Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Chevrolet Corvette (C6) 2005-2013

Auckland, New Zealand & Balikpapan, Indonesia
    the vette c6 is an okay car IMO... if i was to choose between an M3 and C6 i'd take the bimmer, but if speed is what you're after... then c6 is the best choice. but if you're looking for looks, luxurious, comfort, and speed.. then take the M3 ( i'm being a smartass here) but to say that the german engineers are the best i'm not too sure about that...
    "Rejection is better than regret. It's better to try and know you did your part, than to spend the rest of your days wishing you had tried"

Quote Originally Posted by r1ckst4
    but to say that the german engineers are the best i'm not too sure about that...
    Its like saying McDonalds is the best .. it may be better than Burger King, KFC etc but dinner at the Ritz is surely better?

Quote Originally Posted by :Exige:
    But most of the time it is true! .. try asking BMW owners why they opted for the BMW and if they tried other cars Trust me.
    You can say that about ANY car. It just depends on who you talk to. There are plenty of people who buy a Vette simply because it's a Vette. They don't care about it's performance. They don't care about it's history. They don't care about how it compares to other cars. They just buy it because it's a car. Nearly every car out there will have some owners who are like that.
    I'm going to eat breakfast. And then I'm going to change the world.

Exactly - each to their own... anyone who loves a particular car will try to defend it.
    UCP's MR2 Turbo Guru

Quote Originally Posted by :Exige:
    Im 16 in April .. means I can legally ride a Moped .. a 50cc one
    A 50cc moped?? Gosh - I'm totally in awe.
    UCP's MR2 Turbo Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Matt
    You can say that about ANY car. It just depends on who you talk to. There are plenty of people who buy a Vette simply because it's a Vette. They don't care about it's performance. They don't care about it's history. They don't care about how it compares to other cars. They just buy it because it's a car. Nearly every car out there will have some owners who are like that.
    Thats kinda what I was trying to say when I said about Corvettes reminding me about American patriotism. Personally Id have neither

Quote Originally Posted by DieselRacer
    A 50cc moped?? Gosh - I'm totally in awe.
    Don't mock, that's the same as here !!!
    Didnt' you get on a moped when you were 16 just to save walking up and down and get a BIT of a thrill and experience before going for a car ?

How old are you ?
    Bet is you only got a chance in your dad's Ford Zephyr on your 17th
    Come on fess, up you're mocking show us it was better "for you"
    .... do i sense the sound of silence ... ??
    Crazy given if you live on the Isle of Man ( part of Britain ) then you can ride moped at 15 and car at 16. AND no speed limits
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    Don't mock, that's the same as here !!!
    Didnt' you get on a moped when you were 16 just to save walking up and down and get a BIT of a thrill and experience before going for a car ?

How old are you ?
    Bet is you only got a chance in your dad's Ford Zephyr on your 17th
    Come on fess, up you're mocking show us it was better "for you"
    .... do i sense the sound of silence ... ??
    Crazy given if you live on the Isle of Man ( part of Britain ) then you can ride moped at 15 and car at 16. AND no speed limits
    Hi Matra,

I'm nearly 30.. and recently was driving about in a Lotus Exige, and a Toyota MR2 Turbo (300bhp). Alas, both cars are sold now so I'm stuck with my crappy 5yo Peugeot 406 TD. Well... its not that crappy, I can still get some speed out of it if there's a decent 5mile stretch of road

I didn't have a moped at 16, some of my sad friends did, personally I preferred to take the bus. - but I had a Peugeot 205 1.4 which was quite nippy at the age of 17. After that I progressed to an Audi and various Fords (never again), and a rather nice Ford Orion at one point which was damn quick.
    UCP's MR2 Turbo Guru

Quote Originally Posted by DieselRacer
    I didn't have a moped at 16, some of my sad friends did, personally I preferred to take the bus.
    Sorry, DR, bus or moped - bus is for grannies
    but I had a Peugeot 205 1.4 which was quite nippy at the age of 17.
    ROFLMAO
    Remeber those, you needed to do the Fred Flintstone feet to overake the mop[eds then
    a rather nice Ford Orion at one point which was damn quick.
    Jeez, I try to forget the Orion Ghia I owned. It was fine for th ewife and kids but just sooooo much a POS

Sorry, DS, you shoudn't say ANYTHING against a kid wanting to get on a moped as early as they can !! It will introduce them to SLOW transport early enough so they dont' make those mistakes
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    Sorry, DR, you shoudn't say ANYTHING against a kid wanting to get on a moped as early as they can !! It will introduce them to SLOW transport early enough so they dont' make those mistakes
    Very true I suppose... we've all had our sh*t cars in the past though, eh? I just get annoyed with all these SLOW mopeds that keep getting in my way! It also scares the sh*t out of me that kids are out there on the road with all the lunatics about. I'd rather wait until 17 to get a car and have half a ton of metal around me whilst on the roads here.
    UCP's MR2 Turbo Guru

Chevrolet Corvette C6 #10
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Fasten seat belt while seated

Chevrolet Corvette C6 #11
    Last edited by lfb666; 05-08-2005 at 01:15 PM.

Chevrolet Corvette C6 #12

Chevrolet Corvette C6 #13

Quote Originally Posted by Bimmer Freek
    Not only are those pices of **** ugly but they couldt hndle a turn at more the 50 mph they are way to pricy for it being an american junker but my e36 m3 would smoke it in every aspect of racing. Drag racing turning acceleration and plus for that price it wont be moving that fast in 4-5 years so stick with the german automobiles the best engineerers in the world
    Your utter stupidty gives BMW fans a horrid name. Not only are you wrong but the Corvette will run circles around the E36 and E46 M3's. This is not opinon, this is proven facts by magazines.

Thread Information