Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is there a "Greatest car ever"

Is there a "Greatest car ever"

The subject really explains the essence of this post but, I think that it is a valid question. There have been so many good cars over the years such as the Mustang it is still being produced and loved by Americans everywhere, The Corvette Z06 bang for the buck, The VW Beetle the last original rolled off the factory in Mexico only a few months ago. The Civc (don't label me a ricer) that you can't go a city block with out seeing. The legendary Ford GT Le Mans 'nuff said. The Elise a Go Kart for the highway. That Fiat with a 1.0L engine and a six speed (I had to mention it). The Lancer and WRX who seem to be unable to do anything but win WRC races (some msy dislike my lack of respect for the Focus but even the RS is kind of Blah). The Countach (sp?) with its cool doors and crazy styleing or how about the McLaren F1 Vroom Vroom need I say more? There are a few to think of. But really can we justify a "Greatest Car Ever" Title or should it be "Best handeling car" and "Most loved Car" etc. ? Think on it.
    "If you feel like you're in control you're not going fast enough" - Mario Andretti

the mclaren F1 is simply the best!
    Puff Daddy says his Ferrari 360 Spider can go 220 because the speedo says so
    *coughretardcough*

Originally posted by DwZX35
    i agree with it being the best all around, it has the most people room for a supercar plus the engine bay is lined with 24k gold, that's cool. plus it was the king of supercars for about ten years. even though it's not one of my favorite cars it has my vote for the best car of all time.
    Wenn Sie wissen wollen, was einen volkswagen ein volkswagen macht, treibt es.

F1

The McLaren F1 is legendary, possibly the greatest ever.
    Gotta love it!
    Attached Images Attached Images

of far more automotive importance than the Mac were:
    The T-Ford (Mass Production)
    The Beetle (Mass motoring)
    The Mini (determining the concept of the small family car for ever)

The Mac is without any hesitation in a class of its own, but it's influence has been relatively small.

Originally posted by henk4
    of far more automotive importance than the Mac were:
    The T-Ford (Mass Production)
    The Beetle (Mass motoring)
    The Mini (determining the concept of the small family car for ever)

The Mac is without any hesitation in a class of its own, but it's influence has been relatively small.
    i disagree, because all the other car companys are tring to outdo the McLaren F1 by building thier own supercars to beat it, thus making the world of supercars wider. however i agree the beetle is more important.
    Wenn Sie wissen wollen, was einen volkswagen ein volkswagen macht, treibt es.

Re: F1

Originally posted by DiabloGTR
    The McLaren F1 is legendary, possibly the greatest ever.
    Gotta love it!
    I agree. even though the bugatti 16.4 veyron is faster and quicker, i dont think thats its styling comes anywhere close to that of the F1

DwZx35: Puff Daddy says his Ferrari 360 Spider can go 220 because the speedo says so
    *coughretardcough*

ya i saw that on cribs and i was laughing out loud cuz i knew it didnt reach that speed. i think its funny that i know more about it than someone who owns one

Originally posted by SPHFerrari
    DwZx35: Puff Daddy says his Ferrari 360 Spider can go 220 because the speedo says so
    *coughretardcough*

ya i saw that on cribs and i was laughing out loud cuz i knew it didnt reach that speed. i think its funny that i know more about it than someone who owns one
    Well, you have to understand that alot of buyers of these high priced cars don't know shit about them. No offense to Puff Daddy, the guy is worth 400 million USD, but he probably doesn't know shit about cars. Heard he bought a Rolls-Royce Phanton, if he knew shit he'd buy the Maybach instead.

Hey how u goin?

Im just goin to state a car that would most likely be the best value for money car under $50 000 would have to be the Nissan 200SX S15 model. Try driving 1. Absolutly exilerating! They have to b also one of the best drifting cars in the world. No car can match the lightweight chassis and SUPERIOR handling? well for $40, 000! May i plz mention that you can get around 270kw out of this car 4 about only $5000 dis all Aussi $. And thta equals 4.1 secs o-100km/h and 12.6 seconds a quatre of a mile. This acr is simply awseome and id like to c any1 find a better value for money car.

Originally posted by Player
    Hey how u goin?

Im just goin to state a car that would most likely be the best value for money car under $50 000 would have to be the Nissan 200SX S15 model. Try driving 1. Absolutly exilerating! They have to b also one of the best drifting cars in the world. No car can match the lightweight chassis and SUPERIOR handling? well for $40, 000! May i plz mention that you can get around 270kw out of this car 4 about only $5000 dis all Aussi $. And thta equals 4.1 secs o-100km/h and 12.6 seconds a quatre of a mile. This acr is simply awseome and id like to c any1 find a better value for money car.
    I do like the 200SX. I nearly bought one but went with a V8 instead. Bit more practical. A $5000 Supercharger on a LS1 will produce around 300kw too with little else, maybe an exhaust.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

lotus/caterham super 7 (road; imo, all the fun youd ever really need)

1943 willys g.p.
    Last edited by kennyknoxville; 12-16-2003 at 11:28 PM.
    stereotonin

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Player
    [B]So there is a Nissan 200SX S15 model with a V8 engine for sale?

Is it the engione from the Nissan Infinity i think its 4.1 litres. I just love my dads car, it out handles ANY V8 which is why it is such a success in Australia.

And as hard as you may push this car on Bridgstone Potenzas, the bloody thing just wont burnout. We went almost 160km/h through a round about and the car just started to slide out.

I can tell you 1 thing there aint many cars in the worlld that could do this? Well stock stamdard 1s anyway. Yer thanks for shown me ur interest.

Well you can also find Twin Turbo models out there. I love the Turbo feel n prefer ova supercharger anyday.

I have also read that there is a N1 model in Japan. This i would like to say is the BEST CAR IN THE WORLD.
    It has every possible mod to it, just imagine the feel it already pulls back like carzy. I have been ibn SS VComodores and they dunt pull back. Try a light car.

Just a Question for you. If the car has 172kw at the fly
    and is 1265 kg weight
    what would be the 0-100km/h time?
    i worked out about 5.8secs because i compare it to brand new WRX which is 200kg heavier and rememebr in Aussi mags they have said that The 200Sx will outhandle Wrx anyday.

And which 1 dos everyone prefer WRX or 200SX A response would be awesome! Thanks
    Sorry i just re read ur reply.
    Corvette ey, they are my favourite V8 or is it a Clubsport coz apparantly thye share same engine? Bring that one when my dad puts kit on next october when warranaty runs out!
    270 prommised kw
    thats without touching turbo yet

Mercedes benz S-Class

Originally posted by DwZX35
    well 'at the moment' it is

Thread Information