Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Renault to revive Alpine

Renault to revive Alpine

Patrick Blain from Renault marketing division mentioned that his company aims to reveal several supercars in nearest future. Moreover, he didn't mean any modifications of already existing models like Clio F1 Team R27, but the all-new models. As Blain said, this can happen est. in 2010. As for the names, the French company thinks about possibilities of Alpine brand revival.

drive.ru
    Not much, sorry.

We had early notice of this in the UK as Renualt had to buy the rights to the Alpine name here. Which they did. No point doing that if theyt didnt' intend using the name Not too bothered about when but it better be the RIGHT vehicle !
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

I've heard about it. Not sure if they're going to do it or not though.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    I've heard about it. Not sure if they're going to do it or not though.
    I think they will - it's kind of fashion nowadays.

i wonder how they'll go about this - seeing an A610 i think it was, in person for the first time earlier this year, made me think about it then; but i don't know if the renault of today can pull it off.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

I'd hope so, the A110 was a sexy little bugger.
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Quote Originally Posted by whiteballz View Post
    I'd hope so, the A110 was a sexy little bugger.
    yeah, i can't remember which one it was, but the one at PI (not in melb) had those funky padded coccoon/bucket seats, i hope they can bring that back
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

We saw an A610 I think opposite all those porkers in melbourne. the blue one - thats one was pretty compared to cars from that era.

however, what would a new age alpine be?

Following the trend of giant dashboards? or would it be minimalist to the point of the originals?
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

i like to think it'd be like a french TVR or something. lots of lightwieght fibreglass, engine towards the centre, i don't know lol. i don't know if they'll pull it off.

I bloody well hope they do - french quality with crazy power/weight should be like a peugeot concept car actually being produced!
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

It'll be a shadow of the original I imagine if it ever gets made...

Quote Originally Posted by whiteballz View Post
    french quality
    Best laugh of the day, especially when associated with Renault

[QUOTE=it better be the RIGHT vehicle ![/QUOTE]

By which I'm sure you mean it better be rear-engined.

Looky what I found:

According to some homely bloke named Vince Burlapp, Renault is thinking of basing the next Alpine on the Nissan 350Z:
    The Hollywood Extra: New renault Alpine

And then there's this rather more attractive (and intriguing) photo I found on Google images:
    Attached Images Attached Images

I gave my treasured die-cast model of an A110 to a friend who's gone to teach English in France at her going-away party (in which we burned in effigy a coat-hanger model of the Eiffel Tower swaddled in kerosene-soaked toilet paper).
    In exchange, she's supposed to bring me back at least five newly-discovered cheeses.

I told her any true Frenchman would recognize the A-110 immediately and demand to marry her, or at least be a drinking buddy.

Stands to reason, doesn't it?

Well here's the latest conjecture ......

Renault Alpine
    Revealed: Rebirth of the Alpine
    Just as Fiat has revived the legendary Abarth nameplate, Renault is intending to follow suit by breathing new life into Alpine
    Text: Chris Thorp / Photos: Rene Demarets/Auto Plus/Stefan Baldauf 28th November 2007

All-new Alpine will blend heritage in its design with performance to match the likes of Nissan’s 350Z.

A fiery French fancy is ready to make a comeback – and Auto Express can reveal exactly what Renault fans have got to look forward to!

Take a peek at the firm’s next big thing: the all-new Alpine, set to go on sale in the UK in around 2010. As well as targeting the likes of Mazda’s MX-5, it aims to tempt buyers away from more costly rivals such as the Nissan 350Z. As our picture shows, the modern-day Alpine harks back to the past for inspiration, with cues from the Sixties A110 sports car.

Our contacts in France have come up with fresh information about the project that will help to relaunch one of Renault’s best-loved cars. The Alpine will draw fans into showrooms and let the firm cash in on its impressive motorsport heritage.

While recent reports suggested the Alp­ine badge would be used on many models as the answer to Honda’s Type R or VW’s GTI, we can confirm the nameplate will first appear on a stand-alone car. And it’s sure to turn heads.

Designers are busy putting the fin­ishing touches to the body, but engineering work is also well underway. Most of the testing is carried out in secret, although our spies have snap­ped a Mégane-based mule doing hot laps at Germany’s Nürburgring. Shown here, the blue hatch appears similar to a standard Renaultsport model. But look closely and you will see widened wheelarches and prototype rims.

Piling on the development miles will be crucial to give the Alpine hand­ling to match its sharp styling. Power is likely to come from a compact turbo­charged petrol engine, and reports suggest this could be mid-mounted for optimum cornering balance.

The existence of the two-seater has already been confirmed by a senior figure at Renault. He told Auto Express: “We will introduce a small sports car and use our grand prix image to sell it. Formula One has a high level of safety and reliability. We want to produce a road model with the same qualities as our race entry.”

But the car won’t be as extreme as the old Sport Spider, which was axed in 1999 after its hardcore character prevented it from being a mainstream success. Offering greater prac­ticality and refinement, the modern Alpine-badged model is set to be a sports car suitable for everyday use.

from Renault Alpine | Auto Express News | News | Auto Express

Engien in the wrong place ... no thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Thread Information