Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Greatest Sports Car Ever Produced By Nissan

well more than likely we'll get them on a special order basis straight from the Japanese factory through Nissan Australia so it might actually be possible to get both the V8 and V6
    I am the Stig

I think that the new Nissan 350z is the best looking Nissan of all time. Especially the way it looks in the JGTC as the replacement for the skyline. How good do these cars look??
    (Its sucks the skylines dont come to England)!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Just under ten seconds, just call it nine point five in round figures! : Murray Walker.

however cool the idea is i highly doubt one car manufacturer will make one model with 2 different engine combinations geard for the same performance level it jsuts doesnt make sense, altho this is the same company that offered the same car and engine in 2 different bodys just because they could, well one could only hope but i just cant see it happening
    UCP's Most Hardcore Burro!

Being human explains everything but excuses nothing

Old cars

The 1972 Skyline GT-R. Just such a beautiful car. Sure it lacks all wheel drive and it doesn't have a lot of power, but its such a well rounded machine. Puts the 240Z to shame really.

Without any doubt, 240Zed.

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Nog
    Without any doubt, 240Zed.

The Datsun/Nissan 240z. Proved you didn't need to pay for a Ferrari to get style.

Nissan has continue to improve ever since.

240z -> 260z -> 280z/zx -> 300zx -> 350z
    GTR R32/R33/R34/R35

But, it took the 240z to start it all.
    We work to live, and to live is to drive a BMW 330i at speed.

https://www.facebook.com/BMW330iMSport/

Going with the broader view of sports cars, Datsun 240Z, for many of the reasons already cited. It offered the performance and styling of European sports cars (OK, maybe not all out ballsy like the 365GTB or Jag E-Type), but at a fraction of the price. And on top of that, it threw in reliability and durability (and a level of overall quality not yet seen on Japanese cars apart from really rare exotics, ala Toyota 2000GT).

Keep Dreaming Of A Revolutionary Skyline

The R35 Already Exists Most Of Us See Them Everyday We Go Outside Unless You Live On A Farm And Your Uncle's You Grand Father, Will The Rice Burner Community Please Go Online And Realize That The Infinit G35 Is The Skyline 350gt In Japan. So Stop Dreaming And Go Out And Buy One And Stop Sweating The Car So Much

Goodess me, that is about the 20th person I have encountered on this forum who wants to shock everyone by how much they know about cars, and spills the beans that the G35 is a skyline!

Oh, no! My fantasy of rice-extreme auto erotica are shattered! Boo hoo!

Actually, most people who care know that you are wrong or at least misguided in your point. The New GT-R is not even called 'Skyline' anymore, and it will be markedly different in look and design, and most crucially in the aspect of performance. It isn't due for over two more years, and when it does arrive I am sure that it will make a lot of noise (whether it is loved or loathed) so we will all know about it.

Back to the topic, Kiwitt I don't agree that Nissan improved. I love the 240 z, but the Z series just got too heavy and became a marketing exercise after that. The 300 zx looked good and had a great engine, but was smitten with corpulent indignities, rendering it far too heavy and not very nimble. The GT-R was much better.
    That depends on what your definition of the word 'is' is - US President Bill Clinton

Thread Information