Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Worst car you drove!??

Californian by nature, living in Teggsas.
    Heard about those CLAs, they sound interesting. Mercedes aiming at a younger audience?
    An it harm none, do as ye will

Approximately 79% of statistics are made up.

Quote Originally Posted by jcp123 View Post
    Mercedes aiming at a younger audience?
    An audience of automotive idiots is more like it. They simply do not make interesting cars, period. It's a "status-mobile" if anything.

EDIT: The most recent Merc made that remotely piques my interest is the 190E Evo II... and that was made in what, the early 90's?
    Last edited by LTSmash; 04-07-2013 at 01:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jcp123 View Post
    Heard about those CLAs, they sound interesting. Mercedes aiming at a younger audience?
    They say it's for people who never previously thought of a Merc as their car. Wheter this means younger or not remains to be seen.

I have to say, I like it as an object but not sure it'll work properly as a car. I've read some preliminarly reports which say this it's good through the corners, but I'm not so sure. It is basically an A-Class saloon, and the A-Class chassis leaves a lot to be desired, with terrible body control, a very un-Benz ride and a heavy nose.
    Quote Originally Posted by LTSmash View Post
    An audience of automotive idiots is more like it. They simply do not make interesting cars, period. It's a "status-mobile" if anything.

EDIT: The most recent Merc made that remotely piques my interest is the 190E Evo II... and that was made in what, the early 90's?
    That's not true.

The first two generations of the A-Class were very interesting from an engineering point of view. Not my cup of tea, but they bottled out when they discovered that what people actually want is a posh Golf with a three pointed star in the nose (the same that happened to the also very interesting A2). A shame.

Their rear wheel drive cars are (mostly) good though. Just not meant to go playing with the laws of physics or feel as intimate as a BMW.

And then there's the AMG V8 engine. The C63 AMG is the last of a line, and everyone who considers him/herself a true petrolhead should hold a moment of silence for its demise when the time comes.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

The W210 and W202 were the last MB's I really liked.

Mercedes I think is coming out of a mid-2000s slump, their quality had slipped a little and IMHO the styling was a little awkward and forced.

Looks like their quality has come back and I think they are trying to take a page out of Infiniti's book by sexing up their lower-priced offerings a la G35/G37 which took Infiniti from obscurity to a desired marque. Kind of the opposite of how they came up in the world by focusing on higher-end products a la S-Class.

Oh and a semantics note..."Merc" denotes a Mercury to me, so I will label Mercedes as MB.
    Last edited by jcp123; 04-07-2013 at 02:34 PM.

I can NOT believe I forgot this one...

...Cadillac Cimarron someone donate to my high school auto shop. I still shudder when I think about that piece of crap.

Thread Information