Thread: famous concepts/cars that women designed

famous concepts/cars that women designed

ok, you may have seen something by me related to this, but now instead of names, i need specific cars. to all who answer, thanx.
    "I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring" - Richard Feynman, last recorded words.

Volvo YCC , i think. By and for women

It's funny, but YCC is the only known concept that designed by women. I dont except that there was another, but officialy there's only one

Quote Originally Posted by rt13
    It's funny, but YCC is the only known concept that designed by women. I dont except that there was another, but officialy there's only one
    What a load of bollocks.

"Officially" - according to which set of officials exactly?

It is the only car publicly touted as being designed by an all-female team.

Very rarely will a car be designed by one person only, unless you are Lee Noble or something.

There have probably been many cars designed by teams including female members, except they do tend to be rarer than men in the industry.

Car manufacturers have suddenly realised that women buy cars too, so they should get help from women rather than guessing what women want.

Having said that, designs are usually accredited to one person, either the person in charge of that particluar project, the chief designer or sometimes the person who came up with the chosen concept. Finding out who else was involved is usually nigh on impossible.
    Last edited by Coventrysucks; 12-13-2004 at 01:27 PM.
    Thanks for all the fish

In "officialy there's only one" I was talking about car, (meant modern concept cars). I know that majority of cars are designed by teams 'cause I'm cardesigner.

Quote Originally Posted by rt13
    In "officialy there's only one" I was talking about car, (meant modern concept cars). I know that majority of cars are designed by teams 'cause I'm cardesigner.
    I think you mean something other than "officially" then, as that makes no sense at all.
    Thanks for all the fish

Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks
    Very rarely will a car be designed by one person only, unless you are Lee Noble or something.
    This is when I expect someone to come in and say they are . Many Cars seem to be designed by women .. Mazda MX5 for example .. or is that hair dressers Good ole stereotyping works every time

The Ford Model U's chief Designer was a lady by the name of Lauren Van Der Acker, I believe.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

ok, guys, if you want to argue, do it somewhere else, i need this for school.
    "I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring" - Richard Feynman, last recorded words.

Thread Information