Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: fpv turbo?

fpv turbo?

what do yous reckon of the chances during the next year?

as far as i know it is already approved. the target power is 280 kw. Predictably this has to be less than the GT. I don't know about price, but I think it will be the fastest BA falcon out (including GT) due to it's much lower weight. Of course there is always the GTHO to wait for too...

the XR6T that herrod ran in this years targa tasmania was apparently a prototype FPV turbo and also apparently was painted in the replacement for Blueprint. i think FPV should bring out a lighter version of the GT alongside the normal model, but have the lighter one get rid of things like the rear seats, air con and radio, carbon fibre hood and boot, alluminium suspension and maybe call it a GTR and link it to the Cobra R and how that was a stripped out racer. a GTHO will definately be something to wait for, as it could have the all alluminium, 500hp supercharged V8 infront of a ZF 6 speed auto

check out the bottom of this article:

http://www.editorial.discountnewcars...256D8800011C93

the article says how FPV are working on a blown 5.4, but everywhere else ive read says how its at least 2 years away. and you cant realy lighten a BA, as all the weights in the architecture. maybe youd get it to about 1550-1600kg, but not much more.

the article says ford might put a 280kw T6 in the territory to join a version of the XR6T theyre working on and the blown V8 is to keep a V8 FPV the faster out of the two forced induction cars. they are saying next year, not at least two years. if they managed to get the car down to 1600kg they'd be head over heals, the AU was only about 1550kg anyway

ive been hearing rumours that FPV will call the car something along the lines of sprint or turbine and go away from using single letters or numbers like FTE did. its predicted it'll hit showrooms before mid next year and its surprising how much talk is around that FPV will be cautious for it not to put the GT to shame. if they want to put it to shame all theyve got to do is give the T6 10kw more and they wanna give it 40kw more. go figure

in MOTOR's Bang For Your Bucks they said the XR6T's major downfall was the dodge gearbox, and assuming FPV will put in the same gearbox all their other cars have, it probably wouldnt even need extra power to be a part of the FPV range.

If it only came with the Tremec manual or BTR M97 instead of the T5 and M95 as well as the FPV bodykit, not many people would by it even if the price was righfully justified, it would probably still sit under the XR8 as well and FPV wouldnt do that. GP and David Flint hold a strong relationship together. GP may have said go wild with whatever you want to Flint, but they would sacrifice even more XR8 sales

and i thought 290kW in a ute was crazy! 280kW in a Territory? the last thing we need is 2 tonnes of four wheel drive hurtling towards us at 250 kays an hour, although mind you theyll probably speed limit the damn thing to something stupid like 120

also, i must say i dont really like XR8's. no, im not another dickheaded holden fan, but theres something about them that i just dont like. cant quite pick it, but anyhow. and id love an FPV XR6T, especially if it had the same bodykit as the GT, bonnet bulge included. but itd have to have GTP wheels, cause im pickly like that
    Last edited by E34 Pacer; 11-25-2003 at 07:05 PM.

well the XR8's have been lising a bit of streed cred after being outrun by the turbo, but when FPV make their version of the XR6T i wouldnt be surprised to see them offer all 3 sets of 18" wheels available, ive even seen a GT with XR spec 18's

apparently, FPV have also gotten permission of some tire distribution company, to use the name Tornado. Ford are comping up with some pretty different names lately, firstly it was shockwave as the replacement for Blueprint now the possibility of an FPV Tornado

Well an interesting thing with the BAs is its spawining dealer specails all over the country one sydney dealer is making a cobra speacial and is apprently making in the vicinity of 260 rear wheel KW from a tweaked XR8 and they are making their own specail body kit for it and so on. Also there are the nizpro lads who are making all the XR6 mods and stuff also the hilliers more then likely haveplans for the BA as well it seems to of restored some real conifdence in the ford brand.

yeah thats the Brad Garlick Motorsport XR8, 357kw at the flywheen naturally aspirated, he was trying to sell it for about $65000. the only mod done to the body though is its got a shaker bonnet from redcliffe dyno fitted

id give the paint job and the body kit a miss but ill take the engine tweaks thank you

Thread Information