Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Your own car!!

Pretty much everything is stock, accept for the wheels and the shock-absorbers.
    I think, sometime, when I've got some cash again, I'll change some things in the engine (maybe chiptuning or something).
    [B]...Cuore Sportivo...[/B]

Here are some pics of my ex: (sold last year)

And this was when I tried to smoke a 535...he eventually beat me but I put up a pretty good fight. The idiot did an (probably) involuntary semi burn-out so I had a jump start.

To explain things a little bit for the connoisseurs (I know there are a few among you) this isn't a Renault 12. It's a Dacia 1300, romanian version of the Renault 12 & it was made in 1974. The original 1.3L 54HP engine was replaced with a Renault 5 Turbo one(not by me, the previous owner), gearbox taken from a Renault Fuego (very crappy) & the suspension kit was transplanted & custom fitted from a Dacia Nova Rally Kitcar. With some other minor "adjustments" (new injection kit, sparkplugs, exhaust, airfilter & new gear ratios) the car turned out to be a pretty fast little bugger. The Billstein shock absorbers could easily give you a severe headache after a little "piloting" and you could give a lot of "fast cars" a run for their money, especially with the car's wolf in sheep clothes appearance. The power is in the range of 140-145HP at the wheels (yes FW drive), as tested on the test bank (dyno as you call it) so I guess it has about 170HP at the flywheel. From some not very trustful sources (wrist watch with chronometer) the 0-100km/h(0-62mph) are about 6.8-7.2sec & the 0-400m(qt mile) times are around 14.6-15.4sec.(depending on the road surface & reaction time of-course ). I know it isn't much but I trully loved this car & it was a hell of a lot of fun to drive (only 850Kg without me in it). Unfortunately it's gone now, I sold it cus of some financial problems (I'm still a student), but I'm especially proud of it because it was the first car I ever bought with my own money, my previous car was a tuned 190E, a 1 year project funded entirely by my father. I loved the both cars equally & each of them has a special place in my heart, hope you liked the pictures!
    "Fate?Fate's just an illusion which takes the fear away.You trust fate?I trust no one.I'm not paranoid.I'm just independent.I spin the other way.I have no notion of time.I'm myself's whore.I know nothing but my needs,my ego,my thoughts,my cares,my loves,my hates,my world.Who am I?...I'm you."

Renault Fuego

you like??
    Attached Images Attached Images

Remove the ugly US-market bumpers and yes, it was all right

Thread Information