View Poll Results: What car would you be most likely to rent for a week?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Aston-Martin Vanquish

6 17.14%
  • Aston-Martin DB9

10 28.57%
  • Aston-Martin Upcoming V8 Vantage

5 14.29%
  • Ferrari 360 (F1) Spider

6 17.14%
  • Ferrari 575M Maranello

6 17.14%
  • Ferrari 612 Scaglietti

7 20.00%
  • Lamborghini Murciélago (Coupe or Barchetta)

9 25.71%
  • Lamborghini Gallardo

5 14.29%
  • Ford GT

8 22.86%
  • Mercedes-Benz SL55 Roadster

8 22.86%
  • Porsche Carrera GT

14 40.00%
  • Spyker C8

6 17.14%
  • Bentley Continental GT

6 17.14%
  • Noble anything

6 17.14%
  • TVR anything

7 20.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Poll: What car would you be most likely to rent for a week?

Poll: What car would you be most likely to rent for a week?

For all those who didn't see this the first time, Check it out. For all those who did (and thanks to all 24 people who did vote), I'm just posting this up to get more numbers to help my dad and I make some better guesses.

Hey all. My dad and I were looking in the November edition of Automobile Magazine when I came across an ad for the Hollywood Car Club. My dad loved the idea and has been thinking about starting his own similar thing. He and I both know a lot about exotic cars, but we're not sure which cars would be used the most or not(for example- i love the SL65, but if we had a Murciélago, the SL might not get much usage). So, before my dad spends $130,000 on buying that SL65 if other people are meant to be driving it but don't, more of those instances could lead to a failed company.

So, for the past month or so, my dad has been looking at cars all over the net, on the phone with our attorney, meeting with the bank, etc. all about this car idea. We've got it mostly figured out but we just need to know which cars are the choice of the people. So just vote on the cars I have polled, or if there are some semi-affordable great ones that I'm missing then just let it be known in a regular reply.

Of course we would incorporate some classics (63 vette, 67 shelby gt500 mustand, 67 cobra 427, maybe a 62 stingray, a gto, and heck maybe even a 37 ford 3-window coupe) but if and when the company gets rolling then those cars will be added

My dad has confirmations from 15 friends so far that love the idea and could make a down payment of 25K. so my dad would use that money to start off with maybe 3-5 cars and buying a small wherehouse/garage. he might also sell one or two of his dominos pizza stores to generate more money if needbe

This isnt a (used car) dealer or anything, its like an exotic car timeshare almost. you pay a fee up front, then pick out what weeks out of the year you want a specific car, then we would reserve that car for that time and you get to use that car for up to a week. great for people who would die to buy one but dont have the money to buy it, so they can rent it when they want for a much cheaper price. also great if your having an important meeting with a rich client or something like that. so not really a dealership.

Thanks. Also check out www.hollywoodcarclub.com for a more generalized idea of how the company would work.
    IF ANYBODY KNOWS ANY INFO REGARDING FERRARI ENZO SERIAL NUMBERS/ (COLORS IN) LOCATIONS/ ANYTHING AT ALL THAT IS RELATED TO THIS....PM ME WHAT YOU KNOW. THANKS

"The Ferrari is the girl you bring home to your parents. The Lamborghini is the wild slut you sleep with on the weekend." -Road & Track

brazilians are hot

This is starting to feel like one of those "help us do a survey" deals that turn in to "sign here to buy one" POS

I'm expecting the next post to be an offer for membership with price and cars and spamming for business here on UCP. ( If it does I'll handout a lifetime ban )
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Californian by nature, living in Teggsas.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    This is starting to feel like one of those "help us do a survey" deals that turn in to "sign here to buy one" POS

I'm expecting the next post to be an offer for membership with price and cars and spamming for business here on UCP. ( If it does I'll handout a lifetime ban )
    Easy there buddy.

Anyway, as I said previously, I would find a place first that has classic cars since I heartily dislike new cars.

But of those, I would probably take the more Grand-touring oriented ones of those - the 612, Astons, Mercedes, etc.
    An it harm none, do as ye will

Approximately 79% of statistics are made up.

no not at all and theres no need for that. this is all 100% serious business
    IF ANYBODY KNOWS ANY INFO REGARDING FERRARI ENZO SERIAL NUMBERS/ (COLORS IN) LOCATIONS/ ANYTHING AT ALL THAT IS RELATED TO THIS....PM ME WHAT YOU KNOW. THANKS

"The Ferrari is the girl you bring home to your parents. The Lamborghini is the wild slut you sleep with on the weekend." -Road & Track

brazilians are hot

seems a little sketchy, but i like the idea of the poll.... makes you think of things like baggage space, and overall livability, which the average poll on here completely neglects.

Where are the classics?

