11 61.11%
  • Radeon X600 XT

1 5.56%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NEED HELP from computer experts... about GPU

none don't buy it

i saw nice vga card 256mb one only $93

nVIDIA® GeForce FX 5200 Ushers in New Era of Graphics and Gaming
    The GeForce FX 5200 GPUs deliver best-in class performance and features at a great price. Experience cinematic-quality effects and studio-quality color, and the industry-leading performance and rock-solid driver stability you expect from nVIDIA.

The only DirectX 9 compatible GPUs in their class, the 5200 models are engineered for compatibility with the latest gaming and multimedia software.

nVidia GeForce FX 5200
    For the casual PC user, the GeForce FX 5200 GPU delivers the industry-leading features and performance you expect from NVIDIA. Backed by the renowned NVIDIA Unified Driver Architecture (UDA) and the only GPU in its class to support Microsoft® DirectX® 9.0, the GeForce FX 5200 ensures the ultimate compatibility with the latest gaming and multimedia software.

CineFX Engine
    Powers cinematic effects beyond imagination. With advanced vertex and pixel shader capabilities, stunning and complex special effects are possible. In addition, increased horsepower delivers faster and smoother gameplay.

Learn More
    High-Precision Graphics
    By combining the incredible dynamic range of today's state-of-the-art 3D motion pictures with 128-bit studio-precision color, the GeForce FX GPUs bring you the industry’s best image quality for the most demanding applications.

Learn More
    AGP 8X
    Provides double the bandwidth of AGP 4X—2.1GB/sec. vs. 1.1BG/sec. AGP 8X enables more complex models and detailed textures, creating richer and more lifelike environments. Uninterrupted data flow allows for smoother video streaming and faster, more seamless gameplay.

Learn More
    nView Multi-Display Technology
    The nView hardware and software technology combination delivers maximum flexibility for multi-display options, and provides unprecedented end-user control of the desktop experience.

Learn More
    Digital Vibrance Control (DVC)
    Allows the user to adjust color controls digitally to compensate for the lighting conditions of their workspace, in order to achieve accurate, bright colors in all conditions.

Specifications

GPU/VPU nVidia GeForce FX 5200

Video Memory 256MB

Memory Type DDR

Memory Bandwidth 6.4GB/sec.

Interface Type AGP

Interface Speed 8X

Connector(s) DVI
    TV/S-Video
    VGA
    Attached Images Attached Images

i voted for the 9600 cuz it has the biggest number, but apparently other people like it too!
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

Fx5900xt Pride!!!!!!
    UPC's most heavy Bawls drinker. :D

I dono, because the X series Ati is the newest, its prob you best bet. (id go with the X850 tho )

Ill look up some stats on it to see if its good

I looked it and have come to a conclusion.....

FX 5900 XT vs. 9600 XT = FX 5900 XT
    PCX 5900 vs. X600 = PCX 5900

nVIDIA for life ! ! ! !

ATI has been known to not work with some games. I'd choose Nvidia.

I got a shitty FX5200 128mb but it works fine for me..

Quote Originally Posted by shr0olvl
    and how much money are you able to spend or willing to spend on a video card ? im guessing around $200 ?
    you got that right, around $200-$250.

Quote Originally Posted by CoTTerik
    ok now if u want advise, take it from me ive had years of experience deciding these things If you're going to go with a certain company, its ATI Radeon
    nope, just personal use. 3d modeling, 3d animation, games (of course) and something like that.
    Reach for the moon! Even if you miss, you'll still be among the stars!

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoChimp22
    I dono, because the X series Ati is the newest, its prob you best bet. (id go with the X850 tho )

Ill look up some stats on it to see if its good
    yeah good except for its price.

