Thread: Nissan Zaroot Concept

Nissan Zaroot Concept

NISSAN ZAROOT CONCEPT CAR TO BE UNVEILED AT THE GENEVA MOTOR SHOW

Being shown for the first time at the Geneva Motor Show, the Zaroot is Nissan’s vision of how sporty SUVs could look in the future. It combines traditional SUV values – and a serious off-road ability – with futuristic, sporty styling that marks it out as something different.

Retaining the traditional design cues of an SUV, the Zaroot’s appearance is squared-off, solid and tough looking. It implies strength and security – yet combines these familiar themes with something a little different – a pair of gullwing doors.

The doors dominate Zaroot’s profile, extending from the A-pillar to the rear of the passenger compartment, effectively where the C-pillar would be in a conventional vehicle. There is no B-pillar.

If the pentagonal doors define the character of Zaroot, the ‘arch graphic’ roof line continues a design theme that has featured on virtually all recent Nissan design concepts. Together they bring increased sporting prowess to an area of the market which hitherto has been seen as little more than utilitarian.

Front and rear styling also adds a futuristic twist to a conventional shape. Zaroot’s bluff nose ensures minimum front overhangs and incorporates Nissan’s now familiar double strut grille, though the unusual vertical headlamp cluster brings an almost technical feel to Zaroot’s ‘face’.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I'm going to eat breakfast. And then I'm going to change the world.

Nissan Zaroot Concept #2
    Attached Images Attached Images

kill it.....kill it before it is too late!
    "I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring" - Richard Feynman, last recorded words.

Other than the retarded never-for-production doors, I like it.

thats the main thing i hate about it. looks like its trying to create the enxt cool kind of door, while looking like a retarded molested schizophrenic bat.....
    "I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring" - Richard Feynman, last recorded words.

A pretty nice, original design, minus the aforementioned doors.

I really like this new front end design that Nissan is putting on all of it's trucks/SUV's now. I find it brings the brand together and gives it some identity, yet the variation of the front-end design is different enough on each vehicle to make each one unique. It would be cool if they could do something similar with their cars now.

Interesting, there are some nice effects there but why is everybody and his brother creating concept cars with gullwing / scissor / butterfly doors that they know full well wont make it into production?

Hey, this is a question for all you US guys:

Do you guys get the Nissan Xtrail SUV down there? I've heard from more than one place that Nissan only imported the this truck to Canada but not the US, but I've never really got any conformation.

No, we don't get the XTrail, but we get the Xterra which is similar in shape, size and purpose.

Thanks Matt.

It's actually somewhat smaller than an Xterra (we have these too), I'd say more CRV or RAV4 sized.
    Last edited by racerx; 02-01-2005 at 11:11 AM.

We get them in the UK...They're actually quite good and I'd rather take one than a Freelander lol that's where the foglamps in the roof rails come from btw

Thats one ugly son of a b!#ch
    ________
    The View Condo Pattaya
    Last edited by hec16; 08-20-2011 at 08:28 PM.

Thread Information