Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gran Turismo 4

Gran Turismo 4

Ok, here we go. I've been playing GT4 for a few days now, and I can tell you that it is amazing. I prebooked it and picked it up on the 28th for 6500 yen, about $80 Canadian. Every other place selling it now has wait lists and its going for about 7800 yen, or approx $100 Canadian.

Best racing game I have ever played. The scale of this game is just immense. There is so much to do. The graphics are brilliant, though there is occasionally a minor fuzz that seems to be related to the sound. There are tons of tracks, 2 snow, 5 dirt, a bunch of different cities and real tracks, including Hong Kong, Soeul, the Nurburgring, and the full Circuit de la Sarthe!! Complete with or without chicanes on the straight. Sarthe and the 'Ring are just awesome to drive. There are so many cars in this game, however, many of the ones on varrious internet lists have been left out. The menus are more akin to GT2 than GT3, though everything is laid out in a logical manner. Tons of races as well. Missions, and of course B-Spec. Unfortunately, as I live in Japan, I cant understand the game completely so I cant really comment on B-Spec.

The gameplay is great. A vast improvement on the physics of GT3 and the realism is more evident in the way that the cars handle. The sound track to this game is large. think GT3 times 5, or so. Music from many different genres, and this is just the J version.

All in all, this game is a worthy successor to the serries. If you liked GT3, get this game. If you liked GT2, get this game. If you have a playstation and like cars and racing, get this game. Its awesome.

Well, back to playing before my holidays end on Saturday
    Fortune and glory, kid. Fortune and glory.

Lamborghini?
    "It feels loud, fast and scary. It feels like someone has torn off your arm and is beating you to death with the soggy end." Clarkson talking about a TVR.

The only complaint MT had about it was it's dearth of supercars like Lambo and such.

Well, I can cross my fingers for an xBox, and if it doesn't come out like that, I guess I'll wait till PS3 comes out so I can get GT4 and GT5.
    TOYNBEE IDEA IN KUBRICK 2001 RESURRECT DEAD ON PLANET JUPITER

No lamborghini. yeah its got a few supercars, Pagani, Ford GT, SLR, Cizeta V16, Saleen, Caddy Cien, Spyker, a few more (mabey 6-9 more), i cant remember, but not nerarly enough.
    Fortune and glory, kid. Fortune and glory.

But the Cizeta V16 is just a Diablo one-off.
    TOYNBEE IDEA IN KUBRICK 2001 RESURRECT DEAD ON PLANET JUPITER

Thanks for sharing your opinion with us. And esperante, sony is not going to release the game on its biggest rivals console. Role on PS3. When is the release sate of the PS3 anyway?
    "The thunder of 1001bhp would send a sonic boom through his carbon fibre shell, crack it in half and leave a wet puddle on the fancy leather seat."

What's a PS3? Are you guys talking about the latest slim version of the PS2? They call them PSTwo or V12 (as in version 12) here in the U.S. but they are NOT selling good...have major laser problems!

Believe it or not people are still looking for the original discountinued PS2s
    " I am a nobody, and nobody is perfect; therefore, I am perfect."

My bumper sticker "If you can read this...I can slam on my brakes and sue you"

Actually its called the psx. Its the totally new version of the PS2. Its just a little bit smaller than the xbox
    "The thunder of 1001bhp would send a sonic boom through his carbon fibre shell, crack it in half and leave a wet puddle on the fancy leather seat."

the PS3 is the next PS........its a totally new console apart from the ps2/ slim ps2.
    the release is said to be somewhere in 2006.
    btw the original PS2's & the slim ps2's were sold out at a couple of places this last x-maz,lol.
    1993 nissan 240sx hatchback(stock) <<drifter, straight liner, road courser

"Horsepower is the force that determines how fast you hit the wall. Torque is the force that determines how far you take the wall with you after you hit it."

"Horsepower sells cars, torque wins races" - Carroll Shelby

"Real cars don't make power at the front wheels....they lift them."

Project Gotham Racing 2 is still waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay much better.
    .................................................................................:¦Back Again¦:.................................................................................

Go to the link in my sig for more pictures. There is also a thread in the Misc area in this site with over a hundred high res pics. With the fulll Japan car list.
    My Site - GTHS

http://www.angelfire.com/ult/gt4hotspot

Quote Originally Posted by man 430gt
    so true
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

Can you get some pics from the game? when does it arrive to europe? "project gotham racing so much better" ??? LOL you guys should try stand up comedy...
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

Only becuase it has the supercars. You have got to try GT4, it's far more real than PGR2. It also has Nur and La Sarth (chicaned and un-chicaned). Nur (and maybe La Sarth) have 24 real hour races. Yes, I said REAL, you actually race for 24 hours.
    "You know what these trees and old people have in common? They're both going in the ground soon!" - Bam Margera

"The day the New York Times defines what Country Music is will be the day I shave my legs with a butter knife." - John Rich, of the country band Big and Rich

I'll be 15 on Feb. 18th, so buy me a drink! (Hint: Don't look at it as the decimal number. <smirks>)

Quote Originally Posted by man 430gt
    YEAH AND FORZA IS COMING OUT IN LESS THAN A MONTH!!!!!!!
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Thread Information