Thread: M5 as good as Toyota Aristo ?

BMW M5 1994 e34

253.5 kw / 340.0 bhp @ 6900 rpm

400.0 nm / 295.0 ft lbs @ 4750 rpm

or

BMW M5 2001 e39

293.8 kw / 394.0 bhp @ 6600 rpm

498.94 nm / 368.0 ft lbs @ 3800 rpm

Toyota Handle better than a BMW M power…. I don’t think so… I repeat the Toyota has to be tuned. Looking at the Facts its quiet impossible.
    WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!!! Renault F1 :)

Both cars are 1992 models,not the latest v10,with the 2jz you can buy an import here for 20k,a comparable m5 which i believe personally is better in looks,dynamics etc is still over 50 k.The aristo is good value for performance,luxury and build quality for the amount of money.
    SA IPRA cars 15, 25, 51 & 77
    Sharperto Racing IP Corollas
    http://www.sharperto.com.au/

Quote Originally Posted by QUATTRO MAN
    can you imagine that some one is actually comparing Toyota with BMW please GERMAN CARS RULE...what is the world coming to!!!!
    Thats a very biased comment,I also find your signature very ignorant

Quote Originally Posted by charged
    Thats a very biased comment,I also find your signature very ignorant

Don't come out here calling people ignorant's, specially one's who have been around much longer than you. You just proved to UCP you know nothing about cars and never sat your back in an M5. I've driven one of those cars for a phew times and I can tell you it is insane to compare both. Ultimate speed doesn't make a car special and that Toyota (badged Lexus here) is an awfull looking car with no poise at all.
    If you ever get lucky or mature enough to drive a BMW M5, you'll understand the comments you call biased, because the simple act of starting that huge 6 in line is quite a momentum.
    Now calm down will you? Lets be polite if we want to get respect from others.
    Money can't buy you friends, but you do get a better class of enemy.

Im going by a magazine reveiw,havent driven either,Im not saying the Toyota is better.I believe the M5 would be a better car.Why cant you compare a Japenese car and a German car,I thought that is what UCP is about comparing cars.I am in the process of building 2 club cars with my nephews and brother.I do know a tiny bit about motorcars,6 years as a diesel mechanic what experience have you has working on motor vehicles, havent had the chance of being in a M5 of any model,cant see how that makes me immature
    Last edited by charged; 12-13-2004 at 05:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by charged
    Im going by a magazine reveiw,havent driven either,Im not saying the Toyota is better.I believe the M5 would be a better car.Why cant you compare a Japenese car and a German car,I thought that is what UCP is about comparing cars.I am in the process of building 2 club cars with my nephews and brother.I do know a tiny bit about motorcars, havent had the chance of being in a M5 of any model,cant see how that makes me immature
    Because you don’t compare a Toyota to a BMW. BMW is a high class, luxury car specially the M5 with the most respectable engineering like all German cars while Toyota is a car maker that provides economical cheap to run and reliable car’s for middle class people….
    WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!!! Renault F1 :)

BMW arent a god alright, its not like its sacreligious to compare it to a Toyota
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by SPN:DOC
    Because you don’t compare a Toyota to a BMW. BMW is a high class, luxury car specially the M5 with the most respectable engineering like all German cars while Toyota is a car maker that provides economical cheap to run and reliable car’s for middle class people….
    If I could afford a bmw m5 I would buy one ,but sadly I cant,like 98% of the population

Comparison ?

hmm, lets see.

Which one has won WRC championships ? ( hint: not BMW )
    Which one designs and runs an F1 team ? ( hint: not BMW, they have to have someone do the hard bit )

Can't stand BMW snobbishness.
    It's a metal box with an engine. By slapping on a BMW badge WHY shoudl it be 50% more ? Nothing special about them
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    It's a metal box with an engine. By slapping on a BMW badge WHY shoudl it be 50% more ? Nothing special about them
    Ooh cmon Matra... BMWs aren't that baaaaad

Ps.
    I'm not a fuc**** fanboy.
    You can only get smarter by playing a smarter opponent.

Their only saving grace is they stick to RWD

Smart marketing move, clear differentiator, obvious advantage to "sell" on and can always hide the drawbacks with soem slick sales blurb.

Over-hyped.

Great cars, just not worthy of the price-hike except to the nouveau-riche and the labelliste
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Great cars, just not worthy of the price-hike except to the nouveau-riche and the labelliste
    You can turn it upsidedown and say that about Ferrari, Lamborghini, Audi, Mercedes, Maserati, ...

yeah, andy, but you dont' find hordes of soapbox salesman driving around in Ferraris for the "prestige"

yeah, andy, but you dont' find hordes of soapbox salesman driving around in Ferraris for the "prestige"
    What exactly is a soapbox salesman?

Sorry Andy, being derogatory about travelling salesman.

Most Beemers in the UK are owned by travelling salesman. The low end guys get 3-series, the middle managers get 5 series the region or country managers get 7 sersis. It's all quite sad how much they 'fight' to get the right badge on the back - a salesmane driving a 328 is higher in the company than one driving a 325 !

It's all quite sad really, but BOY that badge matters. The cars might be unformtabel on long journeys, might be hell in winter, but they've got the right labels.

I've had fun in bars with these guys working out of a 525 is better than a 328

Thread Information