Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What do you think about my black Ferrari

Originally posted by motorhead
    how about DARK GREEN
    Dark green Ferrari..... no, in red I like Ferrari's best.
    Friends say that I've always got a smile on my face.

ferrari 360, that yellow pic is incredible. and to henk, i love black cars, and black IS a color. black comes in different hues, shades and finishes. i have a black car. you sound like a car bigot. but you might be onto something about people in black cars being more agressive. im not proud of it but i get flipped the bird almost every time i hit the highway. not to mention the speeding tickets ive piled up.
    Last edited by kennyknoxville; 04-29-2003 at 11:50 PM.

yeah u flipped your bird

technically speaking black is not a color. Color is defined by the presence of pigment, black has no pigment at all. The observation I would like to make is that red cars were associated with aggressive drivers, nowadays this role has been taken over by drivers of black cars. May be they have a sort of death wish?

yea, i passed art in 6th grade too. i get it.

strange, in Holland we learn these things during physics and not in art classes.

Black is a nice colour because of how it looks at night and because of the 'bad-ass-aura' that surrounds it. By the way, for me, the most beautiful car ever was the Black John Player Lotus driven by Senna in 1986.
    Last edited by Arcanjo; 04-30-2003 at 10:41 AM.
    Would it be possible, to play forever?
    The conclusion reached was that a player is inevitably doomed to lose.

Originally posted by henk4
    black cars should be used for funerals and may be for heads of state. black has such a negative connotation. I have always failed to understand why this "color" (which technically speaking isn't even one) has become so popular. I have always wondered why currently drivers of black behave so aggressively in traffic. May be somebody knows the answer.
    Pfff. Give me a break.

Originally posted by LEGALLYINSANE
    Pfff. Give me a break.
    If you give me your opinion I would be pleased to give you a break.

Ferraris also look really good in blue. There are several shades where there is some historic racing link. There is the French blue (like a royal blue or Bugatti blue) that was used on the francorchamps teams. This was a fairly common color in the late 50's. Then, there aree the several very dark shades of blue, generally with a tan interior of some shade.

Also, if my 6th grade art can still be remembered, black is made up of equal parts of all the primary colors. So, in some ways, it is all color. I had an all black 512TR and it was a nice looking car. I have an all black BMW 540is and its pretty nice. However, I like red on the more sporting Ferraris. The 550 and 456 though are really GT sports and GT luxury cars respectively. The 550/575 are more like the older 330/365 GTC's even though the 550/575 doesn't have a back seat. Its more like the Lusso. Anyway, I think the 550 is a more "mature" driver's car and looks (belongs?) in a darker color like black, navy blue, or even dark green (though I don't like Ferrari's in green. Period.)

i like that new light blue ive been seeing on the 360s. its metallic and sorta irridescent.

Originally posted by kennyknoxville
    i like that new light blue ive been seeing on the 360s. its metallic and sorta irridescent.
    Yes, Azzurro California There's a 360 Spider somewhere near where I live in that colour.

Personally, I don't tend to think that red is the best colour for most ferraris. However, it seems to work for their line of supercars This is what I think is best for recent models:

F40 - Rossa Corsa (Race Red)

F50 - Rossa Corsa (Race Red)

Enzo - Rossa Corsa (Race Red)

355 - Pretty much any colour works!

360 Modena - Giallo Modena (Modena Yellow) or Blu Sera Metallico (Blue Evening Metallic)

360 Spider - Azzurro California (California Blue) or Nero Daytona (Daytona Black)

550/575 - Argento Nurburgring (Nurburgring Silver)

456 - Blu Medio Metallico (Medium Metallic Blue)

Here's an interesting site for anyone who's interested:
    Ferrari Colours

Thread Information