Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: whos fed up with dodge?

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    hmmm, having driven in extensively in Washington, Seattle, NY, Boston, Atlanta, SF and LA then my experience of freeway speeds does not go anywhere NEAR those comments.
    Commuters all sit at sub 40 - except Atlanta where they went 50+ and 5 feet from each bumper - lunatics
    As for NY, an hour to travel 10 miles was the norm. I soon realised why nobody else in the office drove !!!
    As most car use is commuting , where do you think it will make a BIG difference ?
    8% of 5% of the driving usage is INSIGNIFICANT. It's why slow/stop/start consupmtion is more important to reduce - but hard with a big engine.
    IN Atlanta 50+? , during peak rush hours in Atlanta the speed is 65- 70mph, unless there is back-up for some reason. And when you get out to the outer laying areas is turns, into somewhat of the bahn. At least when i go there.
    I am surprised you didn't call NY drivers lunatics, where they/(we?) drive extremely aggressive for no reason, in comparison to any other place (i've seen), were poeple (pecially cab drivers) will definately cut you off and bore if you leave 5 feet of space in tight flowing traffic, you develop a close driving instinct. Though true that in peak rush hours in NY, (on the freeway [ SIZE=1]to manhattan[/SIZE]) 10 miles an hour can definatley be the norm, in many cases. But when rush hour dies down, and there is open space on the freeway poeple fly, even on tight cornering side highways designed to prevent speed) ie. the Bronx River Parkway etc. they do 10-15 mph over the limit on average.

Some poeple prefer not to drive everday in hattan because of the annoying parking, $20-45 per hour parking garages, ease of getting over fined violation tickets- for everything, and the metrosysems are efficent and simple to use.

Poeple that are concerned about fuel comnsumption (were ever they are) often get "four banger" commuter cars for everyday use. And no matter how much they say abroad about "yank tanks" and what not, 4cyl. vechiles are the most common [number wise] vechiles in the US. If the toyota/honda hybrids were more widely avialable they would the #1 commuter vechiles, because they shut down the petrol motor at idle speed- full tops, bumpertobumper... (when the fuel dumpage is at one of its highest or richest mixture) turns on the e motor.

The GM 3.8L V6 (Series III) OHV, gets 29city/32-34 highway, with a tradeoff of a descent (below class) 200hp. That is the most fuel efficent V6 motor in world. What OHC V6 bets it at fuel eco?

yes it should be
    my cousin had 1 but he left it in a carpark over night and it got trashed.

Thread Information