Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hows this for an idea

Hows this for an idea

Me and Slick lately seem to be coming up with ideas out of nowhere to fix the current problems with the licensing and driver training systems, so i guess heres what we got so far:

Driver training available from 15 (motorkhana/geakhana type of stuff maybe)
    L's extended to 100 hours
    P's Available when 18
    Curfue for when you cant put more than 1 passenger in the car
    Unable to drive through school zones in school hours
    Drivers retested with every license renewal

All funded by those useless speed cameras

so what do you think?
    I am the Stig

i think i should get some credit here c'mon

everything cept the school zones nit sounds pretty good.
    The Datto will rage again...

alright then, if you want credit, what would you put on? change to the green P's or anything
    I am the Stig

get rid of all that Greeb Ps silver gold license BS, its just revenue raiding by having to get a new license every 2 years... just go Ls Ps Full License... like in the ACT. no muckin around and you know where you stand. also on completion of the ADTC's you can gain extra demerit points...

so you got 1 year driver training, 2 year's L's, 1 year P's then your straight on a 5 year gold license
    I am the Stig

3 years Ls, 2 years Ps then onto full license but with the ADTCs youd gain 4 demerit points in your 2nd year of Ps so youd get 4 in your 1st year 8 in your 2nd and then 12 on your full.

sounds like it could work......any stupid speed limits for the L's and P's like what im stuck with?
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho
    sounds like it could work......any stupid speed limits for the L's and P's like what im stuck with?
    hey after what happened on the central coast the night before last it's no wonder. 160 in a 50 zone... and look at the tragic results, 3 older teenagers dead...

like your thoughts so far, especially the re-testing of existing license holders. older people's cockiness (e.g. my parents) pisses me off when it comes to their views on younger people's driving skills. i am quite sure my parents would flunk the P's test if they had to take next week...
    "WHEN IT'S GAME TIME, IT'S PAIN TIME TIME BABY! WOOOH" ~ Terry Tate

speeding can come from a number of things, and they reckon with P platers it can be peer pressure from the passengers. put the idea in for the curfue after 8 and i reckon it could fix that. alot more crashes happen at night and if youve only got 1 person to ignore rather than 3, its alot more easier IMO....
    I am the Stig

mmmm, thered have to be exceptions though, like carpooling for night shift work and such...

thats true, but i'd be interested to see the numbers on how many do such a thing, and more than 2 people in the car that is. it at least a start though, and so far i think its better than what the government has in mind.
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho
    and so far i think its better than what the government has in mind.
    yeh you hit the nail on the head there

Yeh i heard about the kids up the coast. was a 33 or 32 GTR Skyline as well... theyll put a limit on cars kids can drive cause of this but thats not whats killing them, 160kph in my datto will kill me. its not the car thats kills its the driver...

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Supra
    Yeh i heard about the kids up the coast. was a 33 or 32 GTR Skyline as well... theyll put a limit on cars kids can drive cause of this but thats not whats killing them, 160kph in my datto will kill me. its not the car thats kills its the driver...
    yeh true, but it's alot easier and takes far less time to hit 160 in a 300+ kw skyline coming out of a corner (as was the case on the central coast) then in your datto (give it 3 months and a few grand for the datto, well then different story). you get my point though, if kids can only drive cars with sewing machine engines in them that look like a grandma car (e.g. my granny's toyota camry) then the ease at which you can speed and the appeal of it vastly diminishes...

damn, reading this sure beats studying for my database exam in *checks time* 2.5 hrs,

Yeh studying is over rated

i agree with that, maybe making it harder for younger kids to get rego on these kinds of cars might be a deterrant, but also, you can buy a V8 commodore for like 8k thatll hit a top speed pretty quick so its not really an issue of how much cars cost and the longer this goes on the more affordable faster and newer cars will become, ive already noticed that VNs have passed as the common P car now on the VP...

Thread Information