Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Could they make the Pontiac GTO any worse?

I dont think its that bad, seriously whats so bad about it?

The rear spoiler
    The fins above the exhaust
    The black in the front bumper
    All the fins in th frot bumper
    The silver highlights around the inside of the Pontiac grille

Just to name a few things
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho
    I think these pics speak for themselves........urgh!!

Someone give them the HSV GTO already
    Are you all wright I don't see Anything Wrong!

And to think a couple of years ago, we all though the US deal for the GTO was nothing but a good thing
    It is if you live in the States.

So far though, this car has flopped. End of year close-outs are going for under $25,000 US easily, and I've heard of people getting them for as low as $22,500. This is with a huge $5500 GM rebate, and another $3000 rebate for something pointless to get people to buy them. GM's looking to sell 18,000 units next year. With the new 400hp motor and improved styling (the general concensus of us Americans is the new one looks bolder and better), I think they'll sell 15,000- still falling short of what they want.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Well whatever the case, holden has announced that you'll only get 12,000 no matter how the demand turns out. Theyre taking those 6000 sales to lift pressure off the plant for production
    I am the Stig

I actually don't mind the new GTO, in my opinion anyways.
    ________
    Lovely Wendie99
    Last edited by austy351; 04-19-2011 at 02:35 AM.

the gto.....shouldve been more muscle car like. i mean, why cant they take some design cues from the old one? the new vette has a bit of stingray in it, it looks incredible, and the new mustang? it looks rather good imo. but they had to go, not even design their own car! they had to steal the design from someone, and then they made it into basically a really powerful people mover, and call it the remake of the greatest muscle car made. WTF! not an american design, representing AMERICAN heritage. one of th concepts looked exactly like what a moder gto should look like in my view. this new thing? it might be fast and all, but as the muscle car its suppsoed to be? it should be shot!
    "I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring" - Richard Feynman, last recorded words.

I think if they would've not named it the GTO more people would have liked it. We were expecting something awesome, but nope. When i see one i think of it as the monaro and i like it.lol

I think these pics speak for themselves........urgh!!

Someone give them the HSV GTO already
    I dont mind the front, It's got that autocross look. But that rear is a insult plase. The VZ HSV GTO Rear would fit in heaps better, But if thats what they want it's funny
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

But i cant understand why it needs to be made so differnt almost to the point where its ugly just so it's not the Aussie Monaro?

i dont care how ugly it is. its a foreign design representing something very important in american auto history. not only that, its supposed to be a muscle car. refined people mover luxury muscle car's more like it. what happened to the incredible rumble of power and everything we know msucle cars for?

Well after the VZ HSV GTO cracked 5sec in the coupe, I'm sure the Pontiac GTO with same donk will crack into the 4's also
    So whats wrong with that performence???

Quote Originally Posted by CdocZ
    the gto.....shouldve been more muscle car like. i mean, why cant they take some design cues from the old one? the new vette has a bit of stingray in it, it looks incredible, and the new mustang? it looks rather good imo. but they had to go, not even design their own car! they had to steal the design from someone, and then they made it into basically a really powerful people mover, and call it the remake of the greatest muscle car made. WTF! not an american design, representing AMERICAN heritage. one of th concepts looked exactly like what a moder gto should look like in my view. this new thing? it might be fast and all, but as the muscle car its suppsoed to be? it should be shot!
    It aint a people mover. Its a two door coupe version of a sedan. Nissan do it, Mercedes do it BMW do it, etc. If the definition of being more muscular is to have bolt on plastic everywhere youve lost the plot. The original muscle cars were muscular because they had powerful motors. And maybe a spoiler and a black strip here or there. They had crappy handling, brakes and suspension so I suppose GM could put rear drums on it and leaf springs. Corvettes are more sports cars than muscle cars imo but each to his own. The fact is many Americans cannot accept it because it is not made in the USofA. Boo Hoo. The engine is and to me that is more of a defintion of a muscle car than spoilers, skirts and any othe rice.
    This latest model is the most crass, contrived effort yet. The original Monaro had class and a graceful style. Even the Current Aussie version was able to take that and strengthen it wthout going ott. (except for the bonnet scoops). I actually thought it was designed for the US but I see that market needs further mods. I wonder if this abomination will have a positive affect on sales?
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

yes, and they were all american designs too. the car itself isnt bad, its just that this was supposed to be a remake of an american designed car that had a massive v8. first:not an american design, they had to literally just steal it from another entire country! second:the engine IS indeed a v8, and a rather big engine. but, it doesnt really fulfill its purpose, as it is about .7 liters smaller then the original, which it is supposed to imitate. it just doesnt feel like the muscle car its supposed to be to me. when i first learned they were re-making it, i was expecting something a LOT more like the old ones, AND felt/looked like a real gto, or any muscle car for that matter. it just doesnt dop it for me i guess

it was a bit of a misjudgement by pontiac to label it as a GTO. they clearly forgot about the rabid fanaticist patriotism of some americans who don't realise it but are actually in the market for an old GTO, not a new one. pontiac is american, didn't they realise the amount of expectation people would have at the thought of a new GTO?

Thread Information