Page 5 of 80 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: What American cars do you like?

Any1 read the new Motor, the kia sports version that copies directly off the WRX? i laighed ma ass off when i read that Kia rejected claims of copying deisgns.
    House said the perfect woman was a man...now im all confused!!

What is a mile long and hasn't had sex?
    - The line for the PS3

I never thought i'd hear myself saying this..but

This thread isnt about the new Motor Mag
    I am the Stig

lol i was just stating something i read, which happened to be quite funny, as well as the TYPHOONS EXPULSION FROM PCOTY!!!

- The line for the PS3

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz_
    That is y i still luv my old skool muscle cars, my dads charger, runs 13's all day, reliable as hell, raw power, lacks refinment and that iz what gives it its character, the things that are wrong with it make it so much better than the mercs and beemers that go around town, they even turn thier heads when we zoom by.
    Yeah, it is amazing how reliable the old muscle cars are even when driven hard.
    I wouldn't try to fool anyone- if I bought something like a '69 440 Charger R/T, it would of course be using its ample power every time I drove it. Accelerating through the gears, burning rubber, etc. And I would bet the engine would still be running (without being rebuilt) 10 years in the future.

Hmm so raw power over refinement? i still choose a classic muscle car, eg mustang, charger, over euro trash any day, i can live witout a pish posh interior. I bought the latest model of Motor, read it, it explains how companies such as BMW, try to make driving easier, but end up making things more complicated - e.g the iDrive syste, totally unnessary, and in the end drivers dont get to really use half of the features whacked onto the car.

That is y i still luv my old skool muscle cars, my dads charger, runs 13's all day, reliable as hell, raw power, lacks refinment and that iz what gives it its character, the things that are wrong with it make it so much better than the mercs and beemers that go around town, they even turn thier heads when we zoom by.
    My Bro's mate's AU Ghia 5lt Runs a best time of 15.1. And my Bro's car has beat him 95 Ghia. He would do in the 14's with a 6
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

I bought the latest model of Motor, read it, it explains how companies such as BMW, try to make driving easier, but end up making things more complicated - e.g the iDrive syste, totally unnessary, and in the end drivers dont get to really use half of the features whacked onto the car.
    BMW have lost the plot in so many ways.

And sucks down twice the amount of fuel a similalry poweful modern engine would. And would kill you quicker if things went pear shaped. But thats not the point of old cars. It is more about the romanticism and nostalgia which is fair enough.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

ok, you cant really bash an original muscle car about fuel comsumption. technology wasnt that great back then, i mean, sure there were things with better mileage, but it wasnt anywhere NEAR as varied as it is today (prius vs. enzo)
    "I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring" - Richard Feynman, last recorded words.

Quote Originally Posted by CdocZ
    ok, you cant really bash an original muscle car about fuel comsumption. technology wasnt that great back then, i mean, sure there were things with better mileage, but it wasnt anywhere NEAR as varied as it is today (prius vs. enzo)
    And an Enzo probably gets better fuel economy than any muscle car too.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

yeah, 40 years into the future however, and probably not by much.

Quote Originally Posted by crisis
    And an Enzo probably gets better fuel economy than any muscle car too.
    An extra 2 gears will do that. What's the final gear ratio in the Enzo? Low 3.xx? Opposed to the 3.94 and 4.11's you'd commonly find in a late 60s Chevelle or Cuda. There's lots of ways to look at it.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

yeah.....you can also remember that these cars are almost 40 years old now, and were meant to be cheaper in the first place, not to be the most advanced things around. 40 years of technology is a LOT of change!

Hahahhaha yer there wasnt a prius 40 years ago, id laugh my ass off seeing a bikie drive 1 though

- The line for the PS3

Quote Originally Posted by Quiggs
    An extra 2 gears will do that. What's the final gear ratio in the Enzo? Low 3.xx? Opposed to the 3.94 and 4.11's you'd commonly find in a late 60s Chevelle or Cuda. There's lots of ways to look at it.
    Probably pretty similar, low 3's are cruising gears, why would an Enzo focus on cruising
    I am the Stig

The Enzo's 6th gear is .76:1. To get to its claimed top speed of 217, it'd need a decently low final drive. As well as to make the car drivable in everyday situations. I haven't found the exact number yet, but I'd bet it's in the 3.3-3.4 range. Way less than 3.94.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

3.4-3.6 would be my guess, the engine does rev pretty good remember.
    I am the Stig

Thread Information