Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Brad Reviews A Bunch Of Albums For No Apparent Reason...

and i have to emphasize, if you like pink floyd, and you like echoes alot, GO BUY "LIVE AT POMPEII"!!! you wont regret it. and also,

smoke a lot before you watch it
    [url]www.spenserheaps.smugmug.com[/url]

dude the laser show came to town a week ago, i wanted to go
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

haha i guess that has to relate to the very last thing i said. lol otherwise wtf r u talkin about.

oh yeah, sorry i forgot to insert pink floyd, it was "the pink floyd laser show" oops
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

ahh i see. soudns really cool

r1ckst4 is viewing this right now. I'm just hoping he does'nt go mad with his lindsay lohan album (If he has one)

One of These Days, Fearless and San Tropez from Meddle are also good tunes.

Anyone know if the version of One of These Days from the much frowned upon PULSE album is available on MP3 anywhere?

I like the "looseness" of that version, which I head on the tape version, which also has a trippy collection of sounds on the 4th side to fill from the end of the encore to the end of the tape. Both of those bits seem to have been dropped from any other format releases.

Having to crack open a tape, and tape player, everytime I want to listen to it sucks quite frankly...
    Thanks for all the fish

ok heres one on animals, another good pink floyd album

an interesting album. begins with "pigs on the wing, part one", then theres "dogs" and "pigs (three different ones)" "sheep" and "pigs on the wing, part 2"
    the album, at first listen, is simply good music. pings on the wing 1 and 2 as well as dogs are all great listens, with the other songs being almost as good, IMO. Gilmore's guitar is great in these songs and stands out. however, when you listen to the lyrics and think for a while, the possible metaphors used really get to you. im not sure what any of it is supposed to mean. possible the picture of a large factory and industrial looking buildings on the cover means it is a metaphor for big business? whatever it all means, is is still a good album.

My review: Rodney Rude: Rude Bastard and Ya mums bum

damn funny, best aussie comedian eva, listen to it - you will leave wondering why u havent listened to him earlier
    House said the perfect woman was a man...now im all confused!!

What is a mile long and hasn't had sex?
    - The line for the PS3

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz_
    My review: Rodney Rude: Rude Bastard and Ya mums bum

damn funny, best aussie comedian eva, listen to it - you will leave wondering why u havent listened to him earlier
    That's a review?
    Cheers,
    -Ads

"We used to come down, doing about 180mph. We take off over the bridge and change down to 4th gear in the air. Go through the righthander with the car drifting, and let it swing out through the lefthander and then slide out to the wall, where we simply stopped it with a flick of the wrists"
    -Vic Elford, on Maison Blanche in a Porsche 917

UCP's Most Hardcore Armchair BTCC Fan & Anthony Reid Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks

Anyone know if the version of One of These Days from the much frowned upon PULSE album is available on MP3 anywhere?
    I have a 10 minute live version on my computer, i'm not sure what album it's from. A friend slapped it onto a CD and I have no idea what live one it's from.

*EDIT* I'll explain what the 'Animals' album is about. If you don't know, it makes no sense.

Roger Waters, a diehard communist, was sick of all the conservative leaders of Britain such as Mary Whitehouse (who condemned their music) and Margaret Thatcher. He decided to make a musical remake of George Orwell's 'Animal Farm,' but instead of applying it to Russia, he applied it to Great Britain and what could happen to it.

Pigs are hippocritical, violent, powerful (but smart) beasts who control everything, ie Whitehouse and Thatcher. They control the
    Dogs, animals that carry out orders for the Pigs, violently killing and slaying, commiting mass brutality, merely becuase they believe what the Pigs say is truth and law. They commit there acts unto the
    Sheep, witless followers of the Pigs. (in the book Animal Farm, if anyone revolted against the pigs, the sheep would chant out 'Four Legs Good, Two Legs Bad!' and drown out the revolter). In this scenario, the Sheep are led by the Dogs (following the Pigs orders) to take the Sheep to a slaughter house. The Sheep are convinced this is right and just, and there is actually a very disturbing parody of the 9th psalm, performed by a distorted Nick Mason...
    The lord is my shepherd, I shall not want
    He makes me down to lie
    Through pastures green he leadeth me the silent waters by.
    With bright knives he releaseth my soul.
    He maketh me to hang on hooks in high places.
    He converteth me to lamb cutlets,
    For lo, he hath great power, and great hunger.
    When cometh the day we lowly ones,
    Through quiet reflection, and great dedication
    Master the art of karate,
    Lo, we shall rise up,
    And then we’ll make the bugger’s eyes water.

At the end of the song 'Sheep,' the sheep finally realize their fate as 'lamb cutlets' and revolt, and the following is quite possibly the greatest Gilmour riff of all time.

Roger Waters had kept in mind the Battersea Powerstation for the cover, and he wanted an inflatable pig to be in front of it. He specifically noted he did not want a superimposed pig. About 50 photographers gathered to photograph the pig (which was so big it took 3 hours to inflate), but many times it leaked or fell from its tether. Eventually, the band setteled on superimposing a pig on the cover.

All in all, Roger Waters (being interviewed about the album), said he made the album because 'the world is a sad, sad ****ing place.' He wanted to settle down and 'not let the album on the wrong tone' with 'Pigs On the Wing,' maybe the only love tune the band ever really performed. He said, 'Basically (Pigs On the Wing) is saying that, in all this shit going on, you still care, and that's what matters.'

This is my second favourite Floyd album, after 'Is There Anybody Out There?' but it is definetely not for the faint of heart. Especially if you can't listen to songs over 4 minutes in lenght (three of them are over 10, and the 2 pigs on the wing are 1:25 each).
    Last edited by Esperante; 01-16-2005 at 12:22 PM.
    TOYNBEE IDEA IN KUBRICK 2001 RESURRECT DEAD ON PLANET JUPITER

Nobody cares about thew Smashing Pumpkins

New Order: Get ready

This was the 6th or so album from the manchester Natives. After a 7 year hiatus following Republic. the band consists of Bernard Sumner on vocals, Peter Hook on bass, Gillian Gilbert on Keyboards, and Stephen Morris on drums. Formed in 1982 following the Death of Ian Curtis, as Sumner, Hook and Morris were all part of joy Division.

The album begins with Crystal, which was released as a single. It returns to the electronic beats and atmospheric bass the band is famous for, at 6:57 it's a bloody long single, but edits can get it down to 4:00.

the next song, 60 Miles Per Hour, was also released as a single, and relies more on the bass notes to push it along, it's another long song, but unlike Crystal, only flashes of brilliance come through, rather than a whole bucketload.

the next song, Turn My Way, feature Billy Corgan of smashing Pumpkins (there you go spastik :P) fame, and is a mellow song following the relative frenetics of the previous songs. The lyrics are a bit non sensical (I don't want to be, like other people are, don't want to own a key, don't want to wash my car.....).....

Vicious Streak, the next song, is an electronic downbeat masterpiece. It's graceful in it's simplicity, although it does get some of the trademark Muddle of sounds New Order is Famous for.

The other songs of the album range from the borderline country (Run Wild) to the full on rock-out manic sounding din (Rock the Shack). But my favourite song from the album is Someone Like You, Track 8. This is a electronic/rock fusion track that ranks up with some of new orders past efforts and still stands proudly. I would say it may be one of the top three songs they've created.

Overall the album earns a 8 out of 10 from a dedicated New Order Enthusiast. Someone not knowing much about th eband may give it less though......
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

w00t Billy Corgan

who the hell is pink flyod?
    2011 Honda Civic Si

ATHEIST and damn proud of it.

Thread Information