Quote Originally Posted by Spastik_Roach
    ATI has been known to not work with some games. I'd choose Nvidia.
    what games and what was it problems? can it be fixed by installing some software or drivers? i've no experience using ATI. all my previous PC is using GeForce; GeForce 2 and GeForce 4.

i might be a bit late/somebody already said this, but a 9600XT has 256 mb, as does the 9600 PRO. i have the PRO, my brother has the XT.
    halo 2 - november 9

Quote Originally Posted by tmntmail_ppn
    you got that right, around $200-$250.

nope, just personal use. 3d modeling, 3d animation, games (of course) and something like that.
    Dependant on which 3d software you have/ want you might want to see which graphics cards they reccommend.

I have a feeling that Alias and Maya are supposed to be better with ATI cards for example.
    Thanks for all the fish

Quote Originally Posted by tmntmail_ppn
    what games and what was it problems? can it be fixed by installing some software or drivers? i've no experience using ATI. all my previous PC is using GeForce; GeForce 2 and GeForce 4.
    I've also heard that it has had problems with certain games like it wont work well with Battlefield Vietnam and other games like that, but to answer your question if you can fix it, its no, thats why many computer people like nvidia better.

From what i know the FX models are a little unreliable and tend to overheat.
    Go the ATI Radeon
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

Quote Originally Posted by shr0olvl
    I've also heard that it has had problems with certain games like it wont work well with Battlefield Vietnam and other games like that, but to answer your question if you can fix it, its no, thats why many computer people like nvidia better.
    well, according here: http://www.gamepc.com/labs/view_cont...=mrpcie&page=7 all cards has poor performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks
    Dependant on which 3d software you have/ want you might want to see which graphics cards they reccommend.
    i use 3dmax and autocad.

Quote Originally Posted by danno
    i might be a bit late/somebody already said this, but a 9600XT has 256 mb, as does the 9600 PRO. i have the PRO, my brother has the XT.
    9600 has both 128MB and 256MB.

Quote Originally Posted by pubbaa
    i saw nice vga card 256mb one only $93

nVIDIA® GeForce FX 5200 Ushers in New Era of Graphics and Gaming
    The GeForce FX 5200 GPUs deliver best-in class performance and features at a great price. Experience cinematic-quality effects and studio-quality color, and the industry-leading performance and rock-solid driver stability you expect from nVIDIA.

The only DirectX 9 compatible GPUs in their class, the 5200 models are engineered for compatibility with the latest gaming and multimedia software.

nVidia GeForce FX 5200
    For the casual PC user, the GeForce FX 5200 GPU delivers the industry-leading features and performance you expect from NVIDIA. Backed by the renowned NVIDIA Unified Driver Architecture (UDA) and the only GPU in its class to support Microsoft® DirectX® 9.0, the GeForce FX 5200 ensures the ultimate compatibility with the latest gaming and multimedia software.

CineFX Engine
    Powers cinematic effects beyond imagination. With advanced vertex and pixel shader capabilities, stunning and complex special effects are possible. In addition, increased horsepower delivers faster and smoother gameplay.

Learn More
    High-Precision Graphics
    By combining the incredible dynamic range of today's state-of-the-art 3D motion pictures with 128-bit studio-precision color, the GeForce FX GPUs bring you the industry’s best image quality for the most demanding applications.

Learn More
    AGP 8X
    Provides double the bandwidth of AGP 4X—2.1GB/sec. vs. 1.1BG/sec. AGP 8X enables more complex models and detailed textures, creating richer and more lifelike environments. Uninterrupted data flow allows for smoother video streaming and faster, more seamless gameplay.

Learn More
    nView Multi-Display Technology
    The nView hardware and software technology combination delivers maximum flexibility for multi-display options, and provides unprecedented end-user control of the desktop experience.

Learn More
    Digital Vibrance Control (DVC)
    Allows the user to adjust color controls digitally to compensate for the lighting conditions of their workspace, in order to achieve accurate, bright colors in all conditions.

Specifications

GPU/VPU nVidia GeForce FX 5200

Video Memory 256MB

Memory Type DDR

Memory Bandwidth 6.4GB/sec.

Interface Type AGP

Interface Speed 8X

Connector(s) DVI
    TV/S-Video
    VGA
    My GeForce/4 has as much memory bandwidth as that
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"