Thread: Martin to Peugeot

Martin to Peugeot

MARKKO MARTIN JOINS MARCUS GRÖNHOLM AT PEUGEOT

To: Wouter Melissen

Organisation: Ultimatecarpage.com

Team Peugeot Total is delighted to announce that it has come to an agreement which will allow Marcus Grönholm and Timo Rautiainen to be partnered in 2005 by Markko Märtin and his co-driver Michael Park.

After a 2004 season that failed to enable the team to achieve its objectives, Peugeot Sport intends to bounce back in 2005 with a competitive and now reliable 307, a new tyre partner, Pirelli, and two of the world's best drivers of the moment.

Marcus Grönholm, 36, a keystone of Peugeot Sport's line-up for the past six years is to continue with the team that has enabled him to win a total of sixteen rallies and two Drivers' world crowns, in 2000 and 2002.

Markko Märtin, 29, finished third in the 2004 Drivers' World Championship and boasts a total of five WRC wins. "Despite this agreement being limited to just one year, I am very happy to be joining Peugeot Sport and I am looking forward to having Marcus as team-mate. We get on well together and I have a great deal of respect for him. I believe he is still the fastest driver in the championship," he says. "My main objective will be to work closely with both Marcus and the team to enhance the competitiveness of the Peugeot 307 WRC and to play my part in securing the Manufacturers' and Drivers' titles."

The two drivers are friends and have mutual respect and admiration for each other. "Markko is a first class recruit," confides Marcus Grönholm. "He has shown that he is very strong on all types of surface, and that is very important for Peugeot's bid to secure the Manufacturers' championship in 2005. I am certain his arrival in the team will ensure a serene, cordial atmosphere."

Vélizy, December 1st 2004.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

arrr this is just what i didnt want to happen i mean look at peugeots porm this year, and they are going to be stopping at the end of next year so that means that he is gonna have to find another drive, hopefully back to ford but then he wont of had the oppertunity to test the new focus next year

There was word of him trying to get back to fordfor next year so im surprised that he has gone to pug i dont think that he is going to do well there, they havent been competative all year. If he had f cone anywhere i would of liked to see him go to Citroen instead of Duval

Ah well best of luck to him and i hope he sorts that damn pug out and see you back at ford in 2006
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

Germany -> West Germany -> NRW -> Düsseldorf
    I were at Essen Motorshow last weekend (and maybe will there at sunday again) and talked to a worker of M-Sport (the Ford-Rallysport Division in GB).

He shouldn't but did tell me something about the drivers of next year:

Marrko Märtin and Malcolm Wilson had have anger since mid of last season and so Markko wasn't very unpleased when Ford was to slow to say that they will drive next four years. The contract with Peugeot was done around 1 1/2 months ago, but then Peugeot/Citroen said they will go out of Rallyesport and so he had to make a new contract which is the one of the mail above.

Ford will drive with:

Toni Gardemeister (1st Driver)
    Dani Solá
    Anthony Warmbold (no constructor points)
    a fourth driver who isn't known yet.

Will be interesting
    WRC - That's motorsport!

"If you can see the tree you are about to hit, it is called 'understeering'. If you can only hear and feel it, it was 'oversteering'."
    Walter Röhrl

Where did Duval go?
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen
    Where did Duval go?
    To Citroen

yes but ford will have lots of options for some really good drivers in 2006 due to the fact that pugeot and citroen will be leaving and that means lots of drivers and less teams. although when pugeot and citroen leave hyundi will come in mid 2006.

IF Renault get F1 success they MAY be tempted to return to rallying
    French sponsors will look for a French team to support !!!!
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Germany -> West Germany -> NRW -> Düsseldorf
    Hyundai is out of money and won't come back!

In 2006 Suzuki will come in with there next Liana (which have another name in US, don't know it yet..) and there are some rumors around the Renault/Nissan group... maybe they will come with the Renault Megane or the next european Nissan Almera...

Ford is doing tests in Sweden at the moment with there two new drivers Toni Gardemeister and Roman Kresta. Both have contracts for one year (2005), so Ford have every chance for 2006 for getting good drivers.
    WRC - That's motorsport!

"If you can see the tree you are about to hit, it is called 'understeering'. If you can only hear and feel it, it was 'oversteering'."
    Walter Röhrl

but i read that hyundi has just got a new research and development facility in germany.

Thread Information