Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Ferarri Enzo or Saleen S7

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon500
    He put a centrifical shifter drvice to replace the H pattern the car arrived in the country with incidently he also used to have serious problems with snapping shifters that stopped and with the cnetfrifical shifter give him a big advantage getting rid of a lot of human error and allowing him to shift damn fast the example is his time at phillip isalnd i think it was which was nearly 4 seconds faster then his time last year and 2 seconds faster then a v8 super car.

But was is a "centrifical shifter" is it a sequential gearbox or what?

I actually have no idea Im thinking more along the lines its like the addons you can buy for the top loader gearbox nowdays they wernt very specific on what the done they were focusing more on what it done for him.

this may sound crazy, but it isnt a system that when he goes to grab a gear the clutch shifts by itself or something?? as i said, crazy
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho
    this may sound crazy, but it isnt a system that when he goes to grab a gear the clutch shifts by itself or something?? as i said, crazy
    That sounds more like the old semi-automatic, whereby as soon as you touched the gearknob the gears would disengage and you could shift. Very slow system though, and I am sure that it's also not comparable to the Wilson or Cotal pre-selcetion systems but who knows whether they managed to improve on that?

well falc was saying something about it got rid of some driver error or something, so it got me thinking along those lines
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho
    well falc was saying something about it got rid of some driver error or something, so it got me thinking along those lines
    Well whatever it was, if you know more than don't hesitate to post it.

Its still a ture manual in the snese youput the clutch in and shift it your self but the way it shifts up to go up a gear and down to go down a gear (and a slow movement near the middle for reverse) removes the chance of missed gears and allows for a lightning fast shift. The only problems i heard on this system was in the inorgrual (spelling?) bathrust 24 hour where nathan prettys 427 monaro jammed in gear but that was a mechanical error that was fixes by him getting out and rocking the car backwards and forewards (i have no idea how but it worked)

Its still a ture manual in the snese youput the clutch in and shift it your self but the way it shifts up to go up a gear and down to go down a gear (and a slow movement near the middle for reverse) removes the chance of missed gears and allows for a lightning fast shift. The only problems i heard on this system was in the inorgrual (spelling?) bathrust 24 hour where nathan prettys 427 monaro jammed in gear but that was a mechanical error that was fixes by him getting out and rocking the car backwards and forewards (i have no idea how but it worked)
    Thanks, this sounds like a sequential gearbox, where you have to go through all the gears going up and down so going down from 4 to 2 is impossible without using 3 as well. All WRC cars have them and they work very fast.

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    Thanks, this sounds like a sequential gearbox, where you have to go through all the gears going up and down so going down from 4 to 2 is impossible without using 3 as well. All WRC cars have them and they work very fast.
    Yes very much so but im not too sure on this but there are actual addons avaible on gear boxes like the ford top loader one i mentioned before its sort of a bolt on thing youcan do..Im junder the impression it has oneof these add ons...or manybe im just confusing myself.

Yes very much so but im not too sure on this but there are actual addons avaible on gear boxes like the ford top loader one i mentioned before its sort of a bolt on thing youcan do..Im junder the impression it has oneof these add ons...or manybe im just confusing myself.
    Well you are certainly confusing me

Question

can anyone explain to me how a heavier car with less horsepower and torque could possibly accelerate faster than a lighter car with more HP?

i find those figures extremely hard to believe, 3.3 for the saleen. I think they need to send a car out to a non-american magazine for further testing.

Is it even possible? Is it the gearing? It just seems like BS to me.

And one possibility- enzo's have adjustable spoilers...that could prevent them from racing...and one more...they cost 3/4 of a million dollars...are you going to want to crash that into a wall just to prove your supercar is faster?

I think the saleen is prettier....it's a sweet looking car. However, I think the enzo would outperform it on the street in every category...it's just better designed.
    And Iraaaaaaaaaaaan

Iran's so far awaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay...

ROR

one answer could be ..gearbox ratio ..
    There is no terrible way of winning
    there is just winning

Quote Originally Posted by sandwich
    And one possibility- enzo's have adjustable spoilers...that could prevent them from racing...and one more...they cost 3/4 of a million dollars...are you going to want to crash that into a wall just to prove your supercar is faster?designed.
    Well the porsches nowdays have adjustable spoilers but they are still racing. Hell even the cheap(er) Semi prefessional class of super sedan in australia run adjustable spoilers Why would this allow them not to race?
    And here in australia in our nations cup class we have a racing team called prancing horse racing and they run a 360 challange they got from some performance branch of ferrari and the car ended up costing them 750k and thats not whats involved runnig and maintaining that car. I bet theres a alot of international teams that couldafford to run the cars if a small australin Importer can run them.

saleen

The saleen nudges out the enzo for these reasons.
    - the enzo was sold out before it even hit the market.
    - the enzo is ugly while the saleen is truely an aerodynamic work of art.
    - Ferrari could have done better. 17 years after the F40 and they throw almost 200 more horses but barely shade off .2 seconds 0-60 off the f40. (2 IHI turbos do help the f40 though)
    - Although i dont know the s7's compression ratio, im sure it's more 'force induction compatable' then the enzo's 11.2:1 compression ratio. after market turbos are still the cheapest way to add serious hp, though decreasing the longevity of your engine.
    in the end, i'd take the s7...although saying 'I drive a ferrari' sounds better then saying 'i drive a saleen'

For me Enzo, cause it's the extremest supercar ever made. I've seen it in real and it's a stunning beautiful beast.
    The S7 just looks like a streched Mac F1

Thread Information