Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ford Falcon Sprint Rallye

Hi All, Was just doing a search and came across this thread I race a replica Falcon Rallye Sprint in Historic Touring Cars Here in Oz

^ mate any pics would be awesome
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Sure no problems here are a couple pics in action at Mallala this year,

Does anybody have any information on the cars run by Comstock racing in Canada?

Quote Originally Posted by whiteballz View Post
    fail. tasmania is a territory, not a state

And yes, i know its a stupid post from long ago - i couldnt help it.
    even later response... i know people forget tassie exists but have to say that is a new one, to think we are not even a state!
    Last edited by rsfocus; 11-14-2008 at 10:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kurzheck View Post
    Does anybody have any information on the cars run by Comstock racing in Canada?
    my dad would, he has pretty much every article written on the 63 and 64 falcons that raced and rallied. he spoke with the bloke who set up comstock just before he died (i think he died???) and got a heap of info from him... will see what i can get hold of. then again been a while since anybody posted on thi topic so not expectin a reply!

Falcon Sprint Specifications

rsfocus, Any info you can come up with would be appreciated. I would appreciate any design specs you could find. If you see anything about the Lincoln front brakes would be great. I may be able to find some original parts to make my clone correct. Thanks, Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by theusualsuspect View Post
    Hi All, Was just doing a search and came across this thread I race a replica Falcon Rallye Sprint in Historic Touring Cars Here in Oz
    So you probably know Bill Meeke then?

Hey all, What front spindles and brakes are on this beautiful Falcon? Are they the Lincoln brakes used on the Monte Carlo cars? I am trying to find out what year Lincoln they may have come off of. Thanks, Peter.

If this is of interest to any of you guys, this is my car.
    64 Alan mann Falcon, this car was driven by Bo Ljungfeldt in the 64 Swedish Midnight sun Rally. I purchased this car back in 1979 from the garage where I was doing my Mechanics training.
    This car is genuine and very original and is now back on the road here in the UK.
    Try this link, i hope it works.cheers.MySpace.com - Martyn Alan Mann 64 Falcon Restoration

Quote Originally Posted by 64falconsprint View Post
    If this is of interest to any of you guys, this is my car.
    64 Alan mann Falcon, this car was driven by Bo Ljungfeldt in the 64 Swedish Midnight sun Rally. I purchased this car back in 1979 from the garage where I was doing my Mechanics training.
    This car is genuine and very original and is now back on the road here in the UK.
    Try this link, i hope it works.cheers.MySpace.com - Martyn Alan Mann 64 Falcon Restoration
    Welcome to UCP, any plans for serious action?
    btw if this is an ex Alan Mann car, where did it loose its red/gold livery or did it never have it?
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Alan Mann Falcon

Yes this is one of the Alan Mann cars Chassis No 4H13F12540* which Bo drove in the Swedish rally, why he used this car and not the Monte car is a mystery to me. I have the original 60s green Logbook with Alan Mann Racing as first registered keeper. Mat's car is or should be just a few digits from my car, I won't mention his No as it's not my place to.
    My car was never circuit raced but was sold on by Alan Mann 1967 to a chap I knew in fact still know here in the UK. Its original colour was as it is now (Wimbledon White with Guardsman metallic blue flash or stripe between the side trim) My car still retains the original extended leaf spring pickup points and modded front suspension parts.
    My car is back on the road now and I may think about a classic Rally or two in the future but nothing in anger as its quite rare and has been part of my life for nearly 30 bloody years now!!!!!!!
    Cheers. Martyn.

Quote Originally Posted by 64falconsprint View Post
    Yes this is one of the Alan Mann cars Chassis No 4H13F12540* which Bo drove in the Swedish rally, why he used this car and not the Monte car is a mystery to me. I have the original 60s green Logbook with Alan Mann Racing as first registered keeper. Mat's car is or should be just a few digits from my car, I won't mention his No as it's not my place to.
    My car was never circuit raced but was sold on by Alan Mann 1967 to a chap I knew in fact still know here in the UK. Its original colour was as it is now (Wimbledon White with Guardsman metallic blue flash or stripe between the side trim) My car still retains the original extended leaf spring pickup points and modded front suspension parts.
    My car is back on the road now and I may think about a classic Rally or two in the future but nothing in anger as its quite rare and has been part of my life for nearly 30 bloody years now!!!!!!!
    Cheers. Martyn.
    Thanks Martyn, would it be eligible for Tour Auto, or Tour Britannia?
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Good question

Hi, thanks for the interest. To be honest I do not have a clue about eligibility. I am sure I will need to get FIA papers issued but even that I am not totally sure of.
    I am going to visit Brian Lewis ( one of the original Alan Mann Mechanics) as he is keen to see the Falcon. Alan Mann gave me his contact number a few months ago and although Alan was not too interested, Brian is and I suspect he will be all over it!
    Unlike many people out there with rare or historic cars, I have limited finances and cannot afford the sort of costs involved in some of these events and furthermore the thought of damaging the Falcon is a bit worrying to say the least. On the other hand it was built to do this sort of job so maybe.
    I saw photos of Mat's Falcon and the interior is very different from original IE: modern seats- Roll cage etc. All very sensible but not as was unlike my car. I would hate the thought of having to fit a roll cage!
    Thanks again, Martyn.

Indeed, those events are costly affairs, and the organisers will probably require you to upgrade the car with safety devices. It might be interesting to contact Henri Mann, Alan's son, who off late has been getting involved in historic racing. Maybe he can open some doors to get you involved in the more thicker things.

Thread Information