Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Your first ride was.....

Your first ride was.....

What was your first ride?

Mine was:White 1979 Peugeot 504 (L)

Dark blue/purple 97 VW Golf 4 door, 2.0 I-4 8 valve, 5-speed. I still have it. Cause I'm 18, jobless and live at home.

See signature...

1974 Porsche 914

1963 EK Holden. My Grandfathers car. I thrashed its gutless 138cu into submission ending with blown main bearings. I have to wonder how young guys now are going to fare. My EK had a whopping 56kw which restricted, somewhat, the potential danger as far as speed gos. These days you can get into a VN Commodore for a couple of grand which has more power than the standard V8 we used to drive around in. Makes them lethal for reckless, inexperienced drivers.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

Originally posted by crisis
    1963 EK Holden. My Grandfathers car. I thrashed its gutless 138cu into submission ending with blown main bearings. I have to wonder how young guys now are going to fare. My EK had a whopping 56kw which restricted, somewhat, the potential danger as far as speed gos. These days you can get into a VN Commodore for a couple of grand which has more power than the standard V8 we used to drive around in. Makes them lethal for reckless, inexperienced drivers.
    Meant to include a pic. Not actually mine but you get the idea. A horror really.
    Attached Images Attached Images

my first car...

My first car was a 1.9l BMW Z3. A very nice car, not very powerful but very fun. I have done every freaky things with this car. Burn out, donuts and an accident . I have lost my driving license for the first time with this toy. The speed limit of the 4 cylinders was 200km/h exactly 196km/h.

Now I plan to buy my second BMW. I plan to buy a 6-series in 1 year. I hope I will get enough money for that.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Il me faut une caisse dans les 300 et le GPS

BMW Z3 1.9L (sold)
    Mercedes SLK 230 (sold)
    Jaguar XK8 (sold)
    Porsche 996 Carrera 4 (for sale)
    2004 Mini Cooper
    Mercedes 2005 SLK 55 AMG (ordered)

Thanks everyone

ive never had a first car im 13)

Quote Originally Posted by Swissbeatz
    My first car was a 1.9l BMW Z3. A very nice car, not very powerful but very fun. I have done every freaky things with this car. Burn out, donuts and an accident . I have lost my driving license for the first time with this toy. The speed limit of the 4 cylinders was 200km/h exactly 196km/h.

Now I plan to buy my second BMW. I plan to buy a 6-series in 1 year. I hope I will get enough money for that.
    good luck once you will buy it you will never regret it BMW s are very confotable,sexy,powerful,atrack everybody s attention.....

but why dont you buy a M6 or a M6CSL that is if you like sports car {SUPPER SPORT CAR }

Lucky man

Quote Originally Posted by white devil
    good luck once you will buy it you will never regret it BMW s are very confotable,sexy,powerful,atrack everybody s attention.....

but why dont you buy a M6 or a M6CSL that is if you like sports car {SUPPER SPORT CAR }
    A 645Ci should cost around $70,000 USD, while the M6 would probably cost over $120,000.
    Swissbeatz, you must have some kinda career to be able to afford that kind of car, wish I had that kind of money.

Quote Originally Posted by crisis

id have to agree straight line power is so cheap these days
    Dont Drink and Drive home Drift and Slide Home

Especially when you see dumb pricks who have no idea how to control a spin or a car that is starting to oversteer. Ive seen plenty of , unfortunately I have to say young guys, launch out of corners, lose the arse end and not know how to recover. Many just keep their foot down waiting for something to happen and end up fish tailing dowm the road. I learnt to power (?) slide cars and handle oversteer down on a vacant expanse of wasteland by the river near where I live. It was vacant unused industrial land which had wide flat unsealed expanses. We were just having fun but we ended up learning plenty. Some of which was handy in emergencies later on. Our cars were not high powered, which probably helped, but I now instinctively turn into the slightest spin ( although I thought everyone did untill I saw some of these other drivers) and have a feel for how far I can let the tail go. My built in survival instinct means that I have never found the limit of my current car and dont think I ever will try.

mmmmmmm

well i never owned a car yet, so i will talk about the first car i ever drove without anyone's help. (and by help i mean without sitting on someone's lap and steer while they controlled the gas and brakes!!!!! )

i was 10 and it was a 1991 chevrolet caprice station wagon. it was grey and belonged to my friend's dad. he was like 12 at the time and he kinda stole it and took me and a bunch of other guys (we were like 7 or 8) and we all started taking turns at operating something that we all loved so much !!
    it was a glorious day for all of us. quite possible one of my top 10 happiest days ever !!
    ----R.I.P----
    "Misho Ratio"
    2003 - 2004

I work at Volvo and I'm washing cars there (I'm 17 years old) and I drive in cars there (also on the streets). I drove the following cars:

- Volvo S40
    - Volvo S60
    - Volvo S80
    - Volvo V40
    - Volvo V70
    - Volvo XC70
    - Volvo C70
    - Volvo XC90

- Toyota Picnic
    - Volkswagen Passat
    Boem!!!

^Lucky man...