Thread: Snow in the Desert.

Snow in the Desert.

No, this isnt what a drunk weather man said. its true.

The City of Ras Al Khaimah is in the UAE which is mostly desert (around 95%)but on the 29th of December it snowed on the top of a mountain called Jabal Rais. a blanket of snow covering one kilometre at a height of 5,700 feet when the temperature dropped below zero. the peak dazzled in the sunlight. the UAE is situated in the middleeast which is very close to the Equator & the weather is mostly hot. VVV. hot!. people including myself have never even seen or imagined having snowfall in the region except in ice rinks in hotels. I wouldnt have believed it if i hadnt seen the photo in the newspaper.
    there has been a lot of rainfall in late december & the temperature dropped like a rock. the only reason of the snowfall could be the Tsunami wave's effect since they have affected areas from the Indian Ocean to Sudan in North Africa.

land of the Desert Extreme Challenge Rally
    Yeah eveyrbody it's true. Exactly the same thing in posted in the Global Warming thread. It's unbeliveable how much disaster can happen even when things happen in the water. If the earthquake had happened on land it wouldn't seem like they're a place to stay, if we survivied at all.

Quote Originally Posted by spi-ti-tout
    Yeah eveyrbody it's true. Exactly the same thing in posted in the Global Warming thread. It's unbeliveable how much disaster can happen even when things happen in the water. If the earthquake had happened on land it wouldn't seem like they're a place to stay, if we survivied at all.
    Now i understand your msn tag
    .................................................................................:¦Back Again¦:.................................................................................

land of the Desert Extreme Challenge Rally
    Quote Originally Posted by man 430gt
    Now i understand your msn tag
    I don't get it...

Thread Information