Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ferrari charity

Ferrari charity

I've heard that Ferrari made a 400 enzo, yes you may be saying theres only 399, but is it true that they are putting up forsale and money will go to the tusami fund?
    .................................................................................:¦Back Again¦:.................................................................................

dont jump so soon to say its true. wheres any proof of any kind
    [url]www.spenserheaps.smugmug.com[/url]

yes it is 100 % true, Ferrari President Luca di Montezemolo announced this when a whole Ferrari delegation of 95 people visited the Pope in Rome before leaving for Spain for testing.

proof of this can be found by visiting the following site: www.italiaspeed.com, and this is in an article forming part of a news item among
    the 10 items or so there right now

Found this.

17/01 - Ferrari will auction car in benefit of victims of tsunami
    The Ferrari will construct a unit of its model "Enzo" to be donated to an auction that it will collect deep for the victims of tsunami Asian. Of the model "Enzo", that it takes the name of the mythical founder of it would escuderia and it is practically a Formula 1 of road, 399 units and vendido to a price of 640.000 euros had only been produced.
    However, the president of Ferrari, Luca Cordero di Montezemolo, ordered to produce a unit of the "Enzo", number 400, so that the auction goes. The decision, bonanza in the history of the house of Maranello, was announced by the director-generality of the Ferrari, the Frenchman Jean Todt, after the private hearing granted to this morning for the Pope Joćo Pablo II In a recent auction, a unit of the "Enzo" reached the cipher of 800.000 euros, therefore it is previsible that of now it surpasses 1 million of euros.

Enzo auction

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Scuderia
    Found this.

17/01 - Ferrari will auction car in benefit of victims of tsunami
    The Ferrari will construct a unit of its model "Enzo" to be donated to an auction that it will collect deep for the victims of tsunami Asian. Of the model "Enzo", that it takes the name of the mythical founder of it would escuderia and it is practically a Formula 1 of road, 399 units and vendido to a price of 640.000 euros had only been produced.
    However, the president of Ferrari, Luca Cordero di Montezemolo, ordered to produce a unit of the "Enzo", number 400, so that the auction goes. The decision, bonanza in the history of the house of Maranello, was announced by the director-generality of the Ferrari, the Frenchman Jean Todt, after the private hearing granted to this morning for the Pope Joćo Pablo II In a recent auction, a unit of the "Enzo" reached the cipher of 800.000 euros, therefore it is previsible that of now it surpasses 1 million of euros.

Enzo auction
    Dino, did you make that translation or was it some Italian
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

I let my browser translate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Scuderia
    I let my browser translate it.
    how would a browser come up with a word like "vendido" or "cipher". Great stuff these instant translators
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

An excerpt about it from the Ferrari press-release:

With this tale the meeting with journalists held immediately the audience with the Pope was wrapped up. During the press conference, held in the Vatican’s Press Office, Jean Todt announced the President Montezemolo had decided to construct an Enzo ‘number 400’. The additional version of the limited edition 12-cylinder will be donated to Caritas before being auctioned and the proceeds sent to the victims of the tsunami in South East Asia.
    ...Utah! Get me two...

Of course the built more than 400.

Prototypes, pre-production development, crash testing, they all needed cars to do that, and they didn't sell them on to the public.

They only made 399 for sale. If they are donating a 400th car to charity, that isn't changing the number of cars that were on sale.
    Thanks for all the fish

Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks
    They only made 399 for sale. If they are donating a 400th car to charity, that isn't changing the number of cars that were on sale.
    The only reason for donating it is that it can become part of the number sold, I don't see any of the victims having any use of an Enzo, they want the equivalent value in money. Ergo, the car will be sold and 400 will be the magic number.

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    The only reason for donating it is that it can become part of the number sold, I don't see any of the victims having any use of an Enzo, they want the equivalent value in money. Ergo, the car will be sold and 400 will be the magic number.
    No it will have some meaning behinde it.
    .................................................................................:¦Back Again¦:.................................................................................

I thought they've already build 400 and put number 400 in the museum
    I think Koenigsegg is Swedish for: "Oh no, my head's just exploded!"

Jeremy Clarkson

Quote Originally Posted by Rijoh
    I thought they've already build 400 and put number 400 in the museum
    No this will most likely be the one to go in the museum.

I thought the 400th car was for the factory museum? Does this mean that their won't be an Enzo in the museum or is their like 403 and they just bust one out of storage for the museum?

Thread Information