Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Brad Reviews A Bunch Of Albums For No Apparent Reason...

Quote Originally Posted by Vindesh17
    who the hell is pink flyod?
    Oh deary me!!!

To cut a long story short they were pretty much the biggest and best rock band on the planet in the 70s (along with Led Zeppelin, the Stones etc).

Just Google it if you want more info, though you'll probably return about 6 million results!
    uәʞoɹq spɹɐoqʎәʞ ʎɯ

vindesh, you should be banned because your blatantly just trolling the forums trying to piss people off. you asked the same question three hours ago and several peopel, including me got mad at you, and then it was explained. then you go and dig up this damn old thread just to piss everyone off.
    [url]www.spenserheaps.smugmug.com[/url]

Hi

I know this is an old thread, but I was searching on something else, and came by it...

Just wish to thank OP for the reviews - I share your tastes somewhat

However, must point out - Crime of the Century isn't a concept album! Both Rick and Roger have stated many times. Yes, it does have themes of insanity, loneliness, despair, etc (similar to The Dark Side of the Moon); but this is just because the songs happened to be like that.

Jimmy Cream isn't Syd, tho' it might be nice to think of the piece like that. It was more a slightly updated take on gothic/victorian melodrama.. sorry!

Tho' Dreamer and Rudy were frequently played back to back, they are separate pieces, one by Roger, the other by Rick. There is no interplay between them other than the juxtaposition on the LP. Rudy's only appearance is on his namesake track. 'If Everyone was Listening' is one of Roger's best hippyesque songs, and 'Crime of the Century' is an environmental protest song...

It is curious to note that the songs 'From Now On' and 'Breakfast in America' also date from this period, but weren't committed to disks for another 2 and 3 LPs respectively..

ATB
    LaughingMan

Thread Information