Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: help with 253 gas research

help with 253 gas research

is it true that gas research will give me more power and better economy at the same time and is it expensive?

depends what you mean

if you mean LPG then no it gives less power then petrol and about the same econonomy but in some places is up to 40cpl cheaper.

if you mean Hydrogen then then im unsure except thats its only being used in prototype cars at the moment and is obviously not widely available.
    The Datto will rage again...

If its a gas conversion your talking about on a Holden 253, go for dual fuel. seems to give the best balance of fuel economy and cheap fuel
    I am the Stig

Or he could be talking about something that modifies the rate of fuel into the engine .. which i thought was controlled by the ECU unless its an old car. An uprated ECU is moderately expensive .. depending on the car. I know a good one for an Exige is around £1000 including rolling road time etc.

I hate gas even done right there still is power lose, And on a 253 you don't need to lose any power, Mate had a Ute straight gas it was a real runner had the engine made for it, Still was better on petrol but the save in petrol cost was enough for him to still be happy with a little less power.
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

the problem with gas is it starts to vapourise in the intake chamber so compared to how much is sprayed out, not much gets burnt. kinda like the difference between MPFI and SPFI. Apparently theres some people working on some high pressure gas systems similar to the diesel common rail systems, theyre trying to get it so that the gas is still a liquid, not a gas when it is burnt
    I am the Stig

with a 253 :exige: theyre a pretty old carbed V8 so the dont have ECUs.

thank everyone for their tips, it's a holden hz ute and the 253 is built for gas heads,pistons the lot. It goes alright now pushing about 120kw just want a bit more grunt but same economy without going overboard

you might lose 10kw max by changing to gas but at 40cpl cheaper its worth it

would you be able to put up with the awful smell LPG gives off as well though
    I am the Stig

It's Already On Gas, No Petrol Running Gear Just A Tank Left In It, I Just Heard Of Gas Research Systems And How I Can Get Rid Of The Strom. Carb. And Put A Proper Gas Carb On With A Pod Filter But Im Unsure On How The Car Will Go?

how did you put a capital on every word without goin insane???

anyways...

dual fuel goes well in the older carbed V8s apparently. might want to rig that up. to get more power out of it. best thing to do. get a supercharger

i was hoping not to spend that much on a 253 wouldn't i better getting a 308?

true, if you want to go down that path but if you do youll have to redo all your gas system which is around 1k+ if memory serves. And then you still have to do the engine itself. a decent supercharger wont cost that much.

kool thanx 4 your help. at the moment im pretty happy with it it does good burnouts and loves going sideways especially in the wet.

Thread Information