Thread: 04 VY GTS V 05 VZ Clubsport R8

04 VY GTS V 05 VZ Clubsport R8

VY Series 2 HSV GTS V VZ HSV Clubsport R8

Something been thinking about since gen4 in vz. How would the old hero go againts the new kid on the block ?

2004 VY Series 2 GTS price when new $94,000

0-100 5.24sec
    0-400 13.36

5.7lt LS1 Callaway C4B 300kw 510nm. 6 speed M.
    APRacing brakes Standard.
    HSV Performence Suspension Adjustable standard Öhlins.
    19'' Rims pirelli p-zero.
    Full leather, Dualzone climate, Power mirrors windows seats, Crusie 4 airbags,
    Many more things most will know them.

2005 VZ Clubsport R8 Price new $ 70,990

0-100 5.2
    0-400 13.5

6.0lt LS2 297kw 530nm. 6 Speed M.
    APRacing brakes option.
    HSV performence suspension adjustable option Öhlins.
    19'' Rims pirelli p-zero
    Full leather, Single zone climate, Power mirrors windows seats, Crusie 4 airbags. And many more.
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

I can't see much of a difference, but I'll stick with the old one. The LS1 is a tried and true engine, so I know it's realiable. I'd love to have either, as long as it's in black.

the new clubbie is cheaper and pretty much just as fast, so i guess its better value for money

That would how would see it. Performence 0-100 and 0-400 and top speeds are so close. but on the track the GTS would have it's Biggest advantage with it's standard gear that make it much more expensive. But the VZ Club R8 is better value.

The more and lower down torque of the LS2 would make the VZ Clubby R8 a better day to day car or something to blast around on the street, but the big brakes and adjustable Ohlins on the GTS would give it the edge over the VZ on a track
    I am the Stig

Clubsport, if I spent the 20 grand I saved on tuning it it would be faster anyway.

But what's on the market for the LS2 when you think about it? Barely anything that we can get out hands on, and although there'd be a bit on the US, expect to pay double the price theyre selling it to get your hands on it. The LS1 on the other hand has the CAPA single turbo kit and APS twin turbo kit, as well as several head, cam and diff packages that get them doing 11's and 12's with the right driver

Its a tough ask, in a few years the VZ will be a better option if you want to use the change for parts, but you could always buy one now and wait i suppose
    I am the Stig

Well if you did the basic exhaust etc ECU etc..

You'd be basically limited to an interceptor chip like the Unichip for now on the LS2 as i dont believe the developers of the LS1edit have come up with a program to get into the LS2's chip, or had much experience with different diagnostics involved. Exhaust you'd expect would be simple enough, a set of headers might be done a bit trial and error which might cost some kW here and there, but theres not much that can go wrong with a nice dual 2.5 inch cat back
    I am the Stig

In 2 years time you might see the Clubsport R8 with GTS standard gear. But maybe by then the new GTS will have twice as much plus a extra 20% on the price
    I think HSV need just one superfast car and the rest go on normal as they do. But a $120,000 GTS with 370kw More advanced racer type suspension on zeta might be great.
    Go with the race type intiria 20" rims Make it a order care for road and track. Then it might do the job

as i dont know much about them ll go off looks and the silver one looks best
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickHolden
    In 2 years time you might see the Clubsport R8 with GTS standard gear. But maybe by then the new GTS will have twice as much plus a extra 20% on the price
    I think HSV need just one superfast car and the rest go on normal as they do. But a $120,000 GTS with 370kw More advanced racer type suspension on zeta might be great.
    Go with the race type intiria 20" rims Make it a order care for road and track. Then it might do the job
    i think they'll always be 2 different power levels amongst the HSV's, theyve basically based their whole business in offering a whole range of cars in one engine then having the mega GTS top it all off. The big question should be if they'll tune the LS2 or take the LS7
    I am the Stig

Thread Information