View Poll Results: Who have the really best photography this week?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • UCR

4 14.81%
  • SPHFerrari

7 25.93%
  • Rebirth of Xar

6 22.22%
  • rt13

2 7.41%
  • Titanboy 24

3 11.11%
  • Mustang

1 3.70%
  • Sl55kleemann

2 7.41%
  • McReis

2 7.41%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Votes: Comp 7 Weekly Personal Photography

I have broadband and a 22" monitor, I also shoot pics at 3008x2000. Furthermore, I agree, that 800x600 isn't hi-res - in fact, not even close. But that doesn't change the fact that the rules are the rules. Perhpas, you could attach the images, then you could have them be however large you wanted (up to 488k), and still get the thumbnail view... just my $0.02. In the meantime, the rules are still the rules, and I will uphold them, even if it is not the popular thing to do.

(don't hate the player, hate the game)

Kingdom of Tonga South Pacific for the time being..
    Quote Originally Posted by nopassn
    I have broadband and a 22" monitor, I also shoot pics at 3008x2000. Furthermore, I agree, that 800x600 isn't hi-res - in fact, not even close. But that doesn't change the fact that the rules are the rules. Perhpas, you could attach the images, then you could have them be however large you wanted (up to 488k), and still get the thumbnail view... just my $0.02. In the meantime, the rules are still the rules, and I will uphold them, even if it is not the popular thing to do.

(don't hate the player, hate the game)
    how did this take 7 weeks to be enforce? wouldent a 56k warning be enough to warn everyone then? the whole point is to make the voting process easier. as for the drop in content quality, it has dropped a little bit but i can say that ive been consistent with my content.
    I agree that there should also be a monthly contest but weekly contests are a good motivation to go out and take pics, otherwise i wouldent be so bothered to go out and take pics if in the first week of the month i already have my entry for the month.

ps the voting wasnt closed last night at midnight, so i would like to know if its still considered a tie.
    ________
    juggalo
    Last edited by Rebirth of Xar; 01-30-2011 at 11:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebirth of Xar
    how did this take 7 weeks to be enforce? wouldent a 56k warning be enough to warn everyone then? the whole point is to make the voting process easier. as for the drop in content quality, it has dropped a little bit but i can say that ive been consistent with my content.
    I agree that there should also be a monthly contest but weekly contests are a good motivation to go out and take pics, otherwise i wouldent be so bothered to go out and take pics if in the first week of the month i already have my entry for the month.

ps the voting wasnt closed last night at midnight, so i would like to know if its still considered a tie.
    Your content is clearly still very nice. But anyway, I guess the most fine and entertaining pics are those we happen to shoot because we went somewhere and the photo taken in that occasion was nice. Going out to take a nice photo for the contest usually takes out the fun of the photo as we're not professionals and don't intend to be.
    Leave the weekly contest then and someone should start a monthly new one, with a score of its own. And then please, everyone should stop vonting for themselves or voting more than once.
    A more serious monthly contest would probably bring others to vote, other than the ones who actually participated. That will reduce the importance of some own votes.
    Money can't buy you friends, but you do get a better class of enemy.

Kingdom of Tonga South Pacific for the time being..
    Quote Originally Posted by McReis
    ...the most fine and entertaining pics are those we happen to shoot because we went somewhere and the photo taken in that occasion was nice. Going out to take a nice photo for the contest usually takes out the fun of the photo as we're not professionals and don't intend to be....
    It all depends on how you look at it. i dont go out and look for award winning pictures. i go out and look for nice shots for my personal enjoyment. if theyre good enough to be entered en weekly, or monthly contests then even better. I dont take shots to become a professional but to be good at one of my hobbies and hopefully thats what everyone else here does. I wouldent stop participating its in my genes to be competitive but only with my talent, not by cheating or anything. Im happy that i didnt vote multiple times for myself, i did vote for myself once and it was becuase i truely think that i had the most colorful picture. Its one of my fav. pics because what noone knows is that the car in the picture was actually pulling a giant billboard, and i managed to get 2 pictures of the car without a trace of the advertisement in the back.
    ________
    mac games
    Last edited by Rebirth of Xar; 01-30-2011 at 11:01 PM.

i havent voted for myself once in these comps and i really hpoe nobody else is. idk if there any way to enforce that. mods? and unless you have multiple accounts you can only vote once.
    [url]www.spenserheaps.smugmug.com[/url]

Thread Information