Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: PLZ help but don t make fun of me

PLZ help but don t make fun of me

DUDE i am still 16 and i like cars too much and i wanted to have some information i hope you wont laught at me cause i think all of you gone threw this step till now you know almost everything about cars...

What is the difference between a strait six and v6 other than the look does it affect the car ??????? the power ????????

if i wanted to buy a car what should i be looking at in the performance other than the HP,Price,andengine?????

one more question is the 4weeldrive better than the rwd i know that on the dry land the rwd is better but on the wet lan the 4 weel drive is better.. but doe s the 4 weal drive affecet the acceleratin?? speed??alll those stuf?

What is the difference between a strait six and v6 other than the look does it affect the car ??????? the power ????????
    i assume you know about the obvious differences between the 2, (the "V" and "inline" or "strait" cylinder configurations) so ill cut to the other stuff, as far as one making power easier than the other i would say no. there are differences as far as weight, size, and exhaust/turbo mounting. an inline block of the same displacement of a "V" block will be longer and heavier assuming the same materials are used(i.e. cast iron or aluminum block) as more metal is needed. and the cylinders cant be stagered as with a V6 to save space. overall the V6 is a smaller package if wider for obvious reasons. exhaust and turbo plumbing is easier on a I6 as only one header/turbo manifold is needed and due to the engines narrowness it doesnt have to be a "block hugger" and it leaves room for a larger turbo, where on a V6 2 seperate turbo's and turbo manifolds are needed(for pracicality resons, single turbo drag piping need not apply) and there is less clearance (this is all generalized) for higher flowing headers/manifolds and/or turbos.

but doe s the 4 weal drive affecet the acceleratin?? speed??alll those stuf?
    generaly with an awd and a rwd car of the same power/weight the rwd car would perform better, the awd car has more powertrain losses. the awd car can launch harder because it has more traction but overall the rwd car has more available pulling power

ill go more indepth and answer your other questions later as i have a party to go to now...
    UCP's Most Hardcore Burro!

Being human explains everything but excuses nothing

This page should be of great assistance...

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/engine.htm

Originally posted by Egg Nog

I'd have to agree wiked webpage
    Dont Drink and Drive home Drift and Slide Home

Originally posted by megotmea7
    i assume you know about the obvious differences between the 2, (the "V" and "inline" or "strait" cylinder configurations) so ill cut to the other stuff, as far as one making power easier than the other i would say no. there are differences as far as weight, size, and exhaust/turbo mounting. an inline block of the same displacement of a "V" block will be longer and heavier assuming the same materials are used(i.e. cast iron or aluminum block) as more metal is needed. and the cylinders cant be stagered as with a V6 to save space. overall the V6 is a smaller package if wider for obvious reasons. exhaust and turbo plumbing is easier on a I6 as only one header/turbo manifold is needed and due to the engines narrowness it doesnt have to be a "block hugger" and it leaves room for a larger turbo, where on a V6 2 seperate turbo's and turbo manifolds are needed(for pracicality resons, single turbo drag piping need not apply) and there is less clearance (this is all generalized) for higher flowing headers/manifolds and/or turbos.

generaly with an awd and a rwd car of the same power/weight the rwd car would perform better, the awd car has more powertrain losses. the awd car can launch harder because it has more traction but overall the rwd car has more available pulling power

ill go more indepth and answer your other questions later as i have a party to go to now...
    thx man

thx 2 i apreciate that i will be reading more about that stufff so i will improove my knoled about cars

if i wanted to buy a car what should i be looking at in the performance other than the HP,Price,andengine?????
    weight, its the number one determining factor when it comes to performance(besides top speed) lighter cars accelerate faster, can corner better(assuming the suspention is of the same orientation), and would get better gas mileage. aslo you should be looking at safty, your first car should be a safe one not an extremely fast one, learn to drive first then down the road(pun) get a more high performance car. sorry if that didnt make much sence as im a bit hung over right now...
    UCP's Most Hardcore Burro!

Being human explains everything but excuses nothing

Originally posted by megotmea7
    weight, its the number one determining factor when it comes to performance(besides top speed) lighter cars accelerate faster, can corner better(assuming the suspention is of the same orientation), and would get better gas mileage. aslo you should be looking at safty, your first car should be a safe one not an extremely fast one, learn to drive first then down the road(pun) get a more high performance car. sorry if that didnt make much sence as im a bit hung over right now...
    it did lol

thx anyway but i wasthinking of gettin an M3 as a first car

Originally posted by white devil
    Yeah, I was thinking about getting a Lamboghini Diablo for my first car. The problem was, I only had about $2000.

Good luck on that M3 Even an E30 could set you back quintuple digits...

Good luck to you, I hope you are able to acquire such a fine car as your first, but if you do, don't post in the "Humble Beginnings" thread in the "Users Rides" forum .....no need to rub our faces in it ...lol

Originally posted by NoOne
    Good luck to you, I hope you are able to acquire such a fine car as your first, but if you do, don't post in the "Humble Beginnings" thread in the "Users Rides" forum .....no need to rub our faces in it ...lol
    if i buy one i will post 100000000 of pics lol

now i will be starting with an M3 and then moove to M6 CSL

and thx dude you r the only guys who are supporting me alll my family think that i am crazy to spend that much money on a car but for me i prefere to have a nice car then a house heheh i will sleep in my car

Yeah, I was thinking about getting a Lamboghini Diablo for my first car. The problem was, I only had about $2000.

Good luck on that M3 Even an E30 could set you back quintuple digits...
    good luck with you r diablo but why dont you think of the galardo i know that it s not as strong as the diablo but it s like half the price and looks as twice as better

good luck with you r diablo but why dont you think of the galardo i know that it s not as strong as the diablo but it s like half the price and looks as twice as better
    I was thinking the Gallardo is more along the lines of "less expensive and absolutely hideous". The Diablo is infinitely better looking. I'll take a VT Roadster in Red or Yellow please

I was thinking the Gallardo is more along the lines of "less expensive and absolutely hideous". The Diablo is infinitely better looking. I'll take a VT Roadster in Red or Yellow please
    what about the murcielago then it s twice as expencive but 10000 time better i think you agree with that now

no the diablo is a gr8 car and if i had the money to buy it i wouldnt think twice befor buying it ...i hope we will be able to buy a diablo both of usssssssss

Thread Information