Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: First car you ever Drove

First car you ever Drove

This is the thread where you can come and post the first car that you ever drove and all the details about how you drove, if it was good, bad, or indifferent. Oh yeah, and tell us how you liked the way the car drove and everything.

I'll start it out -
    First car ever drove was a 1994 Buick skylark, me and my dad went out and he gave me a few lessons on how to drive, and i really sucked at driving. I mean really, i didnt know much about it, i mean i had one foot on the gas pedal and one on the brake and i would make the car jump every time I started to go. oh yea, i didnt even know how to turn on the blinker

But for the car, it was pretty bad. real bad shape, drove like crap and made funny noises and was hard to steer too. but now, i drive like a pro and know everything

next !

2001 VW beetle tdi 5-speed

It was at a club race event, I was blindfolded and had my dad directing me where to go around a set up very technical course. It was really fun, only stalled it once switching inbetween first and reverse.
    "We went to Wnedy's. I had chicken nuggest." ~ Quiggs

Quote Originally Posted by johnnynumfiv
    2001 VW beetle tdi 5-speed

It was at a club race event, I was blindfolded and had my dad directing me where to go around a set up very technical course. It was really fun, only stalled it once switching inbetween first and reverse.
    impressive, showoff First car I drove was about 6 years ago when my dad brought me to my old school's parking lot in his ford taurus and showed me some of the ropes.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

'85 model landcruiser, around a national park, 3 years ago when i first started driving. i can't really tell you how it drove, because there was no roads

well, when i was probably 6 my dad would let me sit on his lap and steer in the drivway in his old volvo stationwagon (dont even remember what model). first car i really started driving was his currect BMW 740iL. i started just driving in the driveway and now he lets me drive all over town (even though i dont have my learners permit yet, shhh dont tell) also driven my moms suburban, and my bros camry.

EDIT: oh, and the most fun car i drove was a 325i. my dad and i took it to a parking lot and i just through it around for half an hour. he let me put it into turns really fast. awesome.
    [url]www.spenserheaps.smugmug.com[/url]

when i was about 5 or 6 my dad was keen on showing me how to reverse a car correctly (one wonders why.....) so i managed alright in our old Red Magna wagon, fortunately automatic.

Then i graduated into our little Honda City Pro, in which i managed to not only bunny-hop tremendously (It was a manual) but run over my new bike at the same time.

And to think i wonder why my dad is a bit apprehensive about driving lessons in our Jeep........
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

when i got my permit about a year ago on day 1 my dad let me drive his 2004 s430 with amg sport package. it rides pretty nice but the brake pedal has terrible reaction. you press it down and it actually starts to slow the car down after about 2 inches of the way down. other than that i loved it
    IF ANYBODY KNOWS ANY INFO REGARDING FERRARI ENZO SERIAL NUMBERS/ (COLORS IN) LOCATIONS/ ANYTHING AT ALL THAT IS RELATED TO THIS....PM ME WHAT YOU KNOW. THANKS

"The Ferrari is the girl you bring home to your parents. The Lamborghini is the wild slut you sleep with on the weekend." -Road & Track

brazilians are hot

g35 sedan. LOVE THAT THING! ok, sure, it can be better in a few things, but it isnt bad at anything.....awesome car!
    "I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring" - Richard Feynman, last recorded words.

Hopefully soon it will be a Honda Concerto with a noisy exhaust, in a paddock

my first car was 1975 Fiat 03 5sp. I was about 9 my dad taught me how to dive manual It was so cool.
    Some Rulers Are Immortalized In Marble Others,
    In Carbon Fiber.{Hard Core Audi Fan}Ich Fahr Omnibus!
    """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

First time in an Automatic: 2003 Dodge Durango. What a boat! Jeez, but the thigns got pick up. hard to turn and did a number of curb jobs first time out if I remember correctly. I was driving in this parking lot though and it was a big circle so it was just like around, around around.

First time in a stick car was a '98 Jeep Wrangler. Hard as hell for first time stick users!! Clutch is rather heavy and the gear shifter is a bit odd, hard to shift. But right when I was getting used to it we got rid of it, then I had to learn on my brothers '02 Hyundai Accent, which is soooo much more forgiving. I still killed like a million times before I got good.

like i told you earlier shro0vl-the first car i ever drove was in egypt, it was a Peugeot 504 estate. it belonged to our private taxi driver. we were loading our luggage from the train station and i got in to the front pasengers seat. the guy asked me to hand him his water so i did-and hit the stick into 1st. the car coasted quite a bit untill i jumped int the drivers seat and after some panick about hitting the nice new C5 i my path i threw it in reverse and gased it. the car, having 93hp took a while to kick in but i quikly let my foot of the gass a little and brought the car to its original resting point.
    Don't bother me, I'm probably working while posting...

UCP's biggest...oh man...i got nothin'

Actually the first car I drove was actully my dads 2003 silverado 1500. Thats the vehicle I learned to drive on

First car I ever drove was my parents' 1984 Ford LTD... quite the hot-rod, LOL.

I learned to drive and got my DL in '93... so I guess I've been driving for about 12 years now...
    ...Utah! Get me two...

The day after I got my permit, my mom's boyfriend took me across the street to a small parking lot in the Golf. First time I let out the clutch, there was a loud scream and a cloud of white smoke as the right front tire went up. I kept going. About 50 feet later the tire finally caught the pavement.

"Heh, that was cool..."
    "No, no it wasn't."

Then there was the time about 3 weeks later (still getting the hang of first gear on hills) I did yet another burnout from a stoplight. Unintentionally, of course. Right in front of a very nice police officer, who demonstrated with his hands how I should have been moving my feet. On our way home, we passed him again. That time I got it going alright, and he smiled and gave me a thumbs up.

Now I just spin the tires on purpose. Maybe that's why I needed my fronts replaced after 8 months.

Automatics are a completely different story. First time I really had to drive one was when the VW was having a new tranny put in (read that part about burnouts again?). I had to drive our 1989 Olds Custom Cruiser. A 305ci, carbed, 4 speed column shifter, tank with 1970s style. I was at work, and I always parked nose out. So I get in, fire that bad boy up, put it in what I think is D. Step on the gas. Car goes backward. I slam the brakes and look in the mirror. I'm about 2 inches from the chain link fence I parked at. I've never driven that car again. I can't drive automatics.
    Last edited by Quiggs; 01-12-2005 at 07:07 PM.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Thread Information