and BMX riders thinking they can rally.....that is all Im asking, either that, or can the USA please get more coverage of WRC...that would fix the problem
    Er...if I'm correct, these are essentially PWRC cars and were never meant for motocross jumps, and since the event must take place in the LA area, it would probably cost a shitload of money to ship everyone to the outskirts and back. Besides, Travis Pastrana (and Ken Block to a lesser extent) spends most of his time driving rally cars in the Rally America series, so I'd say he is a rally driver.

Lack of emotion? I'd say the only person who is guilty of that is Kimi Raikonen.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Usually when I've seen in car shots of rally driver's their faces do odd things since they aren't paying attention to it. Solberg's mouth usually opens wider and wider the more he is pushing. So if his mouth is getting big you know he is about to crash..
    You can call me scott.

Thread Information