Anyway, any of the Astons, any TVR or Noble and the Spyker C8.

Spyker C8. Very unique, I bet a lot of people here in Florida doesn't even know that car exists. Would be a lot of fun to drive around with it
    2600Lbs, 525HP!!

In winter BTW.... No A/C + Summer in Florida = Get me another car

Continental GT. I love it, it's practical, performs like a dream, and is confortable.
    TOYNBEE IDEA IN KUBRICK 2001 RESURRECT DEAD ON PLANET JUPITER

Quote Originally Posted by Esperante
    Continental GT. I love it, it's practical, performs like a dream, and is confortable.
    I concur. I don't find it pretty, but few can combine comfort and performance like Bentley. How about an Azure Convertible? Handsome beast of a car...

yeah JCP- i was debating whether to put an Azure convertible or the Continental GT, but I was down at Bentley San Diego about 2 weeks ago and my dad and I were asking about sales and car popularity and the guy said that the Continental GTs have been selling like crazy, that dealer alone has sold 31 Continental GTs in 2004 thus far, so I picked that to put on the poll. I myself do in fact prefer the Azure Convertible too.

Also for all yall who like the classics- what are some of you favorites? what do you have in mind? I was thinking some of these: 63 vette, 67 shelby gt500 mustang, 67 cobra 427 kit car, 62 stingray, 70 'cuda, 70 charger maybe, a nice caddy eldorado or chevy belair, and heck maybe even a 37 ford 3-window coupe. feel free to add you own ideas and whatnot.

brazilians are hot

I voted for the 360 F1 but I would much rather have the manual. Since the 360 is discontinued, maybe you should have included the F430 instead.

If your thinking about starting a "rent an exotic" biz, look into not only what the insurance companies will charge you but what companies will insure you at all since in their oppinion most who rent these cars will want to "gun" them when ever they have a chance.
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

For classics, lets say a Lincoln Continental MK.II, any '53-'60 Cadillac Eldorado, and any big-block muscle car. I'm not a fan of Shelbys, Yenkos, etc. but I can see where they'd definitely be a hit with those renting the cars, so maybe toss a Shelby of some kind in there and a Yenko Nova or Camaro if you can find one. Or even better, a good clone of them. And maybe a '30's Packard or Pierce-Arrow if you can find/afford it. Or A lil ol V8 Model A Ford like you mentioned would be good to throw in there for sure.

Others to look for/consider:
    Chevelle SS454
    Buick GS455
    Hurst/Olds Cutlass or Olds 4-4-2
    Poncho GTO
    Poncho Firebird Trans Am
    Ford Torino
    Plymouth GT/X, Dodge Super Bee, Plymouth Road Runner
    Dodge Challenger
    Dodge Charger

That's just the basic ones, get a few of those and you'd be in good shape.

decisions, decisions

please please pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease don't forget about maintenance.

Yes, you can afford to buy a couple lamborghini's, etc. But can you afford set after set of pirelli p-zeros? Make sure to factor in maintenance. Then double whatever that is, just to be safe. [if you could drive somebody else's car, who you didn't know for a week, would you hold back? also, would you not try to bang some hot chick in the back, especially if you drove a bentley?]

And while i'm being a negative nancy- the idea of classic cars is great, and those mentioned would be fantastic, but they are NOT the same cars as today. Carbourated cars are much more difficult to deal with, and are generally less reliable than the EFI of today. Also, on the high performance models, that reliability is even lessened in favor or higher performance.

I like your idea, but be weary of what you are getting into. You might have people ready to pay the initial fee, but who's going to take care of them? Who's going to come rescue your stranded hemi 'cuda when it mysteriously won't start? Are you then going to give him a refund?

Remember, the people renting your cars will either be HUGE car nuts, or not really know what they're getting into. I'd wager that anybody who likes muscle cars enough would probably own one in some form themselves. Those that aren't quite as knowledgable may still be rich, and may still frequent your business, but probably won't want to get their hands dirty, so you better be ready for it.

Have a nice day
    Last edited by sandwich; 12-09-2004 at 09:43 PM.
    And Iraaaaaaaaaaaan

Iran's so far awaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay...

ROR

Quote Originally Posted by jcp123
    Others to look for/consider:
    Chevelle SS454
    Buick GS455
    Hurst/Olds Cutlass or Olds 4-4-2
    Poncho GTO
    Poncho Firebird Trans Am
    Ford Torino
    Plymouth GT/X, Dodge Super Bee, Plymouth Road Runner
    Dodge Challenger
    Dodge Charger

That's just the basic ones, get a few of those and you'd be in good shape.
    Yeah, any of those would be fine for me! Especially the Charger (make that a '69 Charger R/T w/440 please).

Thread Information