Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Important: User Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by carlover
    I would like to know this too. In doesn't show which user gave me the point in my user CP, it just shows me thier comment and whether they gave me a good rep. or a bad reputation,or niether(they had less then 20 points).
    It is priviledged information j/k.

I'm assuming it is so anonymity can be maintained in the case of a negative rep point, when I give a point I let the user know it was me.
    IE: "Totally agree with that comment - NoOne"

Quote Originally Posted by NoOne

I'm assuming it is so anonymity can be maintained in the case of a negative rep point, when I give a point I let the user know it was me.
    IE: "Totally agree with that comment - NoOne"
    but what if someone returns the rep point just because they got a rep point and not because they found a good post of their friend?
    Wenn Sie wissen wollen, was einen volkswagen ein volkswagen macht, treibt es.

Does that mean only moderators and administrators know? And if you become a moderator or administor do they tell you how to figure out in the moderator forums?

Quote Originally Posted by Batmobile_Turbo
    but what if someone returns the rep point just because they got a rep point and not because they found a good post of their friend?
    Personally I would trust that rep points are earned and not given freely, just because "they gave me one". If you look at the people with the highest rep points - I believe Egg Nog and Crisis - see the consistent quality of their posts and you'll realize that they have earned their points through sharing information and giving an informed opinion and not because someone was returning the favour.

Quote Originally Posted by carlover
    Does that mean only moderators and administrators know? And if you become a moderator or administor do they tell you how to figure out in the moderator forums?
    Yes, only the moderators and administrator can access that info.

Actually, the information is easy to access, this is great forum software ... at least from my perspective.

How to improve your reputation? Don't post anything.

I was away for two weeks without having access to the web and having returned i found that my reputation has gone up by five points!!!. Thank you all so much. I am getting reluctant to participate again and tarnish my reputation.

No One, Matra and EggNogg have been seriously dissed by the fact that I have been unable to give them kudos. I understand the thinking behind the restrictions but I want to say sorry guys. I tried.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

Quote Originally Posted by crisis
    No One, Matra and EggNogg have been seriously dissed by the fact that I have been unable to give them kudos. I understand the thinking behind the restrictions but I want to say sorry guys. I tried.
    No sweat, crisis.
    The numbers only a number.
    Having good rapport is the best measure

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    No sweat, crisis.
    The numbers only a number.
    Having good rapport is the best measure
    Hmm, having said that ... I noticed my rep score go down and I was surprised as I didn't think I'd been obnoxious anywhere.
    Anyway when I look at the rep info on my UCP page there are NO comments next to some.
    So people are giving neg rep points and not bothering to say anything.
    One enhancement that might be useful is to FORCE people to put text into the reason.
    It's listed against the A6 thread so I can only assume some Audi-lover objected that I was vocal in saying I didn't like the grille. Wow, getting bad rep for saying what's obvious.
    It makes a mockery of the idea of the rep point.
    If it's meant to improve posts then how will it improve in the future.
    Sh*t I'll just stop adding any comments - soudns as good a way to get rep points than being away

It happened again, I posted nothing and I gained another 4 points.

and within 12 minutes after the above post I got another point, what's happening to the world

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    It happened again, I posted nothing and I gained another 4 points.
    fpv_gtho gives or takes 4 every time he rates... he must've liked something you said

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Nog
    fpv_gtho gives or takes 4 every time he rates... he must've liked something you said
    Where's the option to give more than one point?

For every thousand posts you give or take 1 point, as he has over 3,000 posts his vote is worth 4 points, likewise when you pass the 1,000 post mark your vote will be worth 2 points.

For every thousand posts you give or take 1 point, as he has over 3,000 posts his vote is worth 4 points, likewise when you pass the 1,000 post mark your vote will be worth 2 points.
    That sounds outrageous given that the points issue was to promote quality and not quantity. I am not questioning the quality of FPV's posts, but I think this relationship should not be made.

Thread Information